X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

josie - glad ya got the picks in!
    uufta - it wouldn't be fun in the pool without you kicking butt! Glad to have you and everybody else too
    dr/magnum mac - get them picks in!!!! everybody is in but you

After week 15 in the NFL

AFC clinched playoff berths
    1. New England, 2. Pittsburgh

AFC eliminations
    Buffalo (Week 12); Cincinnati (Week 12); Denver (Week 13); Cleveland (Week 14); Houston (Week 15); Miami (Week 15).

NFC clinched playoff berths
    1. Atlanta 2. Chicago (won the North)

NFC eliminations
    Carolina (Week 11); Detroit (Week 12); Dallas (Week 14); Minnesota (Week 14); Washington (Week 14); Arizona (Week 15).

For the pool wild card, division and conference playoff weekend games we're gonna post the total score, the away team and home team scores for the games not having the spaces on the pick screen. For all the games we are gonna post an over and under a listed final score and post if the favorite will cover the spread in red listed @ OP for each game. These will be used as tie breakers as needed and will be posted in a topic for each playoff weekend @ OP. mike L. can't get to DVF for some reason.

Sample for games that don't have space

For Game 1,2,3
    Total Score -
    Away Team Score -
    Home Team Score -
    Over/Under # will be listed (Over or Under) -
    Favorite covers the spread in red (Y/N) -

Listed Tie Breaker Game
    Final Score Over/Under # will be listed(Over or Under) -
    Favorite covers the spread in red (Y/N) -

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays to all

Comment

• jm1647
      • Apr 2005

Playoff picture as of today

AFC
      Seed
      1. NE 13-2 - clinched their division and home field advantage
      2. Pittsburgh 11-4 - clinched a playoff spot
      3. KC 10-5 - clinched their division
      4. Colts 9-6 - still in the running for the AFC south
      5. Baltimore 11-4 - clinched a playoff spot
      6. Jets 10-5 - clinched a playoff spot
      8. Jaguars 8-7 still in the running for the AFC south

AFC eliminations
      Buffalo (Week 12); Cincinnati (Week 12); Denver (Week 13); Cleveland (Week 14); Houston (Week 15); Miami (Week 15); Oakland (Week 16); Tennessee (Week 16); San Diego (Week 16).

NFC
      Seed
      1. Atlanta 12-2 - clinched a playoff spot still in the running for the NFC south
      2. Chicago 11-4 - clinched their division
      3. Eagles 10-4 - clinched their division
      4. St. Louis West 7-8-0 still in the running for the NFC west
      5. New Orleans South 10-4-0 clinched a playoff spot still in the running for the NFC south
      6. Green Bay North 9-6-0
      Still Alive
      6 N.Y. Giants East 9-6-0
      8 Tampa Bay South 9-6-0
      9 Seattle West 6-9-0

NFC eliminations
      Carolina (Week 11); Detroit (Week 12); Dallas (Week 14); Minnesota (Week 14); Washington (Week 14); Arizona (Week 15); San Francisco (Week 16).

DVF Pool week 16

josie is in the lead with 10 correct with the MNF game and the Tuesday night rescheduled Eagles - Vikings game. Everybody picked Philly and Atlanta except Kabu with 9 correct, who picked NO so we have a potential tie between josie and Kabu, if so we go to the tie breakers. Good Luck josie and Kabu!!!

magnum mac will get the low weekly score -2 again, for week 16

still have 8 different winners in 16 weeks

uufta still at the top widening his lead to a 4 point lead with 1 week to go

Back to a normal football week for week 17, no Thursday night game. Get those picks in on time!!!

Good Luck to all!!!

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

I screwed up last 2 weeks!

Thnx for the posting of the contenders/losers for the NFL and this week's winners/potential winners etc... JM. I got caught up w/all this Jolly/Holly stuff and competely 4got to make my picks. It was too late 4 last week, and completely forgot this last Thursday until Friday morning reading the sporting news.

I'll still tweek it out through the end. Playoffs look crazy, and the standings for some teams still alive are reminding me of the National Leauge West in Baseball where a losing record can still clinch/win a division.

