X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

I think Orton is going to be the starting quarterback. He has settled down a lot had had a lot of time to throw the ball had very good protection. I liked what I saw last night. He is throwing the ball is not rushed and has gotten more accurate. Grossman is Grossman not able to throw the ball, taking chances that will cause interceptions.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

I just can't figure out why they didn't go for a vet QB.They had Culpepper,Pennington(Now a phin) and Leftwhich(Now a Steeler) ready and waiting.IMO any of those 3 would have been better then what they have now

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

"I just can't figure out why they didn't go for a vet QB.They had Culpepper,Pennington(Now a phin) and Leftwhich(Now a Steeler) ready and waiting."

BR7 this vet thing is getting played out. Especially when it comes to those who've had injuries. Teams now I think are going to be more inclined to go w/what they have particularly if they're younger and already invested in them. It makes sense really, or they wouldn't bother drafting some of these guys at #1 or w/e. It's the $$$ they make off of some of these guys that makes them keep them, but I think that's going to come to a head and be dealt w/in some other fashion. $$$'s the bottom line.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• BR7
          • Aug 2005

That dont make any sense to me at all .Orton will more the likely start with back up pay and has more experience then his high drafted teammate Grossman.What good is the high paid Grossman with little experience going to offer Orton? .Right now if I was a Chicago player or fan,I think a Culpepper looks very good right now.Not to mention what he can offer the youngsters experience wise .Hell ,they could probably get him cheap

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

How cheap do you really think guys like Culpepper etc... are going to be? With all those egos and pride I bet not that cheap at all. Besides like you said Orton has more experience so you don't even have to include Grossman in the equation. They're stuck w/his salary so they might as well keep him around. Economics again. The real test is on the field anyway. You could be behind the best of the best, but until you see that line coming and that stadium full packed all bets are off. Believe me every organization has learned from the latest drama at Green Bay and will most likely not want to be in that position at all. I firmly believe that this veteran status is better served as seen as just that w/no expectations or additional incentives. They all play and they all get paid. A td is a td, and a fumble is a fumble no matter who's involved. They've generated these unwritten rules and now they've come home to roost. The kids will be ok. If Romo hadn't of left the Packers he now would of been the Aaron Rodgers of Green Bay. We're all going to see by the end of the season how everything plays out. It's going to play out exactly how it should.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Are YOU ready for some football?!! 2 weeks from today Giants vs. Skins, can't wait.

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

IM READY!!!

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

<<< I'm ready 2. Let the games begin.

Comment

• Gary D
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

I was ready for more football the day after the super bowl.

Who likes the pro bowl? A bunch of superstaregos with no team unity!
                    Gary D

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

They've been debating for a while now about scrapping it or hosting it mid-season. Very different from All-Star game as one could really get hurt n have their season scrapped or worse.

Sad about Gene Upshaw. I didn't know his resume and how good of a player he was.

p.s. ok guys. 1 hour b4 tomorrow's game. don't 4get and good luck to all. i have a feeling it's going to be a great season.
                      Last edited by dr_ml422; 4 Sep 2008, 02:39 PM. Reason: NFL season is finally here.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

sloppy win for the g-men. i'll take it and got to get it through my head that as long as the kid gets it done it's fine. not going to b a numbers guy like peyton n brady, but wouldn't surprise me if he gets another ring under his belt. or more.

Comment

• Dan
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

Still a win like you said, glad they didn't lose the first game or that's all we would hear about,lol.

Don't forget to make picks everyone, a few missed out on the Giants - Skins game.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Yeah i know what you mean prepare for the outcome of the jets/miami game. it'll give more than nuff to hear about. lol...

Ok guys. Spygate has come home to roost. Anyone going to really miss Brady. Hope he gets well, but no love lost. I could imagine just how many teams wanted a piece of him after that whole scandal. Especially those 3 teams they beat by 3 points. Guess they couldn't read the defense today.
                            Last edited by dr_ml422; 8 Sep 2008, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• josie
                              • Aug 2006

GO BRONCOS !!!

Great first week everyone!
                              Josie

Comment

• Dan
                                Digital Video Master
                                Digital Video Master
                                • Dec 2005

I might not miss Brady but it's a damn shame to see one of the best gone out like that. Gonna make the AFC East very interesting anyway.

Congrats on the tie breaker Josie, and great picks by everyone in week 1.

Comment

Working...