X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

2012 week 20 CC picks

Here are the Conference Championship Playoff picks. Since only 2 games were gonna pick the winner with a point spread too.

To explain the point spread pick, it works like this for this example game
    NE-3.5 @ NYG.
    NE is -3.5., which means NE is favored to win by al least 3.5 points. This means NE is giving the NYG 3.5 points. So whatever the final score is you either subtract 3.5 points from NE or add 3.5 points to the NYG.

So if the final score is NE 31-28, if you subtract 3.5 from NE it winds up NE 27.5 NYG 28 which means the NYG win the point spread pick. If you wanna add 3.5 points to the NYG score it winds up like this NYF 31.5 NE 31 which means the NYG win the point spread pick. If the final score is NE 35-28 then NE wins the point spread pick.

Like this for the pick with a team giving points
    jm1647,1cc SF-3.5 @ ATL,SF
    or like this for the pick with a team not giving points
    jm1647,1cc SF @ ATL,ATL

10 picks again with the 6 additional tie breaker team\yds to break a tie if needed.

Put your picks in a PM here to me, or if you can't PM here, email me or post a messaage to just me at the pool site. Make a post here that your picks were sent and where to so I can get them..

your name,1cc SF -3.5 @ ATL, spread pick winner
    your name,1cc1 SF @ ATL,winner,totalscore

Tie Breaker Game all must be either BAL or NE
    your name,2cc BAL @ NE-10.5 spread pick,winner
    your name,2cc1 BAL @ NE,winner,totalscore
    your name,2cc2 (2nd TB) Team with longest pass play and how long,team,yds
    your name,2cc3 (3rdTB) Team with longest running play and how long,team,yds
    your name,2cc4 (4th TB) Team with longest FG and how long,team,yds
    your name,2cc5 (5th TB) Team with longest Punt and how long,team,yds
    your name,2cc6 (6th TB) Team with longest KO return and how long,team,yds
    your name,2cc7 (7th TB) Team with longest Punt return and how long,team,yds

Change your name to the name you use (easiest way copy and paste the picks in a text editor like notepad, do a replace your name with the name you use, really gonna need it for the 23 SB picks), copy and paste a listed team you think is gonna win for each game over winner so they are all entered the same way, and enter a Total score over Totalscore. Then for the last game TBs enter a team listed,yds for each of the 6 how long tie breakers over the team,yds at the end.

Make sure what u enter is in between the commas and no spaces

First tie breaker is last game correct team\total score. The additional Tie Breakers for the week will be the last game listed correct team,yds 6 tie breakers, using 2,3,4,5,6,7 TB until the tie is broke. Closest wins over/under counts.Then if still a tie all tied get one point for the week.

Changing things up a little for the CCW games and for all the playoff games and SB's in the future .
    Anybody getting a correct team/total score or a correct team/yds gets an extra point. I thought of this because Dan nailed the longest pass/yds.in the NE game (he didn't get an extra point this week). If getting the correct team/total score gets 2 points (1 for correct team and 1 for correct total score) I figure it should be the same (2 points) for correct team/yds. All points earned will now go towards determining the weekly winner.

Date of games:
    1-20-13
    SF @ ATL 3:00PM Eastern time
    BAL @ NE 6:30PM Eastern time

Picks hafta be in by 1-20-13 2:00PM Eastern time

Good Luck To All!!!

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Thanks John. You're right, can't remember a better weekend of football in a long time.

Must say I was kind of expecting a Brady-Manning match up, but a rematch with the Ravens should be just as good.

Good luck in week 20!

Comment

• uufta
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Dec 2005

Since I lost my farm last week, I am betting the cardboard box I currently am residing in, and the view from the freeway overpass I am living under.

Comment

• jm1647
          • Apr 2005

2012 SB (Harbaugh Bowl) picks

Dan - you kicked booty in the playoffs

uufta - keep a lot of blankets under the overpass

Here are the picks:

In the SB the AFC team is the home team in even number years and the NFC is the home team in odd number years. BAL is the home team this year.

For just the team needed picks,enter either BAL or SF right after the comma at the end no space

For the picks with something in ( ) enter one of the choices listed, right after the comma at the end no space

For the team, total score and the 6 additional tie breaker team (either BAL or SF) and how long picks enter after the comma at the end like this NE,36 right after the comma at the end no space.

To explain the point spread pick, it works like this for this example game
          NE-3.5 @ NYG.
          NE is -3.5., which means NE is favored to win by al least 3.5 points. This means NE is giving the NYG 3.5 points. So whatever the final score is you either subtract 3.5 points from NE or add 3.5 points to the NYG.

