Microsoft: Windows XP Home: obsolete sooner than you expect !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndianPrincess
    Wild~N~Crazy
    • Dec 2005

@ atfish; that totally sucks. I think Microsoft is just doing that so people will but the new version.

Seems like everytime we get used to system we have the go and come out with something new.

Although on of the IT techs and the collegs got to to a trial with the new system and he said that it has some really good security features. Turns out some of the computer students hacked into the deans files and got caught. So now campus is upgrading
    IndianPrincess

Smile and the world smiles with you.
    sigpic

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

Microsoft has quietly extended the support lifespan of Windows XP Home, which as recently as last week was scheduled to be put out to pasture at the end of this year.

Analysts had pointed out that XP Home, and most other XP operating systems, would be cut off from technical support on Dec. 31, 2006, a potential problem since XP's successor, Windows Vista, isn't to release until shortly before that date

In a blog written last Wednesday, JupiterResearch analyst Joe Wilcox put the blame at Windows Vista's door. "It's more a problem of product delays, that Microsoft repeatedly delayed release of Windows Vista," he wrote.

In an updated support lifecycle listing, Microsoft said that all Windows XP products--which include Home, Pro, Embedded, Media Center, and Tablet PC--will enjoy mainstream support for "two years after the next version of this product is released."

Assuming Vista releases in November of this year, XP's mainstream support will end November, 2008.

@ atfish; that totally sucks. I think Microsoft is just doing that so people will but the new version.
      @ IndianPrincess, guess that sucks little less now
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Heh I normally don't care about updates one way or the other. Last useful one I got was SP2. I have all those Hotfixes... never done a danged thing for me. At least I don't have that latest malware prog going around that some of you guys commented on (Oh yeah - I remembered the name - SpyAxe)
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...