Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

Just Shoot Me!!!

Comment

• jm1647
      An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
      • Apr 2005

We had a tie for this weeks winner with Dan and dr going into the SNF game - going to the MNF score tie breaker this week- Good Luck to you both

Dan is at the top all by himself with a 2 pick lead Nice going with the Steeler pick - Big Ben 503 yds wooooooooooow and what a catch for a TD at the end.

dr - nice picking with ATL and CLE - The Giant Redskin game should be a good one to watch. With Jerry's Boys I'm giving credit where credit is due. I do root for pther NFC East teams except when they play the Eagles. I picked the Giants tonight but wouldn't be suprised if the Skins win it the way the games have been going this week. The teams that don't stand a snowballs chance in hell usually play their butts off to keep the other team home during the playoffs too.

uufta - Hang in there 2 more weeks left in the regular season and who knows which way that pointy ball is gonna go.

josie - I can't wait to hear the ovation the crowd at the Linc is gonna give B Dawk and Buck. They both deserve it!

As another crazy week in the NFL is coming to a close, the weather here went nuts too, we got about 22 inches of snow Saturday. The crew at the LInc did a hell of a job getting the place ready for the SF game. Them steam pipes under the turf sure came in handy. Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays to all

Comment

• Dan
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

Wow! What a wild week, and wild picks. Good job dr with the upset picks, almost got them all!

jm, I had to go with the Steelers at home, thought they would play tough, but what a game though!

Don't know how I got the lead but it will be tough to keep it the way these games are going. Good luck next week all, can't wait for the playoffs to start!

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Redskins are done. G-Men schizo again is plain and simply whooping their butt. Too much/too little too late. I don't know right now about the standings in the NFC East and if the G-Men even have a chance. I just hope they play their butts off, and win to at least carry some of that into next season hopefully.

NO already has been said to be exposed. Lets see.

Thnx Dan, Jm and the rest. I did see some upsets coming. I missed out on the Cincy game by a point or so. Just 2 upsets more I would of had a very good week. Steelers coming back was unforeseen, especially by the way they've played this year. I did not think Tampa would win. That's the NFL for you.

The playoffs will be sweet this year to pick. Good luck to all.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by dr_ml422 View Post
            ...Too much/too little too late. I don't know right now about the standings in the NFC East and if the G-Men even have a chance. I just hope they play their butts off, and win to at least carry some of that into next season hopefully...
            Your G-Men ain't out of it yet and it ain't over 'til its over. Keep the faith.

Playoff Race http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Tie Breakers http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

And to you dr on winning this week with the MNF score tie breaker. And again nice work to you and Dan who were the only 2 to get double digit picks right this week

Good Luck to all this week

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

My upsets finally paid off here. Thnx for the compliments as always. I just heard the news on the G-Men's chances. I'll read the links soon here. They must win every game now.

Imagine if D'Boys go all the way? NoWhat a after all that bashing.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                ...Imagine if D'Boys go all the way? NoWhat a after all that bashing.
                The NFC East Division Title and Playoff picture - Like Arte Johnson from Laugh In usta say "Very Interesting" And Arsenio Hall usta say "Things that make you say hmmm"

below is from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ants.redskins/

5. Lucky, lucky us. The NFC East race and the conference's wild-card battle is going the distance this year. At one point recently, I thought the plucky Redskins would have a say in deciding who from the NFC East was going to make the playoffs, given that Washington played host to the Giants and Cowboys in Weeks 15-16. But after watching the Redskins Monday night, you can give Dallas its 10th win next Sunday night at FedEx Field and forget Washington as a last-place power broker in the division.

Next week, the Giants will beat Carolina in what likely will be their emotional last game in Giants Stadium, the Cowboys will win at Washington, and the Eagles will hold serve at home against Denver. That means it'll come down to Week 17, and the outcome of two games:

In Minnesota, the Giants will close out the regular season for a second consecutive year at the Metrodome. Only this time, it'll probably be the Vikings who have little to play for and opting to rest many of their starters -- the exact opposite scenario that prevailed in last year's Giants-Vikings finale. So we'll give New York the win, and that will put it all on the outcome of Eagles at Cowboys game -- which could end up being moved into the Sunday night slot.

