X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Now that truly was a WILD Card Weekend, wow! I though the upsets by the Jets and Ravens were something....until I watched the Packers and Cardinals play area football,lol.

They combine for 96 points and it ends on a defensive TD, that was something else. Looks like the Cardinals are gonna try to make another run for the SB, but I can see anyone winning the NFC at this point.

jm I think the Eagles just ran into a smoking hot team, and they just didn't seem the same as they were a month ago. Next years schedule looks brutal, only CHI and DET look easy, the rest are all good teams, even the Skins now that Shanahan is on board.

Congrats on the tie breaker win dr, nice job taking the Ravens, you said the Pats were done weeks ago, boy were you right!

Good luck this weekend everyone, I see more upsets coming.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Thanks Dan, I haven't checked the Officepool standings yet. Yes, The Pats are finished. Now you'll see cry baby Brady and Moss act up. Brady will retire soon here. No more left in him, and I really think he's hurt. Never will be the same. Moss is Moss. Doesn't get candy bar so whines. Ravens put it on them, and they deserved it. No one forgot about that spygate, especially Ray Lewis.

That Packers/Arizona game was insane. I like Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. I always hated those uniforms, but I've gone past that now. What a shootout. All was needed was Peyton to show up for a quick cameo. Lol...

NFC looks outta control. I don't know who to take, and won't know I think until SB day.

If the Jets win against San Diego that also will be very interesting. I'm a G-Men fan and mostly NFC so I don't know about that scenario either. Depends if they make it and who's there from NFC. Might show some love for other NYC team.

Jm, I know you bleed green, but I think the McNabb Reid Era is about done. Some changes need to be made and they should be by next year. Dallas is hot, but Philly just wasn't in it from the last confrontation.

Shannahan has his hands full w/The Redskins. Remember everyone gets better next year for the most part. I hope the G-Men find some coaches that'll deliver. I like what happened quickly after the last game. Bye, bye coordinators/coaches. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Lol...

Good luck to all this week it's going to be nuts.
      Last edited by dr_ml422; 12 Jan 2010, 04:46 PM.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

dr - in 2 news conferences since the last blowout by Dallas, Reid says that McNabb is his QB for next year. Reid has been busy, we lost our GM to Cleveland and he fired the special teams coach and the team strength coach and assistant. He picked up Bobby April as ST coach who is ranked at one of the best in the league Reid is also busy picking up players, 2 WR and a Center.

» 1/14/2010 Jay Merlino Contract terminated
        » 1/14/2010 Bobby April Named special teams coordinator
        » 1/14/2010 Mike Wolf Contract terminated
        » 1/14/2010 Ted Daisher Contract terminated
        » 1/11/2010 Tom Heckert Hired by Cleveland Browns to become general manager
        » 1/11/2010 C A.Q. Shipley Signed to a three-year contract
        » 1/11/2010 WR Dobson Collins Signed to a three-year contract
        » 1/11/2010 WR Jordan Norwood Signed to a three-year contract

This off season should be interesting to see what cuts he makes. He is always making moves, at the beginning of this season I think we only had 5 players left over from the team that went to the SB.

Everybody make sure your picks are in and get ready for another crazy playoff weekend.

Good Luck to all
        Last edited by jm1647; 17 Jan 2010, 01:37 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Dan
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Here we go, first divisional game about to begin!

Just had a look at the picks and all picks are the same aside from uufta going with his Vikings.

Good luck all and enjoy the games!

Comment

• josie
            • Aug 2006

Way to go Greg!! I'm happy for you and your Vikes! Took this week by yourself. I'm breathing a sigh of relief that I got at least half right this week. Hard to not be able to improve my showing last weekend. LOL
            Josie

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

That's the problem imo regarding The Eagles. They need to clean house. Things get stale and complacent after a while when they kep things the same during a stint of just not getting over the hump. How many more Divisional Championships do The Eagles want McNabb to win/lose w/out delivering the hardware? I bet anything some real changes and Philly would be a unstoppable force in the NFC.

