X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

So what are you guys putting your money on ... Steelers or Cardinals?

G!

Comment

• uufta
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

Its great to hear from you BR7 !!! We were worried

Thanks for another great year of running the show jm, and thanks josie for the Kudo's, looks like I am the pickle in the middle in the "second" season race....but I will venture out on that creaking, frozen and pathetic limb again, and just maybe I can squeak by you two on the top.

SB picks

Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5 Arizona Sorry BR7
      Will the total score be over or under 46.5 points ..Over
      Coin Toss - Heads or Tails ..Tails
      Team to win the coin toss ..Steelers
      Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game ..Arizona

Team to score first in the game ..Arizona
      Team to score last in the game ..Steelers
      Will the team that scores first win the game ..Yes
      Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety ..FG
      Will the team that scores last win the game ..No

Team with first penalty ..Steelers
      Team with first Coach's Challenge ..Steelers
      Team with first regular time out ..Arizona
      Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half ..No
      Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half ..Yes
      Will there be overtime? ..No
      Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) ..Arizona..58yds
      Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) ..Arizona..38yds
      Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) ..Steelers..44yds
      Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) ..Arizona..45yds

Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) ..Steelers..49yds
      Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) ..Steelers..40yds

Best of luck to all of you, now what are we gonna do with ourselves on Sundays??

CYA
      Greg
      Last edited by uufta; 1 Feb 2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

BR7 - Long time, no see! Hope all is well, we missed you !!! And them damn Steelers are on their way again! LOL Some people have all the luck!
        It's great being a fan at these times LOL. In the Steeler/Kordell era ,I was thinking the same thing as you

Its great to hear from you BR7 !!! We were worried
        Thanks All is well,I been busy with overtime,so I missed a few picks and bowed out for the year. Then I stayed away from the site for a bit.I guess I was having my own little protest

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422

@Josie You forgot to say whether the final score was going to be over or under.
          Hey dr good eye !!!! I missed that one

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Thnx jm and thnx very much for keeping this pool afloat all season. I'm battling a stubborn cold, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be watching the SB. Lets just all pray they let both these teams do their thing. My prediction is that if Arizona builds a good enough lead, not only in the 1st 1/2, but towards the end they will win. I don't see much hurry up offense from the Steelers to try and catch up. Maybe a trick play or 2, and the hope of a fumble recovery, but I'm almost sure Wisenhunt and his staff have gone through all this.

Good luck guys. Seems per the picks we might be looking at some tie breaking if Arizona takes it.
            SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• NightTran
              King of Digital Video
              King of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5: Steelers
              The total score will be over 46.5 points
              Coin Toss - Tails
              Team to win the coin toss Arizona
              Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game:Arizona

Team to score first in the game Arizona
              Team to score last in the game Steelers
              Will the team that scores first win the game No
              Will the first score of the game be a TD
              Will the team that scores last win the game Yes

Team with first penalty Arizona
              Team with first Coach's Challenge Steelers
              Team with first regular time out Steelers
              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half Yes
              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half Yes

Will there be overtime? No
              Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) Steelers 70 yards
              Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) Steelers 40 yards
              Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) Arizona 45
              Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) Steelers 55

Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) Steelers 60
              Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) Steelers 40
              sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Man ... Cardinals gave the Game away ... boooo!

I never watch Super Bowl ... but I kind of watched this one ... not a bad game ... but if I was the Owner of Cardinals ... "Heads would Roll".

G!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Very Sad

Originally Posted by gonwk
                  Man ... Cardinals gave the Game away ... boooo!

I never watch Super Bowl ... but I kind of watched this one ... not a bad game ... but if I was the Owner of Cardinals ... "Heads would Roll".

G!
                  On a Silver Platter. Lil show there to make it look good at the end. I don't think anyone can tell me why Arizona's 3 WR's were mia until the last 4mins.