If Philly wins that one, they'll take the division title at 12-4, eliminate Dallas from the playoff field, and hand the wild-card berth to 10-6 New York. If Dallas is victorious, it wins the division at 11-5 based on sweeping the Eagles this season, and sends 10-6 New York home to ponder the what-ifs. Philly would be left to console itself with the wild card slot.

And yes, I know Green Bay (9-5) factors into the NFC wild-card race as well and could still falter enough to allow the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants to all make the playoff field. But why spoil the fun in the NFC East with that scenario? Let's just hope the three-team race in the East delivers the final week drama that seems destined to unfold.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Great job Jm on keeping up w/the playoff picture in the NFC east. I just bookmarked SI.com. Go Eagles. That's all I have to say. I didn't know Dallas swept the Eagles this season. Crazy as the g-Men swept Dallas, and Philly just about killed us. something's gotta give, because I don't think Philly wants the Wild Card. Forget about Green Bay is right. Anything can happen there. It's going to be very interesting further down the stretch when NO faces one of the Big 3 in Dallas, G-Men, or Philly if it comes down to that.

Afc I see Indy handling business, then again anything's possible. I do feel Patriots are done as automatic. Steelers are a mess, forget about the Jets, and San Diego might make some noise but the Jury's still out until they snatch the Big Game. Denver I have no idea what's their status.

Take 1st, and get it over w/J. It's time. There's no tomorrow like my friend used to say.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

dr - Dallas beat us at the Linc on 11-8-09. We still have to play them for the 2nd time in Dallas on 1-3-10

Eagles up 13-10 going into the 4th qtr. Not one of McNabbs/Eagles best days this year
                    D.McNabb 16-30 227yds 2 interceptions Sacked 4 times QB rating of 61.4
                    The Dallas D was on fire! For us Eagles fans this game was a heart breaker

Dallas Cowboys continued.
                    4th Quarter
                    3-5-PHI 15 (15:00) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass incomplete short right to R.Williams (S.Brown).
                    4-5-PHI 15 (14:56) N.Folk 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-M.McBriar.
                    DAL 13 PHI 13, 5 plays, 27 yards, 2:08 drive, 0:08 elapsed
                    D.Buehler kicks 57 yards from DAL 30 to PHI 13. E.Hobbs to PHI 25 for 12 yards (D.Buehler).
                    Philadelphia Eagles at 14:52, (1st play from scrimmage 14:46)
                    1-10-PHI 25 (14:46) L.Weaver right tackle to PHI 28 for 3 yards (G.Sensabaugh).
                    2-7-PHI 28 (14:08) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete short right to L.Weaver.
                    PENALTY on DAL-M.Jenkins, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 28 - No Play. X13
                    1-10-PHI 33 (14:03) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete short middle to D.Jackson.
                    2-10-PHI 33 (13:57) L.McCoy right end to PHI 36 for 3 yards (B.Carpenter).
                    Timeout #2 by DAL at 13:18.
                    3-7-PHI 36 (13:18) (Shotgun) PENALTY on PHI-W.Justice, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 36 - No Play.
                    3-12-PHI 31 (13:18) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short right to J.Maclin to PHI 46 for 15 yards (T.Newman). P14
                    1-10-PHI 46 (12:43) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short left to D.Jackson to DAL 45 for 9 yards (M.Jenkins).
                    2-1-DAL 45 (12:05) L.McCoy right end to DAL 45 for no gain (A.Spencer).
                    3-1-DAL 45 (11:26) L.McCoy left tackle to DAL 45 for no gain (B.James).
                    4-1-DAL 45 (11:01) D.McNabb up the middle to DAL 45 for no gain (M.Spears).
                    Philadelphia challenged the first down ruling, and the play was Upheld. (Timeout #3 at 10:49.)
                    Dallas Cowboys at 10:49

