X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Good luck everyone on the final week. Hard to say who will win and who will play or rest the starters for the playoffs.

I think it will be nice to get this week over and start the playoffs already!

Have a great New Years everyone!

Comment

• uufta
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

so sorry about your Iggles jm now the Vikes get to take a nap, hope they wake up on time...LOL

Looks like me and you Dan great job!!!! who would of thunk it!! tied for two weeks. I guess dr predicted it after all. Good luck tonight with the tie breaker.

Greg

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Dan, right on the button, great season everyone..

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Wow, Cincy stayed home

I just erased all I wrote because of a pop up. great year to all. I said it would be a tie. Cincy never left their rooms tonite? I had some good upsets today. Only thing messed some of us up was the unpredictable who was going to rest bit.

Steelers are out. Bye Bye. Detroit won 2 more games than last year? The Rams are finished. Redskins have rebuild mode coming. Good Luck Shannahan. The G-Women tanked the season 5 games ago. Heads need to roll there, and in Chicago as well. KC is lost. Patriots Era is finished, and I predict Brady calling it a day soon here.

Congrats to all, and to Dan for this year's win. J., sorry as well for da Boys, but their on a roll. I don't know who I'm going for the whole thing. I think I'll wait until SB and see which NFC team gets in.

I forgot the Jets/Cincy game was tonite. I was so used to the MNF tie breaker. Lol... Now it's Playoffs time. Hmmm.

Oh, and Miami is about 2 yrs. away from getting to prime time.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

Thanks guys, nice to win another week finally. Lucky on the tie breaker.

Looks like uufta and I tied overall, congrats uufta great season!

It was a fun season, playoffs should be a wild ride. 3 of 4 matchups are a repeat of Sunday games, although some teams didn't even show up yesterday.

I'm with you dr, not sure who can make a run all the way. I can see anyone taking the NFC, now that Dallas woke up and the Packers are playing like the Packers from the 90's.

I think the G-Men need to shake it up big time, bring Spagnoala back! I watched the Dolphins win and lose some tough games, they can hang in there with some of the best, and that's after losing Ronnie Brown. Could see them being good for a few years.

Now bring on the playoffs!

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

The guy at the print shop made some kind of sense. He feels San Diego and Dallas in the SB. Which is not out of the question. I asked if Indy dissapeared, he said no team has lost last 2 and won SB. NO lost last 3. I'm not sure about past stats. No team went 18-0 either and won/lost SB. Lol...

It's going to be interesting. Maybe by the final round I'd made my mind up, but it's looking tough to decide as of now. Cincy could of been playing dead, and kill The Jets this week. Who knows. Off to the Playoffs like you said Dan.

Where's Jm? Hope he's around. J come back. Philly isn't out yet. Doesn't look too good, but they're still in. Man, what losing your job will do to a coach. Wayne has to at the minimum win a playoff game for Da'Boys.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                ...Where's Jm? Hope he's around. J come back. Philly isn't out yet. Doesn't look too good, but they're still in. ...
                Been a crazy week or so but I'm still here Thought I posted this before but musta only hit preview and didn't post it. People under the influence should stay away from 'puters

Well the Cowboys really did a job on the Eagles in week 17, the 20-16 win in November shoulda woke the Eagles up but it didn't. The Cowboys played great on all sides of the ball and it looked like the Eagles didn't want the NFC East title the way they played.

to the Cowboys for winning the NFC East. This weekend coming we'll find out if the Eagles want it bad enuff to beat the Cowboys in the Wildcard game. The NFC East title woulda been nice but the road to the SB ain't closed yet, I'm still keeping the faith until it is all over. Wild cards have won the SB in the past and who knows it could happen again this year.

We all knew week 17 was going to be a crazy one to pick winners in, but Dan and uufta did a great job each having 12 picks right and dr did a good job and had 10 picks right. Nice picking to the 3 of you!

Congrats to Dan on winning week 17 by nailing the tiebreaker score to win the week over uufta

Well it looks like we wound up with a tie for the 1st time in 5 years in the pool with a tie between uufta and Dan in overall correct picks. In the pool the number of overall correct picks would normally be the winner. The site tracks ties so no extra work We usually call a winner for the regular season, the playoffs, the SB proposition picks and combining picks from the regular season, the playoffs, and the SB proposition bets totaled up.

But now with a tie should the number of weekly wins should come into play? How does this sound to break a tie with overall correct picks?

1. first use the total number of weekly wins without a tie breaker
                2. if still tied then add the number of weekly wins won by a tie breaker for the total of each person
                3. if still tied, tally the margin of victory over who is tied. For example if 2 or more people had the same total of correct picks and had a total of 4 weekly wins each, with 1 having 4 weekly wins with a total of 49 correct and another person had 48 correct, another with 47 then the person with 49 wins in the 4 weekly wins would win the year.