Happy Newe Year to all!
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
          • Apr 2005

The Vikes did a job on the Eagles last night and it looks like they got a QB in Webb.

The Eagles had a shot at a bye and blew it. Now they will play 3 games in 12 days. Reid should rest the starters in the Dallas game Sunday and get ready for the playoffs.

to Kabu who wins week 16 by having NO, the correct team in the tie breaker over josie who had ATL. Kabu had 10 correct and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 11 points for week 16

dr/magnum mac gets the low weekly score -2 , 5-2=3 points for week 16

still have 8 different winners in 16 weeks

uufta still at the top with his 4 point lead with 1 week to go

Back to a normal football week for week 17, no Thursday night game. Get those picks in on time!!!

Good Luck to all!!! Happy New Year!!!!
          Last edited by jm1647; 30 Dec 2010, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• uufta
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

Congrats!!! to Josie and Kabu

Sorry John your Iggles should have played on Sunday, would have slowed down all the big guys
            And you can blame the oddsmakers for pi$$ing off the Vikes, that spread was all they could talk about on the home front, Carolina would have gotten more respect..

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
              Sorry John your Iggles should have played on Sunday, would have slowed down all the big guys
              And you can blame the oddsmakers for pi$$ing off the Vikes, that spread was all they could talk about on the home front, Carolina would have gotten more respect..
              The Vikes fans mighta wanna ask the oddsmakers to make the Vikes big underdogs all the time, to keep them motivated

Even the Governor of PA, Ed Rendell, an Eagles season ticket holder for a long time, says we shoulda played on Sunday. He says were becoming a nation of wusses LOL. They coulda even done 2 MNF games like they did recently but nooooooooo, first Tuesday night game since 1946

The Iggles had a bad game and the Vikes played good. Not too bad the Iggles got a loss outta the way, the woulda had to win out and get some help to get the bye. They are locked in at the #3 seed now and another loss this Sunday wouldn't be bad either, rest the starters for the playoffs, and who knows maybe win 4 straight.

Either way whatever happens the rest of the way, with every thing going on, the Iggles have given us a great season and who knows maybe a Super one.

I'm hoping for a crazy weekend of football so i can catch up to u in the pool.

Good Luck to all!!!

Comment

• Tammie K
                • Sep 2010

Finally

It's week 17 and I finally get 12 right and tie Uufta. Yeah!!

Comment

• uufta
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Dec 2005

I think you won the week also TK !! Congrats

Comment

• dr_ml422
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2007

Ok so I missed this last regular week. I just posted this coming week's picks so I'm good.

JM so you're going to post the rules for the playoffs in Trash Talk only, or here as well?

Odrama calling the Eagles is all I needed to start seeing Philly win the SB! It's been pointing that way for a couple of weeks now, especially after the G-Men gave them that game. Too much $$$ involved, and in Vick's case he owes too much as well, so a SB win just might help a lil towards his debt. Let's see if I hit this oth again.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422

JM so you're going to post the rules for the playoffs in Trash Talk only, or here as well?
                      Here are the additional tie breakers we are going to use.

from http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_odds.shtml @ 1:12am 1-3-11

Copy and paste and then enter the scores and pick/enter Over Or Under and Yes No and post them here. I sent an email to Mike L and Mike DVf (don't think Mike DVF is a member here and Mike L can't get here) and when I get their reply I'll post them here. OP needs html coding to format posts, so it is easier to do here and in email.

1/8 4:30 ET
                      New Orleans At Seattle Total Score -
                      Home Team Score -
                      Away Team Score -
                      Over/Under 45.5 - Over or Under -
                      Will the favorite cover the spread in red on the pick sheet - Yes or No -

1/8 8:00 ET
                      NY Jets At Indianapolis Total Score -
                      Home Team Score -
                      Away Team Score -
                      Over/Under 44.5 - Over or Under -

1/9 1:00 ET
                      Baltimore At Kansas City Total Score -
                      Home Team Score -
                      Away Team Score -
                      Over/Under 41 - Over or Under -

1/9 4:30 ET
                      Green Bay At Philadelphia official tie breaker game has a place for scores
                      Over/Under 46 - Over or Under -
                      Will the favorite cover the spread in red on the pick sheet - Yes or No

Good Luck to all !!!