That said how about them Colts, Jets, and Vikes taking care of business. I went for Dallas I think. I'm not sure right now. Only because of their hot streak. Favre and company had other plans. Manning is the best hands down. I can't even think of a argument against that. Jets are getting scarier by the week. I still can't really root for them because of their losing culture here in the Apple. Nothing to do w/me being a G-Men Fan.

Old Archie Manning did right by Eli and telling him to hold out against San Diego. There's something not right there either, and it's coming from the top as well. No reason to lose that game today. Ladanian is getting tired of losing and he just might pull a Barry Sanders and call it a day soon as well. Only can run for so long.

Vikings have their hands full next week w/NO, as does The Jets w/The Colts. Might be a really big reality check for The Jets. I can't go 4 them against The Colts. If they make it fine, but bottom line is Peyton and co. are not playing around.

Good luck to all next week. I'm going to check my score on Office-Pool.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

to uufta for the Divisional Week win and his Vikings for moving on to the NFC Championship game

At the top of the playoff pool is uufta winning week 2 with 3 right and 1 point for the week 2 win for a grand total of 6 points followed by dr who won week 1 and now has 4 right and 1 point for the week 1 win for a grand total of 5 points

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                That's the problem imo regarding The Eagles. They need to clean house. Things get stale and complacent after a while when they kep things the same during a stint of just not getting over the hump. How many more Divisional Championships do The Eagles want McNabb to win/lose w/out delivering the hardware? I bet anything some real changes and Philly would be a unstoppable force in the NFC.
                dr - Andy Reid is always making moves but McNabb I think he wants to give at least one more chance. From the Dallas Wild Card 60 Man Roster (we got 7 on IR)

Donovan McNabb '99, Brian Westbrook '99, Sheldon Brown '02, Quintin Mikell '03 and David Akers '99 are the only holdovers from the SB team that played against the New England Patriots. Reid has cleaned house from when he took over and is constantly making changes. Listed below are the years Reid has acquired players, 31 in the last 2 years with 22 new guys this year alone:

1999 David Akers FA, Donovan McNabb D1

2002 Sheldon Brown D2b, Brian Westbrook D3

2003 Jamaal Jackson (IR) RFA, Quintin Mikell RFA

2004 Shawn Andrews (IR) D1

2005 Mike Patterson D1, Reggie Brown D2a, Todd Herremans D4b, Trent Cole D5a, Juqua Parker FA

2006 Darren Howard FA-NO, Brodrick Bunkley D1, Winston Justice D2, Chris Gocong D3, Max Jean-Gilles D4a, Jason Avant D4b, Omar Gaither (IR) D5b, Nick Cole RFA, Joselio Hanson FA,Jon Dorenbos FA

2007 Sav Rocca FA. Kevin Curtis FA-Stl, Kevin Kolb D2a, Victor Abiamiri D2b, Stewart Bradley (IR) D3a, Brent Celek D5b, Akeem Jordan RFA

Asante Samuel FA-NE, Chris Clemons FA-Oak, Trevor Laws D2a, DeSean Jackson D2b, Mike McGlynn D4a, Quintin Demps D4b, Joe Mays D6b. King Dunlap D7, Tracy White FA

Dimitri Patterson FA, Stacy Andrews FA-Cin, Sean Jones FA-Cle, Eldra Buckley W-SD, Leonard Weaver FA-Sea, Jason Peters T-Buf, Jeremy Maclin D1, LeSean McCoy D2, Ellis Hobbs (IR) T-NE, Cornelius Ingram (IR) D5a, Macho Harris D5b, Fenuki Tupou (IR) D5c, Moise Fokou D7b, Jason Babin FA, Michael Vick FA, Antonio Dixon W-Was, Alex Smith FA, Jeremiah Trotter* FA, Will Witherspoon T-StL, Geoffrey Pope FA-Cin, Martin Rucker FA, Dallas Reynolds RFA

And you can bet changes will be made for the 2010 season but I don't think McNabb is gonna be one of them.

Well with the NFC East outta the SB race , (the present day NFC East teams have appeared in 19 of the 43 SBs and won 11 of 19) I'm still rooting for the NFC team. The AFC was dominant in the SBs but the NFC has the lead right now winning 22 of 43.

