• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647

And the Packers have a thing in the deal that if the Jets trade Favre to the Vikes they gotta give the Packers 3 1st round draft picks

WOW, now that's what I call covering your ass,LOL.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Well I thought I read they couldn't trade Favre to the Vikings no matter what, and if he made the super bowl then they would get 3 #1's. Could be wrong though. That would definitely b covering their ass.

The Giants won the super bowl. I bet no one saw that coming. Lol...

Guess what? The Jets aren't going anywhere w/him or w/out him. Man, I'm just thinking what the Patriots, Chargers, and Steelers are going to do to them. All because of ego n pride. Better to have smiled n stayed retired n chuck that last interception to the G-Men as his last mark. Fits as he's also the all time leader in interceptions.

Oh well. The Jets are probably going to have to hire the same pr man Green Bay did. You think it was a circus in Wisconsin? Welcome to the advertising capitol of the world Brett.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

Farve is a big joke, I believe every one is laughing at him
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Hey he'll probably end up in Hollywood. That cameo in There's Something About Mary wasn't too bad. Jesus we can't escape this novel even if we wanted too. I've tried, but can only have the sports channel off for so long.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Dan
            WOW, now that's what I call covering your ass,LOL.
            Can't find where I seen it yesterday but I found this on NFL.com about the draft picks

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The draft pick traded for Favre turns into a third-round selection if he plays in 50 percent of the plays this season, a second-rounder if he plays in 70 percent of the plays and the Jets qualify for the playoffs, and a first-round pick if he plays in 80 percent of the plays and Jets make it to the Super Bowl.

and this

Schefter also reports that the Packers took great pains to ensure Favre would not be traded to the Vikings -- or any other NFC North team -- by inserting a "poison pill" in the deal. If Favre were to be traded to any team in the Packers' division, the Jets would have to surrender three first-round picks to Green Bay. The trade also includes provisions preventing a trade to another team if that new team were to trade him to the NFC North.

Looks like the Packers really covered their ass

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Yeah I read the full Schefter report last night, amazing all the stipulations attached to the trade.

I thought Favre picked a great time to retire , went into OT in the NFC Championship game, not a bad way to exit. A season with the Jets after all this mayhem the past few months will only taint his career IMO.

Comment

• BR7
                He is coming to your little town!
                • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
                Farve is a big joke, I believe every one is laughing at him
                I wouldn't go as far thinking he is a joke and neither would the New York fans,20,000 Farve Jet jerseys sold the first day he was officially announced as a Jet.We will see a big improvement in the Jets this year that's for sure.Every time I think he is done he comes back and impresses people.
                Last edited by BR7; 9 Aug 2008, 07:14 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
                  An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                  • Apr 2005

Brett is a walk-in to the HOF when his time comes and I guess he still has the urge to play the game. And @ $12,000,000 a year I would have the urge to play longer also.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

@Dan. He made a big mistake coming back. I agree he's going to look bad at the end of all this. What's the difference whether he throws an interception and retires like last year or has a sub-par season this year w/the Jets.

@BR7. Why is everyone automatically assuming Brett's going to have a great season? The Jets? I'm a native New Yorker. Only teams happening here are the Giants, Yanks, Rangers and maybe the Islanders. The Knicks have been dead. The Jets and Mets forget about it. Everyone gets better in the off-season. I feel for him in that he just can't face reality. Green Bay was in no way going to let him pull his "I don't know if I'm coming back act." Kids answer ?'s w/"I don't know. I don't know." Hindsight is 20-20. We'll see soon what'll really transpire.

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

Chad Pennington inked a 2 year deal with the Dolphins, and they play the Jets opening day in Miami. That should draw some attention in a game that nobody would have cared about a week ago,lol.

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

Why is everyone automatically assuming Brett's going to have a great season?
                        That's an easy answer It's because Brett always plays better when he is under pressure and has something to prove.I have never been a big Farve supporter and I thought he should have retired long ago(shows what I know). I do know one thing and that is he is an outstanding QB with a couple more years left in him.He is going to give it his all until that chip on his shoulder is satisfied

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

Just updated my avatar 4 the upcoming NFL season. It's going to b great. I'll b making my picks soon 4 the first week. Good Luck to all.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2006

Go BEARS!
                            Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

There is a Bears team?

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Gary D
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Dec 2005

HEY HEY!

I like the Bears too (when GB does not make the playoffs)!

It is the Vikings I hate!

Gary D

Comment

Working...