What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lfcrule1972
    Liverpool 'til I die......
    • Nov 2003

Hiya,

Polar Express - saw it last year with the kids when I was ill, I admit I prayed it would end so I could get out and be sick (illness not the film !! Lol) Saw it again the other week on DVD and have to agree that the people animation is a bit scary but the overall film was much better than I remembered. Like the Lt tho - singing in films really pees me off too !!

King Arthur - I have the directors cut too, really enjoyed it, like that genre anyway and was pleased to see that it didn't just re-has old ground, it tried to look at story of King Arthur and actually place it in history rather than invent its own time period for the film to fit in !

Regards
    "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
      i liked king arthur, i have the director's cut. not sure what the difference would be from the original though--nwg would know i bet. i saw blair witch in the theatre, cheap i thought but suspenseful sorta. never desired to watch it again.
      The DC has an extra 15 minutes. It has some deleted scenes put back but mostly the fight scenes have been extended and supposed to be a bit gorier/more volient. I haven't seen the Theatrical version to see the difference.

The historical of the film is still a inaccurate but I didn't care. It was a good flm to see lots of people being slaughtered in battles.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by nwg
        The DC has an extra 15 minutes. It has some deleted scenes put back but mostly the fight scenes have been extended and supposed to be a bit gorier/more volient. I haven't seen the Theatrical version to see the difference.

The historical of the film is still a inaccurate but I didn't care. It was a good flm to see lots of people being slaughtered in battles.

It was a good flm to see lots of people being slaughtered in battles
        ....which parts are inaccurate? as i understand it, a lot is uncertain about king arthur and exactly when he died. sadly my knowledge of history in this area is weak
        Last edited by LT. Columbo; 17 Dec 2005, 02:49 AM.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Comment

• wlnelson
            • Mar 2005

My most heted movie this last 2 years was "nepolian dynomite". but the most hated of all time is "troll 2". nepolian is either loved ot hated. seems to be no in between
            (My_Website)(downloads)

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
              ....which parts are inaccurate? as i understand it, a lot is uncertain about king arthur and exactly when he died. sadly my knowledge of history in this area is weak
              Only small things really. However, the Romans left 50 years or so before the period the film is set in. The Roman/Saxon history was at fault. Saxons were invited to Britain to keep invaders out of Scotland and Ireland as Mercenaries. The people known as Woads in the film were actually called Picts.

A lot about the King Arthur person was made up and become part of the legend. There was no Lancelot for example.

This site is worth reading (although a little brief) and compares legend with history.

Wikipedia entry

To the average person things like this doesn't matter and I still enjoyed it.

Comment

• DiscoInferno
                • Apr 2005

King Arthur is another subject that really interested me a while back. I was lucky enough to have a guided tour around Glastonbury Abbey by a monk there. This place is the supposed Isle Of Avalon, as Somerset was underwater hundereds ofyears back, except Glastonbury, as its on a hill. Anyway, he showed me the supposed grave of Guinevere, and The Joseph of Arimathea tree etc. He told me that Germany , France and other european countries had their own King Arthur, with different names, and suspected it to be a story missionaries used to introduce the word of God. I got to know this monk pretty well as i lived up the road and i can say Glastonbury is one AMAZING place. I now live ten miles from Tintagel, Arthurs other castle.

As for crappy films this week. The Great Raid. Shoud have been good, not sure why i didnt like it. Too much "gung ho" maybe.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

good links. i booked marked them. have to admire the mystery. it's sad that so much of history is lost and filled with uncertainties.

thanx

@disco

King Arthur is another subject that really interested me a while back. I was lucky enough to have a guided tour around Glastonbury Abbey by a monk there. This place is the supposed Isle Of Avalon, as Somerset was underwater hundereds ofyears back, except Glastonbury, as its on a hill. Anyway, he showed me the supposed grave of Guinevere, and The Joseph of Arimathea tree etc. He told me that Germany , France and other european countries had their own King Arthur, with different names, and suspected it to be a story missionaries used to introduce the word of God. I got to know this monk pretty well as i lived up the road and i can say Glastonbury is one AMAZING place. I now live ten miles from Tintagel, Arthurs other castle.
                  sounds facinating. i wish i could go see places like this. when i was a kid i hated learning about history, now i absolutely love learning about it.
                  Last edited by LT. Columbo; 17 Dec 2005, 04:10 AM.
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

"it's sad that so much of history is lost and filled with uncertainties."

starting to sound like carl sagan, see library of alexandria

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by TNT
                      Lt., So what was your most hated film of 2004/2005?
                      I want to watch it because I'll probably love it!
                      i said i'd get back to you. let's see. so far i got

land of the dead
                      christmas with the kranks
                      the grudge
                      the forgotten
                      XXX state of blah blah blah...
                      million dollar baby (why did i buy a stinkin movie like this?)
                      constantine
                      life aquatic ( this is an uber pile of dung)
                      boogeyman (more dung)
                      miss congeniality 2 (i like the first one)
                      national treasure
                      spanglish
                      lemony snickers a series of unfortunate droppings (what it should be)
                      the final cut

to me, you put all that together and you have one massive pile of manure.

@chewy
                      here?:

Columbo moments...

Comment

• TNT
                        DVD Shrinker
                        • Jan 2004

land of the deadHaven't seen
                        christmas with the kranksUsed to like Tim Allen, HS
                        the grudgeHS
                        the forgottenOh yeah, not so good
                        XXX state of blah blah blah...OK for an action movie
                        million dollar baby (why did i buy a stinkin movie like this?)Gimme if you don't want it. I thought it was beautiful.
                        constantineCouldn't quite get through it
                        life aquatic ( this is an uber pile of dung) HS
                        boogeyman (more dung)HS
                        miss congeniality 2 (i like the first one)Not as good ast 1st, but OK
                        national treasureI REALLY liked it. Love puzzles and such. I also liked the ninth gate a lot.
                        spanglishHS
                        lemony snickers a series of unfortunate droppings (what it should be)Didn't read book. Crappy movie
                        the final cutHS
                        Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
                        I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

"constantine"

where's the suspension of disbelief? Don't take life or the other world
                          so seriously, let yourself go and take the film as it is.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

it's not my kind of movie. and i don't care for piano reeves.
                            Columbo moments...

Comment

• angusandtj
                              • Dec 2005

Worst of last few years would have to include Life Aquatic and Napoleon and I'll definetely second the crap opinion on the Grudge. Don't know for sure about Constantine -kept falling asleep. But I would definitely have to throw in Kung Pow, Drop Dead Fred(old) and Gods and Generals. Narnia not out here in Thailand but just saw new King Kong and loved it!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

i could agree with most of that. i liked gods and generals, but gettysburg was a bit better and a different story.
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...