Hey it's $$$. I can't stand it. But I have bigger fish to fry w/these sad Yankees now in about 10 days.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Congrats to the Steelers , BR07 hasta be a happy man !!!!!

Here is what I came up with for the 22 SB picks, If I made any boo boos let me know. The SB gamebook from NFL.com is attached.

SB pick Game results

Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5 Arizona
                    Will the total score be over or under 46.5 points Over 50
                    Coin Toss - Heads or Tails Heads
                    Team to win the coin toss Arizona
                    Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game Pittsburgh

Team to score first in the game Pittsburgh
                    Team to score last in the game Pittsburgh
                    Will the team that scores first win the game Yes
                    Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety FG
                    Will the team that scores last win the game Yes

Team with first penalty Arizona
                    1st Qtr 1-10-ARZ 37 (8:24) T.Hightower left end to ARZ 39 for 2 yards (I.Taylor, J.Farrior).
                    PENALTY on ARZ-M.Gandy, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at ARZ 37 - No Play.

Team with first Coach's Challenge Arizona
                    1st Qtr 3-1-ARZ 1 (10:11) B.Roethlisberger scrambles right end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.
                    Arizona challenged the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED.

Team with first regular time out Pittsburgh
                    2nd Qtr 2-5-ARZ 5 (15:00) B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to H.Miller to ARZ 1 for 4 yards (G.Hayes, K.Dansby).
                    Timeout #1 by PIT at 14:09.

Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half Yes
                    Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half Yes

Will there be overtime? No
                    Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) Arizona 64 yards
                    4th Qtr 2-10-ARZ 36 (2:47) (Shotgun) K.Warner pass short middle to L.Fitzgerald for 64 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) Pittsburgh 15 yards
                    Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) Pittsburgh 21 yards
                    Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) Pittsburgh 49 yards

Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) Pittsburgh 24 yards
                    Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) Arizona 34 yards

I'm gonna tally everything up, probably tonight to see who got what. We already have uufta as the regular season champ. Gonna come up with a playoff champ and a overall champ
                    Attached Files

Comment

• BR7
                      He is coming to your little town!
                      • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by jm1647
                      Congrats to the Steelers , BR07 hasta be a happy man !!!!!
                      That he is The Clamato beers went down nicely that night.

I will admit that I did some excessive nail biting in the 4th quarter

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• josie
                        • Aug 2006

Kudos!

BR7 - What a game!!! Glad your team went all the way!
                        Thanks for all the reminders guys on the tiebreakers I missed or messed up on! Sorry I didn't see them in time to correct them. Need better concentration or reading skills or both! LOL

jm - I don't think we can thank you enough for all you do in this! I do know I love when football season comes around and matching my wits against you all!
                        Josie

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by josie
                          Thanks for all the reminders guys on the tiebreakers I missed or messed up on! Sorry I didn't see them in time to correct them. Need better concentration or reading skills or both! LOL

jm - I don't think we can thank you enough for all you do in this! I do know I love when football season comes around and matching my wits against you all!
                          josie - It's fun for me too
                          Even with them boo boos ya still got the most right for the SB picks

josie 14
                          0 Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5 Steelers
                          0 Will the total score be over or under 46.5 points Yes
                          1 Coin Toss - Heads or Tails Heads
                          0 Team to win the coin toss Steelers
                          1 Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game Steelers

1 Team to score first in the game Steelers
                          1 Team to score last in the game Steelers
                          1 Will the team that scores first win the game Yes
                          1 Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety FG
                          1 Will the team that scores last win the game Yes

1 Team with first penalty Arizona
                          1 Team with first Coach's Challenge Arizona
                          0 Team with first regular time out Arizona
                          0 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half No
                          1 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half Yes

1 Will there be overtime? No
                          0 Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) Steelers
                          1 Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) Steelers
                          1 Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) Steelers/ 51 yds
                          0 Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) Arizona/ 40 yds

