Thanks Soup

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
            Sunday, Jan. 22

AFC -- Pittsburgh at Denver 24-21 A Pennsy team in the SB and a Ring for the Bus

NFC -- Carolina at Seattle 21-20

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

Steelers win they are the AFC Champions and they are going to the Super Bowl

I hope they win for the Bus he has paid his dues
              Last edited by BR7; 23 Jan 2006, 06:42 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• DAFT
                Slightly Stupid
                • Aug 2004

the second I can give you some points you got them BR7, your boys put on a commanding show today and the only thing that doesn't make them a lock in my mind is the obliteration of the Car team to the Seahawks. Since when does Sea have a defense? I found the game hard to watch and at full strength these two teams look to be setting up a very entertaining SB for once,I always hated the one sided games of past. Best game in my mind is the Jan. 27, 1991 Giants/ Bills game. I actually prayed in front of the TV for the Buf kicker to miss the FG and it worked thus convincing me of the existance of god and his love of Vegas odds makers. I really have no way of calling this game but part of me wants SEA since they have no SB's but the other side says Bettis is due. We all know he's a lock on the HOF but he would get in on the first try if he gets the ring. Thank god I have 2 weeks to think it over and try on jerseys for picture day. Ok I'm out of thoughts on this for now but guys, Baseball seasons almost here so we could pick lines on games if you get the itch otherwise I'm out for now.
                ps if you wat other SB scores or highlights here's a link. http://www.superbowl.com/history/recaps
                Last edited by DAFT; 23 Jan 2006, 09:13 PM.
                Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

I agree with you 100% DAFT I think this years Super Bowl has the makings of a good one it should be a hard fought smash mouth game.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• BR7
                    • Aug 2005

I thought this was interesting
                    Top 5 goats in Super Bowl history:

1. Scott Norwood

All right, so maybe it isn't fair to list a kicker No. 1. Then again, it's not like his Bills teammates asked Norwood to make any tackles or throw any touchdown passes in Super Bowl XXV. Fact is, kickers aren't ever supposed to pick up the ball in the Super Bowl. Just ask Garo Yepremian.
                    No, Norwood's only task was to drill a 47-yard field goal with four seconds to play that would have given the Bills their first Super Bowl victory. Fourteen years later, they're still waiting for that elusive win.

The kick sailed wide right, landing Norwood in the history books. If only the Bills could have won the next year or the year after. But no. Norwood's pain grew more excruciating when Buffalo lost the next three Super Bowls by scores of 37-24, 52-17 and 30-13.

Moral to the story: When you have a chance to win the Super Bowl, you've got to cash in. Because you may never get another opportunity.

2. Thurman Thomas

What do you mean we're piling on the Bills? No way. I love Buffalo. Why, I've had so many chicken wings at the Anchor Bar, I've grown feathers.

It's just that Thomas's screw-up was so infamous, so monumental, so hysterical, he's got to be No. 2. With apologies to Yepremian, Thomas may have given the world the funniest moment in Super Bowl history.

Thomas spent most of the week before Super Bowl XXVI telling everyone that he didn't get enough respect, that he should be mentioned in the same breath with the great running backs in NFL history. When game time rolled around, he spent most of the Bills' first offensive series looking for his helmet.

All right, wise guy, who's the klepto who stole Thurman's lid? The scene has gone down in infamy in Super Bowl annals. To this day, Buffalo fans suspect Bluto and Flounder pulled off the caper, but we may never know. It remains one of the Super Bowl's great mysteries, along with Dan Reeves' game plans for Super Bowls XXI, XXII and XXIV.

3. Fred Williamson

The younger generation may not recognize the name, but here's all you need to know: Williamson, a hard-hitting defensive back for the Chiefs, was the first trash talker in Super Bowl history.
                    He had this catchy nickname, The Hammer, derived from his penchant for whacking receivers with a forearm. He spent the days preceding Super Bowl I vowing to nail the Packers. The overrated, underachieving Packers. The three-time NFL champion Packers.

''I'm going to lay a few hammers on them,'' said Williamson. ''They're going to go back to the huddle with their heads ringing.''

Who knows? Maybe The Hammer would have followed through with his prediction. Trouble was, he was knocked unconscious by the fourth quarter. Not that the Packers got wind of Williamson's comments, but, as he lay out cold on the Los Angeles Coliseum field, Fuzzy Thurston stood over him humming ''If I Had A Hammer.''