New Orleans has never gotten to the SB and Minnesota is 0-4. Favre has had all kinda success in the NFL and is 1-1 in the SB. Still making my mind up on who to pick this week.

uufta - Either way I pick good luck to your Vikings. I know how it feels having the team you root for never having won a SB.

Good Luck to all this week, all that is left is the Conference Championship games and SB and the SB prop picks.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Well then I guess either Reid or McNabb have to go. I'm not sure if Reid is in control of player operations, but sometime gotta give. I know they start getting attached to certain players at times but change is inevitable, and ususally for the best. A lot of organizations I see just don't/want to pull the trigger on the most viable solution.

Case in point: Yanks went nuts last year and brought in the Biggest acquisitions that were available. Result: World Series Title. They got rid of Joe Torre to who had to go and who in many eyes was just babysitting and not managing.

I know this was Baseball as a example but I'm just trying to convey a point. As a fan I want the best chances of winning, and that means the best players, coaches, trainers, staff etc... We deserve it as we pay one way or another to see our teams each year.

Otn I might go Jets if they pull a miracle in Indy. I don't see NO or The Vikings beating them. I might. Not set in stone. Lol...

Comment

• uufta
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by josie
                    Way to go Greg!! I'm happy for you and your Vikes! Took this week by yourself. I'm breathing a sigh of relief that I got at least half right this week. Hard to not be able to improve my showing last weekend. LOL

Comment

• Dan
                      Digital Video Master
                      Digital Video Master
                      • Dec 2005

Nice 1 uufta, glad to see the Vikings take it, gonna be a wild one in NO on Sunday.

Can't believe the Chargers couldn't do anything against that Jets D. Maybe Rex was right when he said they should be SB favs.

Good luck this week everyone, hope we get 2 great Conference Title games.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Jets over Colts I'm in

If, and only if the Jets get past the Colts then i'll just go w/them to take it all. If not then whoever's left I'll see. Very interesting games this weekend.

Something's definitely not right in San Diego. Let them sort it out and I hope pronto. Like I said I see Tomlinson getting really tired of losing. He's 30 yrs. old I think, and that's going downhill for RBs.

Good luck guys. Sanchez isn't any Namath but that D just might get them through. Might!

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Cleveland signed the Eagles GM Heckert and now Hecker took 2 Eagle staff members to be with him in Cleveland. director of player personnel Jon Sandusky and scout John Spytek.

Reid added another player to the roster, RB Martell Mallet who played in the CFL last year. Last spring, Martell Mallett battled through an injury while working out for potential NFL suitors after an injury-plagued senior season at Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

A hip injury made it so his 2008 College statistics weren’t overly impressive — though he still made first-team All-Southwestern Athletic Conference — and a pectoral injury madebut wound up to be signed with by the CFL British Columbia Lions.

In his first year in the CFL he rushed for 1,280 yards and six touchdowns, while adding 43 receptions for 342 yards and two touchdowns, was named a West Division all-star and the CFL’s top rookie.

Looks like a nice needed addition, Westbrook hit 30 and with his injuries/concussions and a $7.5 million 2010 contract for next year it looks like it is going to be bye bye for him even if he doesn't retire.

Emails sent from OP to those that have not made picks yet for this week.

Good Luck to all

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

Wow what a game! Well God Bless Brett Favre. I think though it's time. Greg helluva game. They're just a QB away and some minor tweaks if any from the Big Dance.

JM stop hanging w/those bookies from Nothern Jersey. Getting that score on the button is making me think. Lol... Although I almost hit it myself.

I have Indy all the way win or lose. After this kinda weak outting by the Saints I can't pick them to beat Peyton and The Colts. Not after seeing how Peyton picked those Jets apart after a 2nd look at them. I know NO is not The Jets, but it don't matter. We're seeing history here right before our eyes w/Manning.

That was one of the best NFC Championship games I can remember. Favre went out like a true soldier, but that vintage throw of his got the best of him again. It's all good. I actually saw both games through and through.

See you here soon before and after Miami. Good Luck to all.