1 Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) Steelers/ 60 yds
                          0 Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) Steelers/ 40 yds

jm1647 12
                          1 Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5 Arizona
                          1 Will the total score be over or under 46.5 points Over
                          1 Coin Toss - Heads or Tails Heads
                          1 Team to win the coin toss Arizona
                          0 Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game Arizona

0 Team to score first in the game Arizona
                          0 Team to score last in the game Arizona
                          1 Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety FG

0 Team with first penalty Steelers
                          1 Team with first Coach's Challenge Arizona
                          1 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half Yes
                          0 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half No

1 Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) Arizona 60 yards
                          0 Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) Arizona 22 yards
                          0 Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) Arizona 43 yards
                          0 Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) Arizona 50 yards

0 Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) Arizona 32 yards
                          1 Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) Arizona 35 yards

NightTran 12
                          0 Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5: Steelers
                          1 The total score will be over 46.5 points
                          0 Coin Toss - Tails
                          0 Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game:Arizona

1 Team to score last in the game Steelers
                          0 Will the team that scores first win the game No
                          0 Will the first score of the game be a TD

1 Team with first penalty Arizona
                          0 Team with first Coach's Challenge Steelers
                          1 Team with first regular time out Steelers
                          1 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half Yes
                          1 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half Yes

0 Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) Steelers 70 yards
                          1 Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) Steelers 40 yards
                          0 Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) Arizona 45
                          1 Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) Steelers 55

1 Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) Steelers 60
                          0 Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) Steelers 40

uufta 11
                          1 Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5 Arizona Sorry BR7
                          1 Will the total score be over or under 46.5 points ..Over
                          1 Coin Toss - Heads or Tails ..Tails
                          0 Team to win the coin toss ..Steelers
                          0 Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game ..Arizona

0 Team to score first in the game ..Arizona
                          1 Team to score last in the game ..Steelers
                          1 Will the team that scores first win the game ..Yes
                          1 Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety ..FG
                          0 Will the team that scores last win the game ..No

0 Team with first penalty ..Steelers
                          0 Team with first Coach's Challenge ..Steelers
                          0 Team with first regular time out ..Arizona
                          0 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half ..No
                          1 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half ..Yes

1 Will there be overtime? ..No
                          1 Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) ..Arizona..58yds
                          0 Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) ..Arizona..38yds
                          1 Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) ..Steelers..44yds
                          0 Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) ..Arizona..45yds

1 Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) ..Steelers..49yds
                          0 Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) ..Steelers..40yds

dr ml422 9
                          1 Winner Of Game with point spread of Steelers -6.5Arizona
                          1 Will the total score be over or under 46.5 points Over
                          0 Coin Toss - Heads or Tails Tails
                          0 Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game Arizona

0 Team to score last in the game Arizona
                          0 Will the first score of the game be, a TD, FG or Safety TD

0 Team with first penalty Steelers
                          0 Team with first Coach's Challenge Steelers
                          0 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half No
                          0 Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half No

1 Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) Arizona 48 yards
                          0 Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) Arizona 22 yards
                          0 Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) Arizona 54 yards
                          1 Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) Arizona 48 yards

1 Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) Steelers 36 yards
                          0 Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) Steelers 28 yards

Still gotta tally up the other stuff

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Great job Jm

Yes you did a helluva job holding it down all season. Man it went so fast. Can't wait till this year. Thought I did worse on the picks, but being they're different then the regular season picks anyone could of faired well. Congrats to Josie, you, NightTran, and uufta on the SB picks.

Comment

• josie
                              • Aug 2006

Who'd of thunk it!

jm - Wow, I can't believe I got the most SB picks, but I'll take them!

dr - Thanx. I too look forward to this fall! What a long winter we have to get thru!
                              Josie

Comment

• dr_ml422
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • May 2007

Very long indeed. Damn near over a month w/freezing temps here. I know it's winter, but I think me not being 15 anymore has a lot to do w/feeling it harder. Lol...

Comment

Working...