X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Which Country Would It Be?

It is obvious we live where we live & I for one have absolutely no regrets living in a great country like Canada.My question, is there another country you have given serious or even a slight thought to living in?It could even be one that you would like to visit but have never had the chance for one reason or another.

• anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

when i travel, i won't spend much time in the city-- every country has tall buildings, restaurants, hotels, etc.

its the nature/culture i'd like to experience and remember for the rest of my life. that said, i love new zealand; lived there for a while & still visit.

but places i would really like to go are rome and london. canada would be on the list too-- seems like a very peaceful place
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

La Belle France for its grand vins.

And Germany cos there's no speed limit on the Autobahns.

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

In the early 2000, I used to think of USA, then in the 2004, I started thinking about New Zealand seriously, but didnt work.

I wish to visit most cities in this world, including the Nordic countries and have seen some of them till now(Paris, Brussels, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur) but there still a lot to see and enjoy!!!

Comment

• Raven386
          • Nov 2005

Australia... or Italy dont know yet. most likely Australia. anything there a definate must-see blu?
          Last edited by Raven386; 18 Feb 2006, 01:26 AM.
          Not a member? Sign Up Here

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

Right now I'll take any warm country. A country with just one season... Summer!!!
            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Raven386
              • Nov 2005

You dont love the ice hanging from your nose when you step outside? and then when it was 90 degrees out everday would you wish you were in a country where it wasnt so hot everyday?
              Not a member? Sign Up Here

Comment

• Jack Lurker
                Oh Bugger! It's bust again!
                • Jun 2005

I want to visit South Africa just to see some really big Great Whites, but I would definetley like to retire to Key West. I went there a few years ago and found my spiritual home. A few beers at Sloppy Joes and then out to sea to do a bit of fishing. Bliss!
                Jack

The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!
                You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
                There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

• uufta
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Dec 2005

Iceland.....has to be warmer than this!

gc

Comment

• Derree
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Jul 2005

I would love to at least vist Japan I think it would be a great place to live cause they are so strange there lol but I think that I would pick Blooies home land cause at least we almost speak the language
                    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                    good
                    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Chizzmo
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Nov 2005

I would think Greece would be a great place to atleast visit and if I had the opportunity Brazil would be on my short list too
                      Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

yeah Japan cuz it's the home of Nintendo, and Pokémon, my favorite cartoon show/animé, and because Japan's the home of all the futuristic hi-tech gadgets

Too bad I don't know Japanese tho, just English, and whatever Spanish I learn in school. England seems like a good place too.
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                        My DVD Collection

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

Well ever since I was a kid which was a long time ago,I have always had a hankering to see Australia & then Quigley Down Under just put it right over the top.I do have relatives there but lost touch a long time ago,no computers then.If I ever get lucky enough to do this though there would have be a whole pile more shrimp put on the barby.
                          Germany-currywurst,bratwurst & frikadela mit senf.
                          New Zealand-leg of lamb.
                          Japan-try some of that kobi beef.
                          France-pastries.
                          Italy-anything but pizza & some lemonchello.
                          Belgium & Switzerland-chocolate.
                          Good old Blighty-if there are any fish & chip shops left,haggis,black puddin,white puddin(mealy puddin) & maybe even some cod roe.Walnut whips,99's etc.
                          I haven't even got to beer yet,I thought I would wait until the youngster's are in bed.If I have missed anything,please feel free to add.Oh & Scandinavia (around that area for scenery).Might as well do a bit of sightseeing while I am eating.
                          I nearly forgot & especially after chewy's recipe a little while ago.The good old US of A- chicken & ribs.
                          Last edited by soup; 18 Feb 2006, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Zero G
                            Next to Arch Stanton
                            • Jan 2006

Now I'm real hungry!
                            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• geno888
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Zero G
                              Right now I'll take any warm country. A country with just one season... Summer!!!
                              Ditto, ditto, ditto, and ditto!

I vote for Hawaii

Comment

Working...