• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Football's here now.

I have to disagree w/u JM on the Phillies woulda won against anyone. Spilled milk, though they were lucky to get Tampa a inexperienced team. If the Red Sox would of made it they prolly woulda beat Philly. Last year when Cole Hammels faced that Yankee line-up he knew it was over and was just dying to get it over with. It would of been a sweep except for Cliff Lee, who by the way will be in Pinstripes next year.

Otn, I have to see how that 2014 Superbowl will play out at the Meadowlands. Doesn't make sense to me as warmer climate does give both teams a fair shot. Throw a Dome Team in that cold air and it's a total crapshoot. We outside teams like The Eagles, Giants, Redskins etc... can handle it, though a team w/even Peyton I'm not too sure about.

9 more days!
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Good point dr, it would make for an interesting SB though. Would be more old school, good D, good running game would have the edge. Favre could handle it, but like you said the dome/fair weather teams would have a tough time.

9 days that's it?

Don't forget to sign up at Office-Pools!

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

It'll definitely be interesting, though if the Jets or Giants are in they would have home field advantage as well. We'll have to see how this plays out. What'll be very interesting is the Twin's in the post-season in that new outdoor stadium. That's the most stupidest move I've seen to date. Haven't cut it indoors and now w/the playoffs and WS going into November we could see sub-zero temps and even a cancelled game. Bud needs to leave already as does Stern. Goodell is not too far behind w/some of his latest moves like the Pro-Bowl before the Super Bowl.

How do you feel about the 18 game schedule? They're practically dead now w/16 for Pete's sake! All for the sake of revenue.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
          I have to disagree w/u JM on the Phillies woulda won against anyone. Spilled milk, though they were lucky to get Tampa a inexperienced team. If the Red Sox would of made it they prolly woulda beat Philly. Last year when Cole Hammels faced that Yankee line-up he knew it was over and was just dying to get it over with. It would of been a sweep except for Cliff Lee, who by the way will be in Pinstripes next year.

Otn, I have to see how that 2014 Superbowl will play out at the Meadowlands. Doesn't make sense to me as warmer climate does give both teams a fair shot. Throw a Dome Team in that cold air and it's a total crapshoot. We outside teams like The Eagles, Giants, Redskins etc... can handle it, though a team w/even Peyton I'm not too sure about.

9 more days!
          In 2008 the Phils played who made it to the big game. Just like in 2009. Saying the Yankees woulda beat the 2008 Phils is kinda like saying Tyson would beat Ali. Me saying the Phils woulda beat anybody is the same. We'll never know.

Phils vs Yankees since Interleague play, 1997-2009:

1997: Phils 3 - Yank 0
          1998: Phils 0 - Yank 3
          1999: Phils 2 - Yank 1
          2000: Phils 1 - Yank 2
          2001: Phils 1 - Yank 2
          2006: Phils 1 - Yank 2
          2009: Phils 2 - Yank 1

2009 world Series Yankees 4-2
          Gm 1 Philadelphia Phillies 6 @ New York Yankees 1
          Gm 2 Philadelphia Phillies 1 @ New York Yankees 3
          Gm 3 New York Yankees 8 @ Philadelphia Phillies 5
          Gm 4 New York Yankees 7 @ Philadelphia Phillies 4
          Gm 5 New York Yankees 6 @ Philadelphia Phillies 8
          Gm 6 Philadelphia Phillies 3 @ New York Yankees 7

2010 Phillies vs Yankees
          Tue, 6/15 at Yankees L 3-8 32-30 Sabathia (7-3) Halladay (8-5)
          Wed, 6/16 at Yankees W 6-3 33-30 Moyer (7-6) Burnett (6-5)
          Moyer became the oldest pitcher to beat the yankees @ 47 years 155 days old

Thu, 6/17 at Yankees W 7-1 34-30 Kendrick (4-2) Pettitte (8-2)

Interleague game play overall since 1997: Phillies 12 - Yankees 12
          The Yankees won the World Series where it counts the most, so overall since 1997 16-14 Winning record yes, dominate no. And Ryan Howard set a WS strikeout record with 13. Good pitching? Bad swinging? I think it was a combination of both.

Back to the Flyers (7th seed in the playoffs), won the shootout against the Rangers and won against the Canadiens (8th seed in the playoffs) to get to play in the SC.

What I'm saying is anything is possible with any team, in any sport on any day like with the Arizona Diamondbacks and Anaheim Angels winning the WS in 2001-2002, the Wild Card teams that won the SB, Ali and Foreman comebacks to win the title.

Back to football I think the SB should definitely be played outdoors, on real grass, in the rain, hail, sleet and snow. Whatever the conditions. Anybody else remember the Eagles-Bears 1998 (Typo should be 1988) Playoff Game? Wound up being called the Fog Bowl.
          The Fog Bowl was the name given to the December 31, 1988 National Football League (NFL) playoff game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Chicago Bears. A heavy, dense fog rolled over Chicago's Soldier Field during the 2nd quarter, cutting visibility to about 10-20 yards for the rest of the game. Philadelphia moved the ball effectively all day and Eagles quarterback Randall Cunningham had 407 passing yards despite the low visibility; but they could not get the ball into the end zone. Many players complained that they could not see the sidelines or first-down markers[citation needed]. The Bears ended up winning 20-12.