4. Earl Morrall

Joe Namath guaranteed the Jets would win Super Bowl III. If we had known how badly Morrall was going to play, maybe somebody would have believed him.

The Colts had dominated the NFL in 1968, thanks in large part to Morrall, a career backup who emerged into the league's MVP after an injury sidelined Johnny Unitas. The Jets? They were the best team in some nickel-and-dime operation called the American Football League.

You know the rest of the story. Broadway Joe remains a legend to this day, so much so that he fully expected ESPN's Suzy Kolber to play tongue tag with him on the sideline during a game last season.

Morrall? He completed 6 of 17 passes for 71 yards and suffered three interceptions. By the time the Colts won their first Super Bowl two years later, they had joined the Jets in the AFC.

5. Fran Tarkenton

If it hadn't been for those annoying teams in the AFC, Tarkenton would be known as the greatest quarterback that ever was.

When he retired after the 1978 season, he held NFL records for passing attempts, completions, yardage and touchdowns. Not only that, he played in three Super Bowls in the span of four years.
                    He just didn't win one.

Before Jim Kelly came along and lost four straight Super Bowls, Tarkenton was the Quarterback Who Couldn't Win The Big One. He was Sinatra during the season, but, when January rolled around, he turned into Weird Al Jankovic. Tarkenton lost Super Bowls VIII, IX and XI, during which he combined for one touchdown pass and six interceptions.

How integral is winning the Super Bowl in determining a player's legacy? Look no farther than Tarkenton. He had all those records and played in all those Super Bowl appearances, but had to wait eight years before being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Jim Armstrong The Denver Post.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

Good luck in the Super Bowl this weekend BR7.

Comment

• Bella'sDaddy
                        Texas Longhorns are #1
                        • Nov 2005

Who will win this years SB: Pittsburgh or Seattle? over or under?
                        Michael

"It's time for a new era in Texans football, draft Vince Young!"

Comment

• NightbladeXX
                          Digital Putz
                          • Jan 2006

Steelers (-4.5) 28 - 10/14 Seahackers (+4.5)

ol' JB will have 100 yards / 2 TDs
                          S Alex will be limited to under 90 yards / 1TD

BR will have over 200 yards / 2 TD's one to Heath Miller and one to Ward or Wilson
                          Hasselbackfin will see ol TP43 and JP55 way too much for his liking

BR will have a Pass TD on the first or second drive

Seattle will score in the first half

Then game over for em

nB

Hey Matt, watch out for this guy, hehehehe....
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NightbladeXX; 2 Feb 2006, 10:04 AM.

http://www.steelers.com/

AMD FX-62 @3.2GHz
                          2GB of Corsair XMS 4-4-4-12 @ 860 MHz soon to be 4GB
                          MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590 SLI
                          nVidia 8800 GTS 320 MB
                          650W PSU + 465W (external)
                          6 WD HD's 2x500, 2x320, 250, and 36GB Raptor + 200 External for Vista HP back ups
                          LG DVD+RW
                          Koolance EXOS Coolant System
                          Buffalo Link Station Live 500GB NAS
                          Dual Acer 2223's (22") Monitors
                          Antec 900 Case custom painted interior black w/ 4 120mm blue fans + 200mm top vent
                          Vista Home Premium 32 bit
                          Vista Ultimate 64 bit (new)
                          XP Professional 32 bit
                          Ubuntu 7.04

Comment

• BR7
                            • Aug 2005

I think it will be a close game but I do think Heath Miller will play a big part in the Steeler gameplan they haven't used him as much as they should all season and I have a feeling that's about to change and Heath Miller is going to have his best game of the year .The D will have to come up big also

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• DAFT
                              Slightly Stupid
                              • Aug 2004

ok ok so I've left this to last minute and still have my doubts.
                              I say Seahawks scrape past the Steel 32-31. I have been known to be a jinks for picking teams so I hope this helps you BR7. let me know the totals for this season so I can get some pics up.
                              Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
                              I'm Watching You!!!

Comment

• Gary D
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Dec 2005

Undecided!

I wish the Seahawks would win for Olgrems' sake (2teams=2 super bowls)

If I was betting, I say Pittsburgh because of the "D"

And I was hoping it would have been the "Pack"

So let us enyoy THE only GAME in he world!
                                Gary D

Comment

Working...