So if the final score is NE 31-28, if you subtract 3.5 from NE it winds up NE 27.5 NYG 28 which means the NYG win the point spread pick. If you wanna add 3.5 points to the NYG score it winds up like this NYG 31.5 NE 31 which means the NYG win the point spread pick. If the final score is NE 35-28 then NE wins the point spread pick.,

SB XLVII
          Over or Under is 49.5 Point spread is SF -4.5
          Use BAL or SF for team

2/3/13 6:30PM ET SF (-4.5) @ BAL

name,PB00 Team to win game no point spread & total score,

name,PB01 Team to win game with point spread of SF -4.5,
          name,PB02 Total final score over or under 49.5 (O or U),
          name,PB03 Coin Toss - heads or tails (H or T),
          name,PB04 Team to win the coin toss,
          name,PB05 Team to receive the opening kickoff in the game,

name,PB06 Team to score first in the game,
          name,PB07 Team to score last in the game,
          name,PB08 Team that scores first will win the game (y or n),
          name,PB09 The first score of the game will be a (TD or FG or S),
          name,PB10 Team that scores last will win the game (y or n),

name,PB11 Team with first penalty,
          name,PB12 Team with first Coach's Challenge,
          name,PB13 Team with first regular time out,
          name,PB14 A team scores in the final 2 minutes 1st half (y or n),
          name,PB15 A team scores in the final 2 minutes of game (y or n),

name,PB16 Will there be overtime (y or n),
          name,PB17 (2ndTB) Team with longest pass play and how long,
          name,PB18 (3rd TB) Team with longest run play and how long,
          name,PB19 (4th TB) Team with longest FG and how long,
          name,PB20 (5th TB) Team with longest Punt and how long,

name,PB21 (6th TB) Team with longest KO return and how long,
          name,PB22 (7th TB) Team with longest Punt return and how long,

The first tie breaker is the correct team/total score.The additional tie breaker correct team/how longs of the picks, 6 of 'em. will be used for tie breakers as needed. Closest to the actual number whether over/under wins.

All picks go towards determing SB pick winner

get the picks to me by 1:00PM Sunday 2-3-13 - gonna be a crazy day

Good Luck to all
          Last edited by jm1647; 23 Jan 2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• uufta
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

I'm in, I hope, thanks for all your hard work again this year John

Congrats Dan for a great year, you never left much of a opening so anyone could squeeze in there, but again everyone was tough, see you next year I hope

Comment

• Tammie K
              • Sep 2010

Sb

I'm in, Go Niners

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by uufta
                I'm in, I hope, thanks for all your hard work again this year John .....
                Ah, a lil work never hurt nobody but don't tell Maynard G Crebbs that

Originally Posted by Tammie K
                I'm in, Go Niners
                Tammie check your email

I'll send/post the picks I get around 1:30PM today

Good Luck to all !!!!

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

SB XLVII Pick Results

Dan does it again! A clean sweep this year winning the regular season, playoffs and the SB picks

It was another crazy year of football!

Here are the SB pick results and gamebook
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Dan
                    Digital Video Master
                    Digital Video Master
                    • Dec 2005

Thanks John, it sure was a wild season, seems like they get better and better.
                    I was a little surprised by the SB, was close at the end though. Still questioning that hold/no hold near the end.

It was great playing with everyone again this year, hope to still you all back in September!

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Eagles coaching moves before and since Chip Kelly came 1-16-13

Originally Posted by Dan
                      Thanks John, it sure was a wild season, seems like they get better and better.
                      I was a little surprised by the SB, was close at the end though. Still questioning that hold/no hold near the end.

It was great playing with everyone again this year, hope to still you all back in September!

Close at the end is right. The Ravens D was great and the 49'ers are going to think about the play calling on that 1st and goal at the 7 yd line for a long time.

Like I say no players no pool. If I'm breathing there will be a pool again next year Gonna change things up again, now that I understand the finances more, stay tuned.

Eagles coaching moves before and since Chip Kelly was hired 1-16-13
                      Andy Reid took 9 guys to KC before Kelly came.
                      Guys Kelly kept but moved to different position in bold (only 2)

Duce Staley Special Teams Quality Control 2nd year in Philadelphia here – running backs
                      Ted Williams Running Backs 18th year in Philadelphia here – tight ends

