X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Bought a New DVD Recorder / VCR Combo

I recently bought a fairly expensive DVD Recorder, which sucked as it wouldn't record to any of my blank media. Well, I needed to get my wedding video which was on VHS to DVD so today I just went out and bought the cheapest one at BestBuy.

Its a "Insignia" brand. I was up and running in 5 minutes, and it works with all my disc's. Even CMC MAGS I had laying around. I paid $159 for it at BestBuy with a coupon I had.

Here is the one I bought: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1134701665694

I am seriously contemplating on keeping it.
    Last edited by jmet; 23 May 2006, 03:32 PM.
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Good Luck with it jmet !!! I have a standalone DVD Recorder and love it!!!! Xferring VHS tapes to DVD, output from Video cameras, burning TV shows, backing up scratched DVD's that can't be exchanged or ripped in the PC but play ok in a standalone player.

Comment

• floresdave
      results may vary
      • Mar 2006

just bought a Lite-on stand alone dvd recorder for 119 at costco works great. very impressed at menu options. takes all the hassle out of transfering mini dv tapes. The one i bought only has single layer capability. they had a panasonic for 289 that would do dual layer and had an SD card reader but didn't seem worth the extra money.
      Coincendentally transfering my wedding video from three years ago to dvd was primary reason.

BTW congrats JMET

Comment

Working...