• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Wo is me, Wo is me

Another week where crazy stuff happens. The Rams beat the Saints

And then the Chargers- Chiefs game - with me having a TS of 38 and Kabu with a TS of 34 tied with 10 picks right picking SD, with the score tied 20-20 with 1:03 left in the game with the Chargers 1st and 10 at the KC 15 yard line, looks like I got week 8 wrapped up but...
    Noooooooooooo for me

Rivers does a clap while the center snaps the ball and the ball hits the back of his left hand and the Chiefs get the ball.
    From the playbook - 1-10-KC 15 (1:03) P.Rivers FUMBLES (Aborted) at KC 15, RECOVERED by KC-A.Studebaker at KC 16. A.Studebaker to KC15 for -1 yards (P.Rivers).

The game goes into OT. The Chargers win the toss, get the ball at their 20, and can't do caca and punt the ball from their 18. KC gets the ball at their 19 and drives down to the Chargers 12 yard line where on 3rd and 7 kick a field goal and the Chiefs win. Call this game "Rivers has a brain fart at Arrow Head"..

Me, Kabu and Dan are tied with 10 picks right. The site only uses the MNF TS for tie breaking and I get the asterisk for winning the week. I was closest to the TS of the game BUThad the wrong team we use the correct team/total score to break ties so....

to Dan for picking KC and breaking the 3 way tie and being the 2nd 2x weekly winner, and for tying with Kabu in 1st place at 81 points. I gave Dan the STL pick for winning week 8.

Kabu is still hanging tuff in 1st place for the 3rd straight week

Good Luck to all in week 9
    Last edited by jm1647; 2 Nov 2011, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Thx guys, survived another week,lol. I got lucky on that one, looked like a formality until Rivers forgot how to snap the ball.

Tough week coming up indeed, only the colts game is an easy pick...right mike?

The Giants are giving me fits, beating the good teams and losing or almost to the bad. Maybe the D can knock Brady out this week, hope he's ready to get his jersey dirty,lol.

Good luck everyone!
      Last edited by Dan; 2 Nov 2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

So G-Men playing the Brady Bunch huh. Thnx for the early heads up, I usually wait till close to the weekend for picks.

Well I hope his Jersey isn't the only thing that gets dirty!

As much as I can't stand Boston, one has to admit they do well. Now that division is weak as hell and that helps tremendously.

Yup Indy's done. They had a great run and Peyton's going to the HOF. What more can one ask.

I have Green Bay in the SB. The other team is wide open the way things been going.

Good luck to all!
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• josie
          • Aug 2006

Dan - Congrats on another weekly win!
          Kabu - Holding on at #1! Way to go!!
          mlandes46 - Thanks for hanging with me! LOL

People doubling up on weekly wins, and I've yet to claim one this year........think I better find a different strategy

Good luck to all this week.
          Josie

Comment

• uufta
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

Sorry Dan was a bit premature with my congrats.
            Congrats to everyone Dan, Kabu and JM

Comment

• Dan
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
              Sorry Dan was a bit premature with my congrats.
              Congrats to everyone Dan, Kabu and JM
              lol, no problem. I owe it all to Rivers anyway or else I'd be in 3rd place.

I wonder who will choke this week.....good luck all!

Comment

• mlandes46
                DIGITAL VIDEO DORK
                • Sep 2011

good luck this week everybody i'm comin for ya! No really, i mean it this time!!

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by mlandes46
                  good luck this week everybody i'm comin for ya! No really, i mean it this time!!
                  Looks like you might have to wait til next week, everyone played it safe this week except the dr. Even worse....you picked exactly the same as uufta,lol.

Gotta hope for the tie breaker this week....let the upsets begin!

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

Another wacky week as usual. Guess if I call for upsets I should pick a few as well,lol.

Well done dr, josie and mikem! dr for going with all the upsets and josie and mike for picking Denver, nice one!

Nice to see the G Men win even if I picked the Pats, Eli got you this time Tom. What an awesome finish!

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by mlandes46
                      ... Ya'll better enjoy it while ya can, cuz me and josie will be dukin it out for the weekly extra point that one of us will be gettin for weekly high score! Mike L
                      Mike your crystal ball must have some finger prints on it....it worked great for josie but got the wrong Mike and missed the dr.

We have a 3 way tie going into the MNF game!

dr, josie, and SgtFlash (Mike M) all have 10 points each.

josie and Mike M have PHI and the dr has CHI. If CHI wins the dr grabs the week. If PHI wins josie and Mike M go to the closest to the total score tie breaker.

Good Luck to the 3 of you!

Kabu no matter what you'll be in 1st place for the 4th week but this time all alone with at least 89 points.

Eli and the G-Men O and D are hanging tuff. Go NFC East

Thursday Night game this week.Don't forget

Comment

• josie
                        • Aug 2006

dr on the weekly win! I almost picked Eli, but still would of lost on the tiebreaker. Well done.

Thanks Dan - Had to stick with Tebow! I'm in love!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

Kabu - Way to stay on top!!!

jm - Thanks for the reminder of the Thursday night game. Still gonna think a bit more before I submit tho..........I WANT A WEEKLY WIN TOO!!!
                        Josie

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

dr did some nice pickin' and was the only one to pick MIA, NYG and BAL and wins week 9 with 11 right and +1 for weekly winner for 12 points total

I gave dr the NYJ pick

Kabu still at the top for 4 straight weeks, now with 89 points

After the Eagles blow another one, on the post game show an email was sent in to the show saying "Arizona Cardinals, when you come to the Linc for Sunday's game bring DRC with you so we can complete the trade".....he has done absolutely nothing so far for the Eagles. The gazillion $ spent for DRC and Nnamdi so far is a bust.....new system, lack of camp or effort...who knows but another fugly game by the Eagles on both sides of the line and special teams too.

Good Luck to All for week 10
                          Last edited by jm1647; 9 Nov 2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• uufta
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Dec 2005

Congrats dr and Kabu, WOW

I thought for sure I made my picks this week, must have forgot..DOH!

Comment

• Dan
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Dec 2005

ok, Raiders win and nobody picked them. Could be a messy Sunday if this is any idication,lol.

MIKE L get your picks in bud! (I bet you were gonna pick the Raiders right )

Comment

• mlandes46
                                DIGITAL VIDEO DORK
                                • Sep 2011

Dan, you read me like a book! Of course I was gonna pick the raiders! NOT! No biggy, as i'll hit the rest of em right! And, FYI, I didn't pick like Uffta. I caught him hacking my computer and stealing my picks! He knows I always make perfect picks, then on gameday I always change them at the last minute and wreck all the picks! So he sneaks into my computer like the day BEFORE I make the changes (when they are all still perfect) and steals my pics. So, last week was about teaching Uffta a lesson, at the expense of my record! So I showed him! Bet he won't copy me agin! So Dan, the fingerprints on my crystal ball were Uffta's, but its taken care of as i said. Good look everybody, and for the record, I'm ready now for that next weekly win. Really.
                                Mike L

Comment

Working...