X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Thanks for the congrats jm and josie, actually I've been away for a bit too, but managed to get those picks in.

Like you said josie great games, I watched all 4 and loved it! I'm already getting pumped for this Sunday, no matter who wins it looks like one hell of a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Tammie K
      • Sep 2010

Picks

1/23/2011 3:00:00 PM SUN (-3.5) Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears
      Total Score -
      Green Bay Score - 31
      Chicago Score - 21
      Over/Under 43.5 - Over or Under - Over
      Will Green Bay cover the spread - Y/N -Y

1/23/2011 6:30:00 PM SUN New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-3.5)
      Over/Under 38.5 - Over or Under - Over
      Will Pittsburgh cover the spread - Y/N -Y

Comment

• Sgtflash
        • Jan 2011

Picks

Total Score -48
        Green Bay Score - 31
        Chicago Score - 17
        Will Green Bay cover the spread - Y/N - Y

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Conference Championship Picks

here's mine

Total Score - 47
          Green Bay Score - 27
          Chicago Score - 20

Comment

• uufta
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

Total Score - 45
            Green Bay Score -21
            Chicago Score -24
            Over/Under 43.5 - Over or Under - over
            Will Green Bay cover the spread - Y/N - No

Will Pittsburgh cover the spread - Y/N -Yes

Good Luck Everyone
            Last edited by uufta; 21 Jan 2011, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Here's my picks:

Total Score - 46
              Green Bay Score - 27
              Chicago Score - 19
              Will Green Bay cover the spread - Y/N - Yes

I'm a lil confused about the spread again. By covering the spread you mean Pittsburgh will score more than the 3.5 they are counted on putting up? Same for Green Bay correct? Let me know. Thnx.

Plus are the scores we pick here suppose to correspond to the scores in the Pool?
              SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422

I'm a lil confused about the spread again. By covering the spread you mean Pittsburgh will score more than the 3.5 they are counted on putting up? Same for Green Bay correct? Let me know. Thnx.

Plus are the scores we pick here suppose to correspond to the scores in the Pool?
                The spread is the points that the favorite has to beat the other team by more than. GB and PIT are -3.5, that means they are giving 3.5 points, so that means CHI and NY are getting 3.5 points added to their score or GB and PIT are getting 3.5 subtracted from their score.

If the GB - CHI game ended at GB 31 to CHI 28, GB is -3.5 so either subtract 3.5 from GB score or add 3.5 to CHI score. GB 31 - 3.5 = 27.5, CHI would win with 28 or GB 31 - CHI 28 +3.5 = 31.5, CHI wins.

There is no score for the GB-CHI game in the pool, and if you pick GB in the pool you would want GB to have the higher score here because you picked GB to win. If you picked GB to win and think they won't cover the spread post the scores accordingly so that your score has GB winning by less than 3.5 points.

Same thing for the NY-PIT game if the scores you posted in the pool have PIT winning by more than 3.5 points post here that they will cover the spread. Same thing with the scores, if you think they are going to be over or under the points listed your scores posted in the pool should reflect that.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck to all!!!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

Originally Posted by uufta
                  Total Score - 45
                  Green Bay Score -21
                  Chicago Score -24
                  Over/Under 43.5 - Over or Under - over
                  Will Green Bay cover the spread - Y/N - No

Good Luck Everyone
                  Wow! You have The Bears winning this one huh uufta. Did you go by the season Home wins for the Bears and their overall performance as opposed to the Packers Road wins and overall season performance?

Are you a Vikings fan or Packers fan? I know you're a Twins' fan. Rodgers and the Packers look really good. It's about 19 degrees here in NYC. I could just imagine what it's like in Chi-Town.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

Total Score - 51
                    Green Bay Score - 30
                    Chicago Score - 21

Good luck everyone, and enjoy the games!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

Why isn't the option to post the Jets and Steelers scores plus the total score not posted here in the forum? Is it because it's posted verbatim on office-pools.com?

Anyhow my take on The Jets is that it's now or another 42 years, which at that point I might be outta this planet. So I went w/them for that sole reason. It's most definitely do or die.

