What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

"i don't know about a book like that chewy"
    it's required reading at the wookie academy, death before dishonor,
    etc.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

"wookie academy"...
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• DAFT
        Slightly Stupid
        • Aug 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
        Hey Daft,
        check out

Le Guin is a prolific writer, but she is still best known for a series she started writing in the '60s. Frequently compared to J.R.R. Tolkien's THE LORD OF THE RINGS and C.S. Lewis' THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA, the allegorical Earthsea tetralogy takes place in a primitive civilization protected by wizards and occasionally menaced by dragons.

start with "word for world is forest" then earth sea trilogy?

I was in my 20's when I read this stuff, long ago and far away
        David Eddings is the author I was thinking of. best stuff I read about the middle earth. I really liked the consideration each author gave with regards to the affects of using magic. Eddings made it almost mathmatical in the sense there was a cause and effect and if I use Wind here, then that wind can become an unforseen storm miles away as result.
        Terry Brooks looked at magic as a last resort and that magic was inherently evil. ok I sound like a dork so I'm done. thx chewy for helping me remember the authors name and everybody in here if don't get another chance, HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
        Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
        I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

careful daft, people will start to realize your intellectual leanings,
          next thing you know you'll be reading Niven.

Comment

• TNT
            DVD Shrinker
            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
            iBTW anyone here see the polar express yet?
            I saw it last year in IMAX 3D. The elves were very ugly, and the wolves scared the bejeezus out of my daughter. One nice dance/song routine, especially in 3D, but otherwise a forgettable movie. Translation: You'd probably like it.

Edit: Oh yes, and the children, especially the little black girl looked horrible!
            Last edited by TNT; 16 Dec 2005, 05:16 PM.
            Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
            I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

i did like it, i bought it. just wondering who else has seen it and what they thought of it.. jmet said a while back he was going to watch it but didn't comment on it that i can recall.

i didn't like the people animation, but the rest of the animation was good, actually really good. to tell you the truth i hated the singing, it was a strike against the movie to me. i've always hated tv/movies/shows/cartoons with bloody singing parts in them. good movie though. 80 something minutes and 15 minutes credits!
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• TNT
                DVD Shrinker
                • Jan 2004

Lt., So what was your most hated film of 2004/2005?
                I want to watch it because I'll probably love it!
                Last edited by TNT; 16 Dec 2005, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

I was suppose to watch it but, the movie was stolen from me the night I was planning on watching it.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by jmet
                    I was suppose to watch it but, the movie was stolen from me the night I was planning on watching it.
                    i think you might like it jmet, worth a try. it's for a young audience, but visually pleasing.

@TNT

man i'd have to think here. like i said in the first post of this thread life aquatic is still a front runner....i'll do some thinking and post them as they come to me, what about you?

@chewy

saw possession as you suggested. good story. worth the dollar i tell ya
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

looie,
                      "saw possession as you suggested. good story. worth the dollar i tell ya"

unique detective story, 2nd watching was almost as good

Comment

• TNT
                        DVD Shrinker
                        • Jan 2004

Well, this isn't too recent but Lost in Translation was not to my liking. Plain ignorance and stupidity is not humorous. King Arthur sucked too. I love the genre but it was a big disappointment. The only movie I've ever given a one out of ten to is The Blair Witch Project.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

i liked king arthur, i have the director's cut. not sure what the difference would be from the original though--nwg would know i bet. i saw blair witch in the theatre, cheap i thought but suspenseful sorta. never desired to watch it again.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

I watched king arthur twice, interesting twist on history, kinda like
                            to know was there anything to that history?

Comment

• TNT
                              DVD Shrinker
                              • Jan 2004

I actually liked A Knight's Tale a lot. Hilarious movie.

Comment

• jmet
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

I bought my mom this DVD set for Christmas. Shes a HUGE Oprah Winfrey fan! She should enjoy all 6 disc's! - http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-The_Opra...ion_2004516734

Edit: They are actually not bad to watch, I enjoyed them. (Yes, I must be in touch with my feminine side. lmao )

Comment

Working...