What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

some semi sleepers
    part1

3 days of the condor
    air america
    all the president's men
    always
    bobby jones
    butterfly effect
    cider house rules
    constantine
    emporer's club
    finding neverland
    finding forrester
    from hell
    gangs of newyork
    glory
    hard ball
    mr holland's opus
    horse whisperer
    K-19
    king authur(new)
    Lawrence of arabia
    legend of bangor vance

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Let's face it there has been so many great movies over the years and definitely worth watching more than once.Now that they are re-releasing some of the older movies on DVD it is great.I just puschased the 30th anniversary edition of The Wild Geese Roger Moore/Richard Burton/Richard Harris and on it's way to my wife as we speak is Matt Helm's Lounge with all four Matt Helm movies on DVD.Oh and by the way the worst movie I ever saw was ED and His Dead Mother.
      Last edited by soup; 7 Dec 2005, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
        some semi sleepers
        part1

air america
        all the president's men
        always

from hell
        gangs of newyork
        glory

king authur(new)

legend of bangor vance
        part1?

i have most of these. from hell is one of my favorite dvd's. glory, gangs, air america are good.presidents men was good too. never seen begger vance, hate golf so i don't know how it will turn out though, but i'll try it
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

You must have seen Tin Cup if you like Costner.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

yep i seen it. pretty good.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

K-19 Widowmaker is a excellent submarine film. I also liked King Arthur but make sure it is the Director's Cut with an extra footage.

For humour, Shaun of the Dead takes some beating. It's one of the funniest films I have seen. It may help if you also see the TV series Spaced (if you are in the UK). SOTD is like a film version of a Spaced episode.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

legend of bangor vance is more about levels of consciouness as relating to golf, I don't golf. sort of like kung fu philosophy(shaolin), doubt the kids get it at all. intellectual have you watched law of arabia on dvd?
                when it was released on vhs I got them to open the first copy for rental
                part 2 m-z
                medcine man
                memphis bell
                message in a bottle
                miracle
                mona lisa smile
                music from the heart
                notebook
                october sky
                outbreak
                perfect storm
                pianist
                POSSESSION
                radio
                postman
                right stuff
                river runs thru it
                searching for bobby fischer
                secret window(oh my bowl of corn)
                second hand lions(shot guns and salesmen)
                sixth sense
                sweet home alabama(spent my money)
                -----crushing beer can as eyes bulge out
                twister
                u571
                village
                whale rider
                windtalkers
                40yrvirgin

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

K-19 Widowmaker is a excellent submarine film. I also liked King Arthur but make sure it is the Director's Cut with an extra footage.
                  you're right here, have both of those, dir cut of king too. i'm going to do some snooping at IMDb on the comedy, don't get it in L.A.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• DiscoInferno
                    • Apr 2005

Ive got series 1 and 2 of Spaced. Its the funniest comdy ive ever known. With the renewed interest in it hopefully they will make a third series.

"Oh my god, ive got some f*cking Jaffa Cakes in my coat pocket!!!"

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

chewy

you like from hell too, do you believe the prevailing theory portrayed in the movie about the freemason's/queen's involvement?
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

lt,
                        not really, kinda took it with a grain of salt, not my area, homicide you know.
                        kennedy assination, oliver stone kind of thing. of course anything's possible,
                        probable is another story.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

i see, don't want to evade from your element, wookie! i think it is one of the best theories. although if it was just a random killer it would make the story more fascinating as he(no way it was a she) has never been found. technology was on the killer(s) side. no prints, DNA etc.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

how bout Possession, there's pseudo homicide there?
                            kinda arstyfartsy

Comment

• DiscoInferno
                              • Apr 2005

I saw a great documentary about The Ripper. They claimed to have found new evidence that it was some surgeon in the East End, i dont remember his name . This guy had painted pictures of women cut and wounded, and they had striking similarities to the actual women murdered, not just having similar looks, but similar wounds and disfigurements. he was actually arrested at the times of the murders, but was never charged.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

i think you speak of "sickert" perhaps...doing some research on the book suggested to me by UncasMS...although sickert i believe was an artist. not sure if the same fella--yet. investigating continues.

@chewy
                                this one? (several same titles) looks like a "must rent" so far....
                                Last edited by LT. Columbo; 8 Dec 2005, 01:03 PM.
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...