Now if a playoff game to get to the SuperBowl can be played in them conditions so can the SB.
          Last edited by jm1647; 3 Sep 2010, 07:55 AM. Reason: noted 1998 typo

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Picks are in!

Yankees could of not beat Phillie in 2008 cause they were not in contention for that. We'll see in a few weeks what the real story will be.

Now it's NFL time and my picks are in. I went w/a lot of Away teams as I didn't feel the Home team was that better. Let's see the outcome after the week of the 9th. Forgot if I picked Washington over Dallas, though Washington is hungry and Home. Romo still hasn't done anything and I have no clue who's left on Dallas. Haven't read up fully on all teams.

I picked against the Eagles. They are in no position yet to be doing anything substantial. Jets and Giants are Home so I went w/them. The rest is history. May the Games begin!

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by tigeredwards
              i like soccer only
              Try the Soccer topic

We got 1 new player in the pool and looks like a player coming back (waiting for an email address to send invite to) that hasn't played for a while.

First game is Thursday night 9-9-10, looks like 3 spots still left. If ya wanna play in the pool PM me with an email address.

Comment

• Dan
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Dec 2005

Good news jm, nice to see a few more players this year, should be fun. Just over 24 hours until game 1, good luck all!

dr, I still don't see you on the list at office pools, hope it isn't an error but don't forget man!

Comment

• uufta
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Dec 2005

May have a couple more when does the time limit run out???

DR!! wassup? better check your picks......maybe he is BIG M Dan?????

Last edited by uufta; 9 Sep 2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• jm1647
                    • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
                    Originally Posted by uufta
                    To get in for the whole season it is by the start of this Thursday nights game. Pretty sure a person can join after that but will lose potential points by not making picks.
                    Sent an automated email to those that did not make picks yet. If u got an email your picks ain't in yet.

About 24 hours til regular season football starts.

So to start off the season like I usually do here it goes again

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

I must be BIG M, though I thought officepools used my usual dr_ml422 id. I think it's using my email id. JM would of sent me a e-mail notifying me of not making my picks. I'll double check again. JM if you can please double check and if BIG M has made picks then that's me. Thanks guys. What a season we have ahead of us!

I hear you JM. I don't think anyone in the NFC East like Dallas!

I have to be BIG M. Dan are you sure you picked the correct pool? It's DVF 2010. I don't see you in the member's list. I see Josie, JM, Tammie, Uufta and football freak. My picks are in though I can't see the rest of the pool's picks. Maybe sometime tomorrow we'll be able to see them.
                      Last edited by dr_ml422; 9 Sep 2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• doctorhardware
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2006

This year I said I would play, but with going down south looking at houses I would not be able to keep track of the games. BTW JM I agree that Dallas does suck. I guess I will have to get the NFL package so at least I will be able to watch the Bears games, and get the NHL package to watch the Hawks games. Unless I set up a sling box at at friends house and it will be much cheaper.
                        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• Dan
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

Yeah I'm signed up too dr, but my id is football freak. I see 8 members now, and I thought BIG M was a new player, glad you got your picks in.

Less than 4 hours to get the picks in, good luck everyone!

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                            I must be BIG M, though I thought officepools used my usual dr_ml422 id. I think it's using my email id. .....
                            Whatever is put in for a first and last name is used in the player profile. It is different from the login ID.

I removed some last names (don't know if they were real or not) from the player profiles and replaced it with DVF. Your login still remains the same.

Everybody's picks are in, Kabu is back, and a coupla new players too, Tammie and Mike. uufta was a busy man. Thanks!

Just a reminder to all for the tie breaker - the home and away team scores should equal the total score you entered. Weird that the site don't make sure that happens

Season starts with a replay of the NFC Championship Game in a lil over 3 hours. Should be a great game

Good Luck to All

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

I went for the Vikes I think. They exposed NO and even though a close game loss. NO will not repeat if things go like this the whole season. Too many revamped rosters with NO on their sites. Favre was great. I hope he can smooth it out over the entire season to be fresh for the playoffs should they make it. He's still better than a lot of current and younger QBs right now. They blew that pass where supposedly it was inconclusive. Well if you want complete conclusiveness then just chuck the cameras! What more did they need for Pete's sake.

Hi Kabu. Welcome back. Might be a long season for the 49ers, though who knows w/the NFL.

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

The season has started, wasn't the game I thought it was gonna be but finally after 7 months it was real football. 1 game down, 511 left in the regular season.

Gotta feeling this is gonna be one crazy season.

Good Luck to all in the rest of the week 1 games

Comment

Working...