Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I couldn't agree more.I have a feeling Vick will be thrown in the clink.From what I have been hearing on ESPN is that he was in charge of destroying the dogs that didn't win and his methods were disgusting.I agree with what I heard on ESPN when they say they wonder what Vick is really like in his private life.Because it's a known fact from psychological tests that all serial killers had a past of abusing animals

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

He has already lost the nike shoe deal. Nike has suspended the release.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• BR7
        • Aug 2005

WOW they must changed their mind from their announcement yesterday morning,because they said they were going to release the shoe .Wonder what group put the pressure on them

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Yeah looks like they just did it yesterday. I was watching NFL Network this morning, the statement from Nike said they would suspend the release but not terminate any contract with Vick.

You can bet your ass as soon as he is convicted of any charge at all, that Nike will yank the rug out real fast,lol.

On a brighter note.....next week is training camp week.

Comment

• BR7
            • Aug 2005

On a brighter note.....next week is training camp week.
            I smell a Steeler Super Bowl victory this year LOL

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

I hope they do well too BR7, the second half will be a tough one though. Cinci, NE, Jac, St. Louis, and Baltimore all in December.

Love em or hate em, can't wait to see how Brady does with his new weapons.

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

Love em or hate em, can't wait to see how Brady does with his new weapons.
                ESPN is going to overboard with this.I can see it now,Tom Brady and Randy Moss were doing,seen,talking,having fun,getting along, and so on LOL. But it does make you curious to see how the season will unfold for them

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

Yeah I love how they say oh no Moss won't step out of line with NE, the leaders on the team won't allow it. Yeah, we shall see about that,lol. I hope he has matured and wants to win a ring more then catch a few extra passes or something silly.

Comment

• BR7
                    • Aug 2005

WOW!!! Not a great month for professional sports.ESPN just reported that an NBA referee is being investigated by the FBI for shaving points for the mob.Seems he has a gambling problem that put him in debt and it forced to make a deal with the mob.He even bet on NBA games including the ones he was officiating

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                      WOW!!! Not a great month for professional sports.ESPN just reported that an NBA referee is being investigated by the FBI for shaving points for the mob.Seems he has a gambling problem that put him in debt and it forced to make a deal with the mob.He even bet on NBA games including the ones he was officiating
                      Wow! Thanks for that info BR7, heard nothing about that yet. On my way to have a read now though,lol.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2006

sounds like shades of Micheal Jordan.
                        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Dan
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

Nike ices Vick's pact; Reebok halts sale of No. 7 jersey

Reebok doesn't even have a contract with Vick, but they do have all the NFL jersey rights. Have to keep up with Nike and look good though,lol.

Comment

• jm1647
                            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                            • Apr 2005

Well training camp is going on, the exhibition season will be starting soon and the regular season starts in September.

I'm gonna start a 2007 season pool on tailgates.com again, anybody who wants to join send me a PM and I'll give ya the link to the site and the join ID and password to sign up for this years DVF Football pool. The stats are still there for the 2006 season so I'm starting a new one just in case so we start off fresh, all at 0 wins and losses.

Here we go again and I'm ready for some football so I'll start the trash talk fun now

Last edited by jm1647; 5 Aug 2007, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

NFL rule changes for 2007

The most notable changes include:

* Spiking or throwing the ball in the field of play after a down has ended results in a five-yard penalty. Players can still spike the ball after touchdowns. If a player spikes the ball while the play is still alive, it will be deemed an illegal forward pass if the ball moves forward. If the ball moves back, the result is a fumble and the play is still alive. The reason for this rule change is to improve sportsmanship and to speed up the game.
                              * In previous years, when an airborne player was headed out of bounds near the goal line he would score as long as the ball broke the plane in or out of bounds because, in theory, the goal line extended beyond the field of play. That is the case no more. The player now must get any part of the football to pass over or inside the goal line pylon before he touches out of bounds to be awarded a touchdown.
                              * The NFL invested a significant amount of money in the off-season to upgrade instant replay technology to high definition because it is now a permanent part of the game. To help speed up the game, referees will now only have 60 seconds instead of 90 to review a play.
                              * Another significant change to instant replay is that plays where runners are ruled down by contact, but a fumble occurs can now be challenged. If there is indisputable evidence of a fumble, the spot where the player recovered the ball will be the new line of scrimmage. Any advances are nullified. If there is no indisputable visual evidence, the original call of down by contact will stand.
                              * Illegal touching was called on offensive linemen if they were the first to touch a forward pass. Now, it is only illegal if they intentionally try to touch it or if the pass is caught by a player who was originally ineligible before the snap. It was deemed that no advantage was gained when an offensive lineman unintentionally touched a forward pass.
                              * An illegal cut block on wide receiver - any block below the waist after the receiver crosses the line of scrimmage - is now a 15-yard penalty and an automatic first down.

Other points of emphasis include:

* Referees will be very strict in calling illegal contact, defensive holding, taunting and roughing the quarterback penalties.
                              * The amount of time for teams to prepare the kicking (or K) balls has been extended to 45 minutes from 20, beginning two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff. The officials will assign an independent K-ball person to relay the 12 balls into play when needed. Every effort will be made to keep a ball in play that has previously been kicked.

Source: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...story_id=13448

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

4 people in the 2007 NFL pool so far including me.

Back so far are Dan, Kabuchan and uufta

Pool starts opening day Thursday September 6th with New Orleans at Indianapolis and goes to the Super Bowl

Comment

Working...