3 plays and couldn't get a yard In the replay it looked like McNabb made it sliding on top of the pile but his left arm could not been seen to see if it touched the ground or not. Not enuff to overturn

1-10-DAL 45 (10:49) (Shotgun) M.Barber right tackle to PHI 45 for 10 yards (A.Jordan). R15
                    1-10-PHI 45 (10:14) M.Barber up the middle to PHI 37 for 8 yards (Q.Mikell).
                    PENALTY on DAL-A.Gurode, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at PHI 45 - No Play.
                    1-20-DAL 45 (9:42) (Shotgun) M.Barber right tackle to DAL 41 for -4 yards (W.Witherspoon).
                    2-24-DAL 41 (8:59) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to P.Crayton to PHI 49 for 10 yards (J.Hanson).
                    3-14-PHI 49 (8:13) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass deep left to M.Austin for 49 yards, TOUCHDOWN. P16
                    N.Folk extra point is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-M.McBriar.

Arrrgh!!!!!!!!!!! 3rd and 14 and Romo hits Austin for a 49 yard TD
                    DAL 20 PHI 13, 4 plays, 55 yards, 2:45 drive, 6:56 elapsed

D.Buehler kicks 62 yards from DAL 30 to PHI 8. J.Maclin pushed ob at PHI 36 for 28 yards (D.Buehler).
                    Philadelphia Eagles at 8:04, (1st play from scrimmage 7:57)
                    1-10-PHI 36 (7:57) (Shotgun) D.McNabb sacked at PHI 35 for -1 yards (J.Hatcher).
                    PENALTY on DAL-K.Brooking, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 36 - No Play. X15
                    1-10-PHI 41 (7:42) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short right to L.McCoy to PHI 48 for 7 yards (T.Newman).
                    2-3-PHI 48 (7:05) L.McCoy up the middle to 50 for 2 yards (B.James).
                    3-1-50 (6:40) L.Weaver up the middle to DAL 47 for 3 yards (J.Ratliff). R16
                    1-10-DAL 47 (5:59) D.McNabb pass short left to J.Maclin to DAL 33 for 14 yards (B.James). P17
                    1-10-DAL 33 (5:29) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete short right to B.Celek.
                    2-10-DAL 33 (5:24) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete short right to L.McCoy.
                    3-10-DAL 33 (5:19) (Shotgun) D.McNabb sacked at DAL 34 for -1 yards (V.Butler).

Like I said not one of McNabbs better days Reid goes for the FG

4-11-DAL 34 (4:33) D.Akers 52 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Dorenbos, Holder-S.Rocca.
                    DAL 20 PHI 16, 8 plays, 30 yards, 1 penalty, 3:37 drive, 10:33 elapsed
                    D.Akers kicks 69 yards from PHI 30 to DAL 1. F.Jones to DAL 23 for 22 yards (J.Trotter).
                    Dallas Cowboys at 4:27, (1st play from scrimmage 3:33)
                    1-10-DAL 23 (3:33) M.Barber left tackle to DAL 39 for 16 yards (S.Brown). R17
                    1-10-DAL 39 (3:03) M.Barber left tackle to DAL 45 for 6 yards (M.Patterson).
                    2-4-DAL 45 (2:47) M.Barber left end to DAL 46 for 1 yard (T.White).
                    3-3-DAL 46 (2:02) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short left to J.Witten to PHI 49 for 5 yards (Q.Mikell). P18
                    Two-Minute Warning
                    1-10-PHI 49 (1:58) T.Romo kneels to 50 for -1 yards.
                    2-11-50 (1:16) T.Romo kneels to DAL 49 for -1 yards.
                    3-12-DAL 49 (:33) T.Romo kneels to DAL 48 for -1 yards.
                    END OF QUARTER and game

The division title for the Eagles would be nice but any chance to play in the SB is nice too. Wildcards have won out to the SB. Oakland did it to the Eagles in SB XV

It would be something if the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys all make the playoffs. Here's to the NFC East

Comment

• uufta
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Dec 2005

Happy Holidays Everyone

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Happy Holidays as well to all.

