What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burcs
    • Feb 2006

Took my mother (62) to see The Dark Knight. She was thoroughly confused the entire time but thought it was pretty good. I have mixed feelings on Ledger. Half of it I thought was perfect, some of it I could take it or leave it. Thought he was best when delivering lines while semi-normal.

"When the chips are down these so-called civilized people...they'll eat each other."

I was less impressed with Bale this go around. Not just the voice, which was just bad, but even the new suit I didn't really care for, except for the "restrictive" head piece he had in the beginning. That one looked very comic book-ish.

I read somewhere about talk of Angelina Jolie playing Cat Woman in the next one. If that's true that sounds like a truly awful idea. I mean I'd love to see her in a cat suit, but in this "real world" setting they've been doing I just can't see a Cat Woman. They need to stick to regular old gangster style bad guys in my opinion.

-edit-

Not sure if there are any gamers here but came across this today. The game is Team Fortress 2, bit of a spoiler if you haven't seen the movie tho so...

__
    Last edited by burcs; 19 Aug 2008, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Saw Man On Wire and was left in awe at how this feat which will never ever be done again no where was completed. I was too young to remember this and haven't heard of it until last night. This was kind of odd and can be a spoiler.

Petite basically told everyone to f... off after he lived his dream.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"the happening" was horrible IMO
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

Long time no see LT.
          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

these guys don't know what to do w/themselves anymore. He goes from hard action n Boogie Nights to the happening. Thought i am legend was bad too. not to mention clover field...

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• NightTran
              King of Digital Video
              King of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

He smokes too much try if you see death Race
              sigpic

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

death race suppose to b good. marky mark in there too?

Well lil update. Saw "Grand Torino". Eastwood need I say more. Also checked out "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Nothing we don't know already. "Bangkok Dangerous" was ok.

Oh and coming in May, "X-Men The beginning of Wolverine". Looks great in the previews.

Babylon AD was alright. Luvy dubbie. Now you want to see a nice action flic check out TAKEN. About time they make something that sticks to 1 main theme.
                Last edited by dr_ml422; 8 Feb 2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

Time to dig up this thread,lol.

Watched Quantum of Solace, I liked it, loads of action. Finally watched The Dark Knight (yeah I'm slow) good but long. Heath deserved the hardware.

Comment

• blutach
                    Not a god of digital video
                    • Oct 2004

QOS was crappy since, for some stupid reason, the writers have abandoned the wonderful gadgets and cars that made Bond movies what they were. It's just another adventure flick - well done with lots of action, I'll grant you that - but soooooo far away from the real 007, it's just trading on the name. 3 stars outa 5 for mine.

As for TDK, Ledger shoud have won Best Actor, not Best Supporting. No-one can tell me that Christian Bale was the leading man in that flick.

And as for Death Race, well wasn't that The Condemned on wheels? Hmmmm. No originality. 2/10.

Best movie I've seen this year is Burn After Reading. It's like Fargo but on steroids! Who woulda thought the Coens could have topped Fargo? But with the bunch of idiots they assembled in Burn After Reading (even Brad Pitt was funny), it was just brilliant. 11 outa 10.

I also caught Saw 5 - yes, the premise was even more far fetched than the others, but it was really well done. I reckon I should have a "Saw weekend" and watch the lot one after another. And anyone who is really into horror, get an old movie from 1980 called Cannibal Holocaust. The director was brought up on murder charges as the authorities thought it was a snuff flick!! In order to be released, he had to produce the actors to show they were still alive!!!! Some of the scenes are in fact real - but there is a version without too much of the torture (on the R4 DVD anyway). This is actually the forerunner of the Hostel movies. Anyway, if you've got a cast iron tummy, get this one.

Regards
                    Last edited by blutach; 2 Apr 2009, 12:13 AM.
                    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

Good points blu, I liked QOS as an action flick, but it didn't feel like a bond movie.

Never thought about Ledger for the best actor but after seeing it, he was the movie, not batman.

Haven't watched Burn After Reading but heard good things. Big fan of the Coens and Fargo, have to put that one on the list.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

Bruno is LOL hilarious.
                        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                        Columbo moments...
                        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

How hilarious is it?

Comment

• doctorhardware
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2006

Hey LT. long time no see. From the commercials I saw it is not my cup of tea, to me it is lame. Plus I am not in the mood for comedy any ways.
                            Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• ger@co
                              Shrinkslinger, movie only
                              • Feb 2004

Hey LT, great to see you.
                              ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

• Kabuchan
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                Digital Video Enthusiast
                                • Apr 2006

Saw Transformers. 2 1/2 hours and my 7 year old daughter couldn't tear her eyes away. Awesome action flick for kids. Couple of swear words but nothing awful. I enjoyed it too ...
                                That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

Working...