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Here's mine

New Orleans -10.5 At Seattle Total Score - 55
                        Home Team Score - 34 Edit shoulda been 21
                        Away Team Score - 21 Edit shoulda been 34
                        Couldn't have the favorite cover the spread and lose by 13
                        Over/Under 45.5 - Over or Under - Over
                        Will the favorite cover the spread in red on the pick sheet - Yes or No - Yes

NY Jets At Indianapolis -3.5 Total Score - 55
                        Home Team Score - 31
                        Away Team Score - 24
                        Over/Under 44.5 - Over or Under - Over

Baltimore -2.5 At Kansas City Total Score - 37
                        Home Team Score - 13
                        Away Team Score - 24
                        Over/Under 41 - Over or Under - Under

Green Bay At Philadelphia -2.5
                        Over/Under 46 - Over or Under - Under
                        Last edited by jm1647; 8 Jan 2011, 04:51 PM. Reason: fix/reverse home and away team scores

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

JM which spread in red in what pick sheet? The OP spread? So if it says -10 on the OP site then for example I would say yes NO will get at least 10 points in the Game correct? I'm a lil knew to this part. Thnx.

Lol... So what's your total score for the Eagles' Game JM?
                          Last edited by dr_ml422; 4 Jan 2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Tammie K
                            • Sep 2010

Office Pool champ

Uufta informed me I must bow before his greatness. I refuse. I will genuflect instead!

Comment

• Tammie K
                              • Sep 2010

Wild Card weekend picks

New Orleans At Seattle Total Score -44
                              Home Team Score -17
                              Away Team Score -27
                              Over/Under 45.5 - Under
                              Will the favorite cover the spread in red on the pick sheet - No -

NY Jets At Indianapolis Total Score - 41
                              Home Team Score -24
                              Away Team Score -17
                              Over/Under 44.5 - Over or Under -under
                              Will the favorite cover the spread in red on the pick sheet - Yes

Baltimore At Kansas City Total Score - 44
                              Home Team Score -17
                              Away Team Score -27
                              Over/Under 41 - Over or Under -over
                              Will the favorite cover the spread in red on the pick sheet - Yes

Green Bay At Philadelphia official tie breaker game has a place for scores
                              Over/Under 46 - Over or Under -over
                              Will the favorite cover the spread in red on the pick sheet - No
                              Last edited by Tammie K; 4 Jan 2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

Tammie wins wk17 - uufta wins the regular season again

Thought I posted this here but I guess I didn't

to Tammie who wins week 17 by having TB, the previous game listed correct team in the tie breaker over uufta and football freak who had NO. None of the 3 tied had the correct team SEA everybody picked STL in the normal tie breaker game. All 3 had SF, PHI and NYJ. Tammie had 12 correct and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 13 points for week 17

to uufta who kicked butt and won the regular season pool again. He had the most points and the highest percentage of correct picks and 3 weekly wins

Now it's on to the playoffs!!! I'll post the games for total. home and away scores, to enter the scores for the games not listed as the tie breaker @ OP, and the Over and Under and will the favorite beat the spread here for the WC weekend and other playoff weekends as they come up. The SB 22 proposition bets will also be here. I'll send emails to Mike L and Mike DVF and then post their picks here when I get them.

Good Luck to all!!!

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                                JM which spread in red in what pick sheet? The OP spread? So if it says -10 on the OP site then for example I would say yes NO will get at least 10 points in the Game correct? I'm a lil knew to this part. Thnx.

Lol... So what's your total score for the Eagles' Game JM?
                                Dr - the spreads are posted on the pick sheet @ OP in red with the favorite team. for example NO is -10.5 which means they are a 10.5 point favorite which means they would have to beat Seattle by 10.5 points.

The Eagles game is the tie breaker game on OP and the total score, away and home team scores are entered on the pick sheet @ OP

Comment

Working...