Rick Burkholder Head Athletic Trainer 14th year in Philadelphia here?
                      Juan Castillo Defensive Coordinator 10/16/12 relieved
                      Jim Washburn Defensive Line 12/03/12 relieved
                      Andy Reid Head Coach 12/31/12 relieved
                      Bob April Defensive Quality Control 02/08/13 replaced
                      Michael Zordich Secondary/Safeties 02/08/13 replaced
                      Howard Mudd Offensive Line replaced Castillo 2011 2 years in Philadelphia retired
                      Todd Bowles Secondary / moved to replace Castillo 01/21/13 went to Arizona
                      Mike Caldwell Linebackers 01/24/13 went to Arizona
                      Marty Mornhinweg Asst. Head Coach/Off Coord 01/24/13 went to Jets
                      Tommy Brasher Defensive Line replaced Washburn 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Travis Crittenden assistant strength and conditioning coach 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      David Culley Sr. Offensive Asst/Receivers 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Mike Frazier statistical analytics coordinator 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Corey Matthae assistant head coach / wide receivers 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Tom Melvin Tight Ends 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Matt Nagy Offensive Quality Control 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Doug Pederson Quarterbacks 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Barry Rubin Head Strength & Conditioning 01/11/13 went to KC with Reid
                      Bobby April Special Teams Coordinator 01/19/13 went to Oakland

Chip Kelly hired 1-16-13 annoounced his staff 2-8-13

Only 2 coaches left from the Andy Reid era

Todd Lyght Assistant Defensive Backs
                      Erik Chinader Assistant Defensive Line
                      Jerry Azzinaro Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Line
                      Greg Austin Assistant Offensive Line
                      Matt Harper Assistant Special Teams
                      Justin Peelle Assistant Tight Ends
                      John Lovett Defensive Backs
                      Bill Davis Defensive Coordinator
                      Mike Dawson Defensive Quality Control
                      Chip Kelly Head Coach
                      Rick Minter Inside Linebackers
                      Pat Shurmur Offensive Coordinator
                      Jeff Stoutland Offensive Line
                      Press Taylor Offensive Quality Control
                      Bill McGovern Outside Linebackers
                      Bill Lazor Quarterbacks
                      Duce Staley Running Backs
                      Dave Fipp Special Teams Coordinator
                      Shaun Huls Sports Science Coordinator
                      Josh Hingst Strength And Conditioning
                      Ted Williams Tight Ends
                      Bob Bicknell Wide Receivers

Gotta feelin' there is gonna be a sizable player roster change also

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

Chip Kelly wanted Michael Vick to stay

Yup Michael Vick is staying with the Eagles for at least another year after reconstructing his contract. He was due $15+ million for 2013 and had 2 more years after that. Vick wanted to stay in Philly and Kelly wanted him to stay. I didn't think Vick would redo his contract and that the Eagles would not keep him for the 3 years left on his contract for megabucks. When the time came for the Eagles to let him go and not cost them too much if another team signed him, they kept him and $3M kicked in. Then he restructured his contract to stay in Philly for a possible measly $10M (including incentives) for a 1 year deal.

Vick has been around so long I thought he was older than dirt (he is going to be 33 this year ) Heard on the news conference Kelly had about the new staff and Vick signing, that Vick is 8 months younger than Tony Romo and 6 months older than Eli Manning.

Kelly had coached against Nick Foles's team for 3 years and Kelly likes him too. Kelly said both will compete for the starting job, but that anything is possible by September because he wants to put the best players he can get on the field.

Can't wait til the season starts

Comment

• jm1647
                          • Apr 2005

Eagles add another QB

Eagles signed QB Dennis Dixon for a 2 year deal from Ravens practice squad. Dixon played for Kelly his senior year at Oregon when Kelly was Offensive Coordinator and was in the running for the Heisman before he tore his ACL in the 10th game in 2007, still got 17 votes for Heisman.

Drafted by the Steelers in the 5th round and with them 2008 - 2011 behind Big Ben then tore his meniscus in the week 2 game of 2001 and went on IR and wound up the practice squad QB for the Ravens in 2012.

Gonna be interesting

Comment

• jm1647
                            • Apr 2005

2013 season almost here! Who's gonna play in the pool?

A topic was started on the pool site and an email shoulda went to the email address used by everybody last year to everyone that played last year, Your user name and password from last year are still good. Lemme know who is gonna play.

Things in Philly haven't been dull, new head coach Chip Kelly and all new assistant coaches except 2. 26 of 76 players that were here when Kelly arrived hqve gone bye-bye and he drafted and brought in a bunch to bring the roster up to 90 QB controversy, Cooper dropped the n-bomb, 3 players tore their ACL in camp (Maclin, Benn and Philips) and hamstring pulls like crazy too

Comment

• jm1647
                              • Apr 2005

2013 season almost here!

Regular season is coming up fast, first game is Thursday Night September 5th 8:30PM ET Ravens @ Broncos.

Me and uufta so far in the pool

Comment

• jm1647
                                • Apr 2005

2013 pool and season

Looks like only me, uufta and Tammie so far in the pool.

Season starts 9-5-13 with a Thursday Night Game

Comment

Working...