We could just leave this year as a tie and use the tie breaking procedures in the future. I shoulda thunk about this before

Either way congrats to both uufta and Dan on a great year
                And uufta's Vikings won their division and look like they are on a roll again

Attached are the 2009 regular season final standings....what a year Nice work to all
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jm1647; 5 Jan 2010, 12:13 PM. Reason: added pool regular season final standings for 2009

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Great job J. as always

Thanks for keeping this together again this year. I had some real good fun this time around, and the overall standings were awesome. Posted my picks already for the playoffs. Those games also this week are a bit unpredictable. It's for fun.

P.S. I got Cincy again this time also. I don't think they will sleep this week.

Comment

• uufta
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Dec 2005

dr_ml422, are you sure you made your picks at office-pool?? when I made mine it showed nobody else had yet, maybe I am screwing up!!

John? can you check to see if my picks are up? and just for kicks, who won the part of office pool that we did play? I dont think I ever learned how to find out how to check on final standings for the week or standings overall.

And finally, leaving things as they are is just fine, Dan is a great person and an honor to be tied with...no need to make a fuss.

Greg

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

Very nice of you uuftu, my feelings exactly. We all had a fun year and it turned out a tie so I say we are co- winners this year. Any tie breaker rules are fine by me for future pools, but I think we can share this trophy,lol.

BTW....thanks for the reminder about playoff picks and office pools. Good luck all!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Originally Posted by uufta
                        dr_ml422, are you sure you made your picks at office-pool?? when I made mine it showed nobody else had yet, maybe I am screwing up!!

John? can you check to see if my picks are up? and just for kicks, who won the part of office pool that we did play? I dont think I ever learned how to find out how to check on final standings for the week or standings overall.

And finally, leaving things as they are is just fine, Dan is a great person and an honor to be tied with...no need to make a fuss.

Greg
                        Yes I made them. Maybe we can't see each other's picks until game day. We couldn't see ours in the DVF Pool. Just xxx's on the other members' boxes. Come game day though then we could see who picked what. I'll check again make sure though.

Uufta my picks are in. Go to Picks on top and hit change picks. It'll show you're picks if you made them correctly, and if you did then you could just close the window or change them. Green Bay/Arizona Game is the tiebreaker.
                        Last edited by dr_ml422; 6 Jan 2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• josie
                          • Aug 2006

to Dan and Greg for the regular season trophy! Well done guys!

John - Thanks for keeping track of all of us! xx I picked your "birds" just for you. Plus, I hate Dallas!! lol

Good luck everyone in the playoff picks!
                          Josie

Comment

• Dan
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Dec 2005

Thanks josie!

Anyone else having problems accessing the office-pools site this morning?

Can't seem to load it at all, I hope it didn't crash. Wanted to verify my picks and maybe change one.

I just hope everyone got their picks in, in case there is a problem. Good Luck to all this weekend, I'm sure we're in for some surprises as always.

Comment

• Dan
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Dec 2005

Cancel that, maybe they were doing maintenance, all good now.

Comment

• jm1647
                                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                                • Apr 2005

OK no tie breaker for the regular season pool with overall picks this year but we'll use them next year to come out with a single overall regular season winner. So again congrats to Dan and uufta for coming out on top of the regular season pool in an overall tie in the number of correct picks

Dan - the OP site was inaccessible a couple times for me too, don't know why

What a Wild Card weekend, Dallas again humiliated the Eagles for the 2nd time in 6 days. I had said the road for the Eagles to the SB was still open but the Cowboys in these last 2 games made the Eagles road to the SB look like the Highway Of Death thingie in Iraq. The Eagles were just totally outplayed on both sides of the ball both games, giving up over 400 yards of total offense in each game, about 175/150 yards rushing in the 2 games and over 200 yards passing in the games. McNabb mentioned that the Eagles youth showed in the WK17 game, ahhhhhhhh the Cowboys are about a year younger! As an Eagles fan this year to be beat by Dallas 3X's total and being completely humiliated in 2 of 'em, made me bleed green all over the place. Again to the Cowboys they are back. So from here on out I'm rootin' for the only NFC East team left, so go Cowboys!!!

Overall including the WC weekend the Eagles went 11-6, not bad, but wound up 0-5 total with playoff teams, We lost to the Chargers, the Saints and the Cowboys 3 times. Tells me something about the Eagles, we got some work to do. The 2010 schedule looks like this:

Home Away
                                GB CHI
                                MIN DET
                                HOU JAX
                                IND TEN
                                NO ARI
                                and we have the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys to play 2x each also. Looks like next year ain't going to be a piece of cake.

We had a 3 way tie for the WC weekend, Dan, dr and uufta each had 2 picks right, neither picked Arizona to win but dr wins the wild card weekend by the total score tie breaker by being closest by having 55 as the total score. I was totally out of the running with only 1 pick right with Arizona.

So in the event of a tie overall pick score for the playoffs should we just determine an overall winner by correct picks or also consider the weekly wins? The OP site lets ya tweak total correct picks that would show up in () to show extra points given for a weekly win by tie breaker. This would show dr score as 3(1) for this weekend with 1 being given for the weekly win by tie breaker. The OP site looks good with the tweaking thing to separate an overall winner, we could also award a point for picking a winner if an underdog or something. Either way this year lemme know which way we should go

Good Luck to everybody this coming week

Comment

Working...