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
                        Why isn't the option to post the Jets and Steelers scores plus the total score not posted here in the forum? Is it because it's posted verbatim on office-pools.com?...
                        Yup that's why

to Dan (football freak) who wins the Conference Championship week 20, breaking a 5 way tie with 2 correct, by being closest to the total score of 43 with 44, his 4th weekly win , with 2 correct and 1 point for the weekly win for a total of 3 points for week 20.

1-23-11 Conference Champ Results
                        GB 21 CHI 14 = 35
                        PIT 24 NY 19 = 43

nobody picked both the exact total and team scores in either of the games.

mike L gets the low weekly score -2, 1-2= -1 point for week 20. Lost a point for not making picks

still have 8 different winners in 20 weeks

For the playoffs football freak is in the lead with 9 points so far. Sgtflash (Mike DVF) is second with 7.

uufta is still in the lead for overall pool winner.

We have the SB week and the 22 SB proposition picks left. I'll post the SB proposition picks when the line is up.

I'm looking forward to a great SB!!! The NFC #6 seed against the #2 AFC seed. Could be another year a WC wins the SB.

Good Luck to all!!!

Comment

• Dan
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Dec 2005

Interesting games yesterday, the Jets almost came back but the Steelers are too good for that. I feel bad for the Bears D, other then the first drive they were tough, Cutler getting injured was his best effort of the day,lol.

I am also looking forward to a great SB! Two classic teams that know how to win, great dynasty in the making if the Steelers win it again.

I only wish we didn't have to wait 2 weeks to watch it,lol.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• uufta
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Dec 2005

@dr_ml422 I hate the Pack, just a little more than the Bears, so it was just wishful thinking, didnt realize Cutler was such a Puss.

My blood runs purple

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

SB XLV Proposition Picks

2/6/11 6:25 ET SB XLV - Green Bay Packers (-2.5) vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Winner Of Game with point spread of Packers (-2.5) -
                              Will the total score be over or under 45.5 points -
                              Coin Toss - Heads or Tails -
                              Team to win the coin toss -
                              Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game -

Team to score first in the game -
                              Team to score last in the game -
                              Will the team that scores first win the game -
                              Will the first score of the game be a TD, FG or Safety -
                              Will the team that scores last win the game -

Team with first penalty -
                              Team with first Coach's Challenge -
                              Team with first regular time out -
                              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the first half -
                              Will there be a score in the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half -

Will there be overtime -
                              Team with longest pass play and how long (1st tie breaker) -
                              Team with longest running play and how long (2nd tie breaker) -
                              Team with longest FG and how long (3rd tie breaker) -
                              Team with longest Punt and how long (4th tie breaker) -

Team with longest KO return and how long (5th tie breaker) -
                              Team with longest Punt return and how long (6th tie breaker) -

The how longs of the picks, 6 of 'em. will be used for additional tie breakers as needed. Closest to the actual number wins. Picks hafta be posted before the game starts.

Good Luck All!!!

Comment

• dr_ml422
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • May 2007

I hear you!

Originally Posted by uufta
                                @dr_ml422 I hate the Pack, just a little more than the Bears, so it was just wishful thinking, didnt realize Cutler was such a Puss.

My blood runs purple
                                Many want the Steelers to win, though this is Rodgers coming out party! To eradicate the whole Favre thing, and establish himself there 4 good.

The Jets dididn't do a damn thing in the 1st 1/2 then all of a sudden make a comeback and almost pull it off? Too much $$$ involved like I always say, and I know you guys may or may not believe it, though this was too obvious. Even my cousin who really doesn't follow football saw through this whole thing floabw. Next year it'll be either the Jets or the Vikes winning it all.

I have no idea what Cutler did. I missed that game. Hey, he can't be that bad w/that record. You stay they talk concussion. You leave you're a woos. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Crazy season with that losing conference making the playoffs and my G-Men going home w/a winning record at 10 games etc...

Oh, I forgot, it just might be Philly's turn to get a SB win so look out next year 4 them also. I'd rather see them win than the obvious contenders, which isn't really the correct word because Philly does contend each year when you think about it.

That 2014 SB might just be a Giants/Jets series to hype things up even more. I think it's coming to the Meadowlands if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck to all! Wish me luck to another damn snowstorm is hitting the apple. I just hope all is clear for my flight in a couple of weeks! This cold isn't for these almost 50 yr. old bones iykwim!
                                Last edited by dr_ml422; 27 Jan 2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...