What is your most hated film of 2004/2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by DAFT
    Derree, first off I would like to compliment you on the Stewie Wave and secondly I can't believe they made a sequel to that cinima cancer. again great AVl.
    Thanks Daft I've always liked your pirate baby as well as the pic of Bush fishing in NO...And I liked 8MM, I thought it was good..but I can say it is a pretty good bet that I will have nothing to do with the sequel....And We watched Lord of War yesterday....it was pretty good...we enjoyed it...today while the Mrs is doing homework I am going to watch either House of Wax, Dark Water or Unleased and I haven't decided yet which one...
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Derree
      I am going to watch either House of Wax, Dark Water or Unleased and I haven't decided yet which one...
      Definitely watch Unleashed. The Japanese version of Dark Water is superior to the U.S. remake.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

i haven't seen unleashed yet, but myself anyway i'd watch house of wax before dark water. but i thought both were good. going to start the cave tonight. it better not be a TOTAL piece of crap
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

nwg. i was looking at your dvd collection and it's very good. many titles i also have. i was wondering though, i only see TLOTR fellowship. not the other 2. you don't have the set or is the list not updated yet?

also i see scary movie and not 2. not sure if there is a 3. i have scary movie 2 and not the first one. bloody hillarious. have you seen it? (scary movie 2)
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Derree
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jul 2005

I ended up watching House of Wax first then I watched Dark Water...I must say I liked Wax alot better....Dark water was ...well It was ok, but had no real suspense involved in it.
            sigpic

good

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

I thought HOW was very good it kind of reminded me of the old version of the texas chainsaw massacre
              Last edited by BR7; 23 Jan 2006, 04:06 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Derree
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Jul 2005

Yeah I agree BR7...I heard bad things about it and thought that with Paris Hilton in it it would suck but I was very pleasently suprised...It was one of those Horror movies that has you trying to tell the charater on the screen to get out of the house!!!!
                sigpic

good

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Derree
                  I ended up watching House of Wax first then I watched Dark Water...I must say I liked Wax alot better....Dark water was ...well It was ok, but had no real suspense involved in it.
                  i agree 100%. i just finished the cave tonight. not bad. i could watch it again. this person from IMDB wrote these comments about it which i think are right on.

Not nearly as bad as everyone says. Just a fun popcorn flick, 5 December 2005

Author: nickdove from California

I went into this movie expecting just your average creature feature akin to Pitch Black, and I wasn't let down. It is, indeed, just your average creature feature. It's not the next best thing to Aliens, but it's not the travesty most reviewers here are making it out to be either.

The Cave is a fun popcorn flick. There's no really deep plot or amazing acting talent. What this movie does have is a few very intense, suspenseful moments, which is only aided by the very dark and claustrophobic atmosphere of the cave. It also has your average thriller twist at the end which I did not see coming.

The cinematography and directing by first-timer Bruce Hunt is surprisingly well done. His background as assistance director for the Matrix films and Dark City is apparent here. While he's no Spielberg or Cameron, he keeps the camera angles interesting, and there are scenes within vast, tall rooms in the cave that are quite breathtaking. One complaint, however, is that he chose to follow other directors mistakes in jarring the camera in a very frenetic and sickening manner back and forth whenever one of the characters is being attacked by the creature. This is not only very annoying and disorienting, but is IMO just a trick to cover up the poor creature fx.

Speaking of the FX, I have to say I'm 50/50 here. Sometimes they looked good, and sometimes they looked like they were from a Sci-Fi Channel original movie. The creature effects that looked good were the closeups, which utilized real models. These looked quite realistic. But far away shots of the CGI creatures are not so impressive.

If you want to sit down on a Friday night and just have fun, then pick up The Cave.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• TNT
                    DVD Shrinker
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks to Lt. I remembered my all-time least favorite Movies. I've watched three movies by Peter Greenaway, and you couldn't pay me enough to watch another one. In my book, it's three strikes and you're out. Specifically, I watched 'Drowning by Numbers', 'Prospero's Books' and 'The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and her Lover'. All way to artsy to me. If any one can honestly say they loved any Greenaway film and explain what they loved about it, I would appreciate it. And lots of naked people is NOT a good reason!

Another film I hated was 'Last Tango In Paris'. I honestly yelled "Get to the F--king point!" in the middle of the movie at the University Hall and got a lot of laughs. Watching a beached whale mumble for hours is not my idea of fun.
                    Last edited by TNT; 25 Jan 2006, 01:36 AM.
                    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
                    I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

even though i haven't heard of any of those movies i can understand how you feel. i just got duped with a real stinker. the aristocrats. my lord. definetly a contender for my most hated film of 2006. actually it's a documentary. like they say, it's absolutely filthy. not exactly what i was expecting though. there is absolutely nothing funny about it to me. total piece of crap. i can't even tell what the joke is here cause it's so filthy.

on to pleasant things. the fog ain't bad for a cheap movie, and you can't go wrong with flight plan. finally a decent new movie
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• Zero G
                        Next to Arch Stanton
                        • Jan 2006

Flight plan looked like it might not be bad. I'll have to watch that one this weekend.
                        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

i don't think you'll be dissapointed. it's not the movie of the century, but a decent story with a good ending.
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• Zero G
                            Next to Arch Stanton
                            • Jan 2006

That's good enough for me.
                            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

Actor Chris Penn Dead

25 January 2006
                              Chris Penn: 1965-2006

Actor Chris Penn, brother of Sean Penn and star of such films as Reservoir Dogs and Mulholland Falls, was found dead Tuesday at a condominium in Santa Monica; he was 40. Few details were released surrounding Penn's death late Tuesday afternoon, though sources reported there were no signs of foul play, and an autopsy was to be conducted to determine the cause of death. A spokesperson for the Penn family confirmed the actor's passing and released a statement saying that Penn's family "would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time." The son of director Leo Penn and actress Eileen Ryan, Penn was the younger brother of Oscar-winning actor Sean Penn and musician Michael Penn, and began his acting career in the early 80s, appearing in such films as Rumble Fish, All the Right Moves, and Footloose; he appeared alongside his brother in the 1986 film At Close Range. Penn went on to specialize in working-class character roles, achieving fame for his portrayal of Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs as well as such films as Short Cuts, The Funeral (for which he received an Independent Spirit Award nomination), and Mulholland Falls. Most recently, he appeared in the film version of Starsky & Hutch as well as episodes of TV series Entourage and Everwood, and his latest film, The Darwin Awards, was slated for a premiere Wednesday night at the Sundance Film Festival.
                              how much do you all want to bet it was dope? it's too bad. he was the penn i liked.
                              Last edited by LT. Columbo; 26 Jan 2006, 07:26 AM.
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

• BR7
                                He is coming to your little town!
                                • Aug 2005

That's a shame I really liked him as an actor

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...