What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Thats cool anybody that goes through that much trouble for a part earns my respect I may check it out as well. I am not a country fan but I cant say I hate it all either I did like some of Cash's songs as well as Hank Williams Jr and Waylon Jennings it's not a big list but hey you cant say I am snobby lol

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

I am not a country fan
      neither am i, cash's music is really folk music, not that twangy hillbilly cowboy crap. (garth brooks, alan jackson)
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• DAFT
        Slightly Stupid
        • Aug 2004

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
        ok br7, haven't seen much a DAFT lately....
        I've been working like crazy but I am going to report on a movie.
        Unleashed, Jet Lee's new flic just went Video. I really don't know how I feel about this one boyz. I want to say it was crap but then I think "that's friggin Morgan Freeman on the screen there???" what the hell is he doing in this film. Someone else needs to see this film and tell me I'm not crazy. Morgan is probably hurting someone right now because of this mess. I wouldn't even bring a movie like this to you except I waited 3 weeks to get it from BB. 3 weeks and this is the end result of my unwarrented expectation. friggin Morgan's in the flic though, just blows my mind
        help me make sense of this guys, I'm glad to have some time again by the way, any new movies for us to bash?
        ps.- watching Ong Bak now and OMG is this thing good, thx for the rec nwg you have yet to let me down.
        Last edited by DAFT; 6 Nov 2005, 07:00 PM.
        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• BR7
          • Aug 2005

Here is a report I found about that movie daft maybe this will help and its nice to see ya back here I thought you decided to take a vacation to come down here and check the cornfields here and you ended up getting lost lol

Leave it to Luc Besson to give us a Kung Fu movie with heart. This has some of the most brutal, bone-crunching fight scenes I've seen in some time. The expertly choreagraphed scenes have a real old school feel to them. If that weren't enough, Besson throws in a truly touching tale of Danny, Jet Li, who has been trained since childhood to kill at the command of his master, Bob Hoskins (the command being the unhinging of a leash). He is kept in a cage underground and is only allowed to leave when his master wants to use his violent skills. Through a series of events, he is freed from his master and meets Sam, Morgan Freeman. Sam shows Danny kindness for the first time in his adult life. Things start to really get interesting when his old master appears back in Danny's life and wants his "dog" back. Great performances all around. Luc, please direct again, we miss you!!
          Last edited by BR7; 6 Nov 2005, 07:17 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

i feel your anger! i like morgan freeman, for me it's his voice. ever since the eloquent narration of the shawshank redemption. he makes you listen. even the words of his presidential address in deep impact. as far as new movie ideas, all i seen that's new and was ok was star wars III and house of wax (that i can think of now)
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by DAFT
              ps.- watching Ong Bak now and OMG is this thing good, thx for the rec nwg you have yet to let me down.
              Glad you like it.

I haven't seen Unleashed yet (it is also known as Danny the Dog in). I will probably be renting the R2 version of Unleashed in a couple of weeks.

I am a big fan of Jet Li so will no doubt see it sometime. Jet Li's best films are Hero, Once Upon a Time in China 1 and 2 and Fist of Legend. Fist of Legend. Fist of Legend is a remake of Fist of Fury with Bruce Lee. Unfortunately, most of Jet Li's early films are only available in crappy English dubs.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

"I am a big fan of Jet Li "
                different strokes for different folks!
                The human mind never fails to amuse me,

with all respect
                old foogey chewy

"reserving the right to repectfully disagree"

Comment

• DAFT
                  Slightly Stupid
                  • Aug 2004

I agree with you on the Jet, I love his movies that were done in china. I do not like his movies with Rap stars. Once upon a Time in China Series and my all time favorite movie from him is Twin Warriors, that movie combined the straight hand fighting with weapon fights. Hero was excelent as well, great cast in it. I think I would have enjoyed Unleashed more if it was not so hard to get at BB. I built it up and for 3 weeks and nothing could live up to that kind of hype.
                  Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                  I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• nwg
                    Left *****
                    • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by DAFT
                    I agree with you on the Jet, I love his movies that were done in china. I do not like his movies with Rap stars. Once upon a Time in China Series and my all time favorite movie from him is Twin Warriors, that movie combined the straight hand fighting with weapon fights. Hero was excelent as well, great cast in it. I think I would have enjoyed Unleashed more if it was not so hard to get at BB. I built it up and for 3 weeks and nothing could live up to that kind of hype.
                    I don't mind his US made films. I like The One. Twin Warriors is on TV tonight. I may watch that one again even though it has the rubbish dubbing.

More trivia. It was the first time Jet Li and Donnie Yen had been together in the film Hero since they worked together in Once Upon a China 2 over ten years earlier. There fight scenes were good as they are similar.

Also, the Jet Li character Wong Fei-hung in the Once Upon a Time filmscan be seen in Iron Monkey as a boy (played by an actress!). Donnie Yen plays the boy's Father. The Wong Fei Hung character (based on a real person) actually appears in more than 100 films.
                    Last edited by nwg; 7 Nov 2005, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

LT,
                      "twangy hillbilly cowboy crap"
                      that's a little overboard there, my second passion is CW dancing,
                      just don't knock GS next.
                      variety is the spice of life!

Ever waltzed?

Admitedly there is some truth in your point but "nostalgia" is at play here.

How about the point made in "murder on music row"?

I guess you're too young to remember "happy trails to you"?

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

I like Jet Li as well my favorites of his are
                        The Legend 1,2
                        Fist of legend
                        Hero
                        Once Upon a Time in China 1,2
                        Twin Warriors

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

Chewy,

Ever waltzed?
                          you asking me out on a date?

chewy....square dancing? i can't believe it.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
                            Chewy,

you asking me out on a date?

chewy....square dancing? i can't believe it.
                            Well I turned 50(long ago and far away), another midlife crisis,
                            decided I would learn to dance, it called couple lead and follow,
                            or old folgie gets to hold on to young girl, vbg!
                            as in ucwdc. But then I am only starting my 7th year.
                            Long row to hoe!

square dancing is for later in life

Comment

• Floppy

I hated live aquatic.... I commited suicide during Lost In translation (what was the original language anyway? bo-horlicks?) and I fell asleep during Alexander directors cut....

It was just a little too gay for me....

Comment

• nwg
                                Left *****
                                • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Floppy
                                I hated live aquatic.... I commited suicide during Lost In translation (what was the original language anyway? bo-horlicks?) and I fell asleep during Alexander directors cut....

It was just a little too gay for me....

I haven't read posts from you for ages. Welcome back.

Comment

Working...