On the 1st day of X-mas my G-men gave to me, another SB win. Lol... Anything can happen. God Bless America.

I went for one of my upsets, and picked Tennesse over San Diego. It's fun so why not.

G-Men pitiful. Period. End of sentence. Turned off the set. Going to enjoy this crazy erratic NYC weather. 50's today after almost a whole week of below freezing.

Pull out Manning against the lowly Jets? Screwed us all out of a pick. Miami lost, and so far NO is "Who we thought they were." I smell a crazy outcome for the playoffs. Beware Dallas don't run the table from here on end.

J, send the Eagles a text, and remind them there is no tomorrow. At this point I have no idea who to run with as a SB winner. I'll see who actually makes it in the NFC and take it from there.

@ Uufta You just might edge us all out in the end. You did great this week. Hopefully the Vikings win Monday to solidify your standing. The Dallas game, and Josie's higher MNF total might be the determining factor though.
                        Last edited by dr_ml422; 28 Dec 2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

to josie for your 4th weekly win by winning week 16 by the MNF score tie breaker to break a tie with uufta with 11 picks right each

uufta nice picking this week your tied with Dan again for 1st overall with 161 picks right

Dan - your still in 1st place but you got company in 1st place with uufta and I'm a game behind

dr - sorry the with the Giants but the Eagles still need them to win their last game to get a first round bye if the Eagles beat Dallas. Go Giants and Eagles!!

The NFC playoff teams are all set but the NFC East is still up for grabs by the Eagles or Dallas. And a first round bye is up for the Eagles, Dallas and Vikings.

The AFC Division winners are all set but the 2 wildcards are still up for grabs by 7 teams going into week 17

See the playoff scenarios here

We'll find out who is the pools regular season overall winner but we have a possibility of a tie which I never thought would happen over a 17 week season and the pool site doesn't have a tie breaker I don't think for overall regular season winner

Good Luck to all this week
                          Last edited by jm1647; 29 Dec 2009, 07:03 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Take the tie into the Office Pool playoffs if needed?

Hi J and to all as well. Have a good one w/much health and happiness.

If you'd like, and the others don't mind, take the tie breaker into the playoffs. It won't have to go through the end, just until someone loses the 1st game, and then you can still count all the playoff games for the office pool along w/the SB for that winner.

Sounds pretty reasonable. That way we'll have a winner for DVF here, and one for the whole playoffs as well. Just a thought.

Anything to help the Boys go home I'm in. I must admit though if those Cowboys make it to the SB, and I'm not feeling the other AFC team, I will go for them most likely. I don't hate them, I'm just a G-Men Fan.

Heads better roll in the off-season w/this poor display this year w/the Giants. Something's not right.

Had a cold one last night. Take some w/e away.

Wish the Eagles were playing here in the East against the Boys. The weather looks like it's going to be crazy freezing, and that would definitely play a roll in the game.

Comment

• uufta
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Dec 2005

Congrats Josie

We still have one awful week of picking to go, I doubt we will still have a tie after after this one, we have no clue who is going to come to WIN THE GAME!! Vikes came alive, but a little late again, damn deja-vu

Happy new year everyone

Greg

Comment

• josie
                                • Aug 2006

Thanks Greg and John =)

Hope everyone had a wonderful time for Christmas with family and friends. I got to go to Colorado and also help my Grandmother celebrate her 90th.

Here's wishing everyone a great New Year. My wish for you all is to be able to achieve all that you need to and some of what you want to. lol

Goodluck to all for the last week of the regular season. Too bad my Broncos didn't show up for the first half of last weeks game. Then they'd be in charge of their own destiny instead of a the mercy of others deciding their fate.
                                Josie

Comment

Working...