Come out, come out, wherever you are guys. 1 more game left. The Big One.
                            Last edited by dr_ml422; 27 Jan 2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

uufta - my condolences. I know how you feel with the Vikings making it to the NFC Championship Game and losing. The Eagles have been driving me bonkers! We made it to the NFC Championship Game 6 times and lost it 4 times

1980–81 WON Philadelphia Eagles 20 Dallas Cowboys 7
                              Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Veterans Stadium
                              but lost the SB to the Raiders

2001–02 LOST St. Louis Rams 29 Philadelphia Eagles 24
                              St. Louis, Missouri Edward Jones Dome

2002–03 LOST Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27 Philadelphia Eagles 10
                              Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Veterans Stadium

2003–04 LOST Carolina Panthers 14 Philadelphia Eagles 3
                              Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Lincoln Financial Field

2004–05 WON Philadelphia Eagles 27 Atlanta Falcons 10
                              Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Lincoln Financial Field
                              but lost the SB to the Patriots

2008–09 LOST Arizona Cardinals 32 Philadelphia Eagles 25
                              Glendale, Arizona University of Phoenix Stadium

dr won the Conference Championship week with the tie breaker by nailing the

final score of 59. He is now at the top of the playoff heap with 6 correct

picks and 2 weekly wins for a total of 8 points. uufta is next with 6 correct

picks and 1 weekly win for a total of 7

The pick is up at OP and here are the proposition bets.

Winner Of Game with a point spread of Colts -5.5
                              Will the total score be over or under 55.5 points
                              Coin Toss - Heads or Tails
                              Team to win the coin toss
                              Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game

Team to score first in the game
                              Team to score last in the game
                              Will the team that scores first win the game
                              Will the first score of the game be a TD, FG or Safety
                              Will the team that scores last win the game

Team with first penalty
                              Team with first Coach's Challenge
                              Team with first regular time out
                              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half
                              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half

Will there be overtime?
                              Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker)
                              Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker)
                              Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker)
                              Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker)

Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker)
                              Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker)

The how longs of the picks, 6 of 'em. will be used for tie breakers as needed.

Closest to the actual number wins.

Good Luck to all

Comment

• uufta
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Dec 2005

New Orleans
                                what a bunch of cheating, dirty low-lifes, what goes around, comes around, $34k in fines, not a bad investment.....I had wanted them to go all the way if the Vikes didnt..but after all the crap I have heard from the team and the coaches over the couple of weeks, and how there mission was to injure people, even the coaches bragging about it...why the NFL has just sat on there hands is beyond me.
                                Sharper "Manning likes to lay down if he knows he is about to be hit, we wont stand for that, we will jump on him whether he gives himself up or not" what a friggen Moron..a player being ejected is a small price to make sure the QB doesnt come back into the game. that little tidbit comes from the Defensive Coordinator...WTF!!!!

They cheap shotted Warner out of the game and the Vikes have sent film of no less than four clear attempts to end someones career and they got away with it, all should have been ejections and fines and penaltys, even our 2nd best CB in overtime was hit helmet to knee away from the play and has to have reconstruction.

I hope Manning carves them up like a Christmas ham..

The Williams brothers, are looking forward to getting a nice clear shot at NO's D-Coach standing anywhere near the sideline next year, they promise to knock him several rows up, god willing

Nuff Said....

I hope I am supposed to answer these...DOH!!

Winner Of Game with a point spread of Colts -5.5.....Colts
                                Will the total score be over or under 55.5 points......Under
                                Coin Toss - Heads or Tails....Tails
                                Team to win the coin toss....N/O
                                Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game.....N/O
                                Team to score first in the game .....N/O
                                Team to score last in the game.....Colts
                                Will the team that scores first win the game.....No
                                Will the first score of the game be a TD, FG or Safety.....FG
                                Will the team that scores last win the game....Yes
                                Team with first penalty.....N/O
                                Team with first Coach's Challenge.....N/O
                                Team with first regular time out......Colts
                                Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half......Yes
                                Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half......No
                                Will there be overtime?....No
                                Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker)....N/O..52yds
                                Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) ....N/O..28yds
                                Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker)...Colts..44yds
                                Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker).....Colts..46yds

Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker)...N/O..45yds
                                Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker)...N/O..38yds

The how longs of the picks, 6 of 'em. will be used for tie breakers as needed.

Closest to the actual number wins.
                                Last edited by uufta; 5 Feb 2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...