What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I did see Fried Green Tomatoes it was very good as for Off the map I havent seen or heard of it but I did look it up and I will give it a look since it has Sam Elliott in it As for a Halloween movie you cant go wrong with the original Halloween movie or the Exorcist if you havent seen the TV version of the The Shining it would be a good choice also check out Tales from the Crypt 1972 version IMO its one of the greats as far as Halloween movies go

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

as for Off the map I havent seen or heard of it but I did look it up and I will give it a look since it has Sam Elliott in it
      that's why i watched it, sam elliot is a great actor. it's a good movie. also highly reccomend "mask" (not that jim carrey crap) 1985 with cher and eric stolz (true story).

i don't know if i have seen tales from the crypt 72', i have TFTC "demon knight" which IMO ain't bad. halloween original i have--good too
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

I have seen the mask I agree its a great movie.The mother had good intentions even though some of her actions went a bit far but she did love her kid more then anything else This one of 2 movies I liked Eric Stoltz in

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

yeah and cher is good too, ten times better than half of these simpletons in movies of today. stolz, all i can think of him in at the moment besides mask is the fly II...
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BR7
            • Aug 2005

The other one I liked Stoltz in was Pulp Fiction.I agree on the simpletons Hollywood needs to stop handing out jobs based on looks or there popularity in the music business and start giving it to those with talent. A lot of great actors are sitting there going to waste and I am sick of it 70% of the movies made in the past 5-10 years could of been so much better if talent was added to the movies thats why there are so many flops now a days
            Last edited by BR7; 25 Oct 2005, 01:33 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

i agree, most movies of today, well alot of them i won't even look at. i like stuff from the 80's, early 90's especially. soooo many goodies in there i don't even remember eric stolz in pulp fiction!, haven't seen it since 94 (think it came out in 94)
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

He was Lance the drug dealer.But I agree with you 100% the 80s and 90s was great for movies Im going to start adding more movies to my collection from the 80s and 90s

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

i got all the best ones i can think of, i can have a look at my movie list and throw a few ideas your way, comedies, horror, action etc.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                    • Aug 2005

That would be very cool I am always up to finding movies I may have forgot about or missed
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by BR7; 25 Oct 2005, 03:04 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• DAFT
                      Slightly Stupid
                      • Aug 2004

"i don't know if you're into this kind of movie or have seen it, but fried green tomatoes was excellent, as was "off the map"

BTW with halloween just around the corner, what are some good movies you can suggest suitable for the occasion?" Posted by LT.

any of the old Halloweens (Mike Myers mask is so perfect). I also like movies that have bio killers in them. A movie that is long forgotten but I thought pretty damn chilling ( in terms of something that you become and have no control over but are aware of) is Laviathon. I haven't seen it in awhile but man did that freak me out. Hell if your feeling real nastalgic break out the old Fright Night series and just go wild. I'm more for the psyc thriller so Jacobs Ladder was a strange movie for that. god I could go on for hours but the horror movies are less my specialty, I bet Taelon has some interesting ideas about this, he seems to know about genre films.
                      I'll end with a top 5 scary films: (take into account that I haven't seen some of these since their release)
                      The Excorcist
                      Amityville Horror
                      Angel Heart
                      The Serpant and the Rainbow( both angel Heart and serpant are Voodoo movies and that is just scary to me)
                      Invasion of the Bodysnatchers(I was so young and I didn't sleep right for months)
                      hope this helps
                      ps.- stolz was awsome in "2 Days in the Valley" if you haven't seen this movie then this should be the next one you rent, it's that good.
                      Last edited by DAFT; 25 Oct 2005, 03:45 PM.
                      Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                      I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

2 Days in the Valley was excellent I forgot this movie and didnt remember him being in it.I am now going to have to add this to my movie collection thanks DAFT

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

thanx for the suggestions DAFT, i'm going to start with renting 2 days in the valley, definetly never seen it---or heard of it.
                          BR7, i'll post those titles later tonight, there must be something i'll list that you'll want to add to your collection
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• pretty_ricky302
                            • Oct 2005

the thing below, dead meat, undead

Comment

• DAFT
                              Slightly Stupid
                              • Aug 2004

Just saw Crash...

Let me start by saying welcome to pretty ricky302 and I will check those films out that you suggested, I believe I saw undead. for some reason the messy flix never really scared me, just made me wish I could take a crack on the SE team and see what it's like to create a monster. A good watch, but not to scary is the Evil Dead series, including Army of Darkness. those damn movies made me cry I was laughing so hard. In the first one they simmulated a guel biting into a persons head by sticking a pencil into an apple, great stuff. just goes to show big budget does not mean great movie.
                              anyway, I just saw Crash and I don't know if you guys have seen or discussed this movie yet but it's worth a watch. I went into this flic wanting to hate it. From the hype this film got it seemed to me the once a year hollywood John Q emotion stuff that is supposed to make us all aware of the real problems. I usually hate that crap since it rings "after school special". Crash takes a great cast and really wraps it together in a Paul Thomas Anderson kind of way. give this one a shot and do what I did, just try to hate it and come out pleasantly surprized.
                              By the way, no longer a Nick Cage fan but The Weather Man looks incredible. later boys
                              Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• jmet
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

Just watched "Crash" last night, I thought it was a really good movie! I still can't believe "Tony Danza" got a part in it! The part were the black people get pulled over at the first of the movie just pisses me off! Sad part is, it happens all the time in "Big" cities.

Comment

Working...