X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Missing USB Drive Mystery Solved - they ain't sending it

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=550 colSpan=3 height=20></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=20></TD><TD vAlign=top width=510><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=550 colSpan=2>Thank you for your interest in the Mystery Solved Windows® licensing promotion. We've received your request for more information to help clarify Microsoft® Windows Desktop Licensing pre-loaded on the USB drive. Unfortunately, this Mystery Solved promotion was available in the U.S. only and while supplies last.

Please utilize the online alternative today, by simply downloading* the Windows Desktop Licensing reference files directly at:

www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

To help simplify Windows Desktop Licensing, keep these points in mind:

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=35 height=25> </TD><TD vAlign=top>There are two legal ways to acquire a full Windows Desktop license: through your hardware vendor (OEM/System Builder) or Full Packaged Product.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=35 height=25> </TD><TD vAlign=top>Volume licensing covers Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=35 height=25> </TD><TD vAlign=top>OEM operating system licenses live and die with each PC–they are not transferable.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=550 colSpan=2>
    Again, thank you for your interest in Mystery Solved and for helping us spread the word about proper Windows licensing.

Sincerely,
    Microsoft Corporation
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top width=20></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=550 colSpan=3 height=20></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=20></TD><TD vAlign=top width=510>
    *Internet connect time charges may apply. Offer available through June 30, 2006.

© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
    </TD><TD vAlign=top width=20></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Total ar$eholes

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

• Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

bill didn't make his billions by being benevolent

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

I forgot all about that, it's been so long! Of course it says "while supplies last", I wonder who the lucky person is that actually received one,lol.

Thanks for the update!

Comment

• codajohn
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2005

Probably some person running Mac.
        CJ
        My DVD Collection
        Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
          bill didn't make his billions by being benevolent
          and to think he was recently quoted as saying "i wish i didn't have so much money"

bloody crook.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

with all his lawsuits worldwide his legal bills take care of some of it, but
            he hardly ever gets nailed, "what's good for microsoft is good for the world"

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

I got that same email today I should have known it was to good to be true

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

Same here...
                Should I call and ask where they all went?
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                My DVD Collection

Comment

• Dan
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                  Same here...
                  Should I call and ask where they all went?
                  Yeah, call and bug the sh*t outta them! I doubt you would even get to talk to a real person though, LOL.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                    NOT an online superstore
                    • Oct 2005

There is a way to, I read it on this site on "how to get to real people" over the phone
                    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                    Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Zero G
                      Next to Arch Stanton
                      • Jan 2006

Well I just got my email too. Same one btw. It was in my junk mail folder.
                      "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                        NOT an online superstore
                        • Oct 2005

This is from a local Detroit radio station, it is how to get to a human on the phone. Last time I checked, Microsoft was there
                        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Nov 2004

I got the same email. THIS IS BULL****!!! I AM GOING TO FIND A LAW FIRM THAT WILL START A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THAT BASTARD. I DON'T GIVE-A-DAMN IF I DON'T GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT. AS LONG AS THAT BITCH-BOY GATES HAS TO SPEND MONEY DEFENDING HIMSELF!

Comment

• Mig$y
                            Retired
                            • Jan 2004

What a bunch of

Comment

• anonymez
                              Super Moderator
                              • Mar 2004

got the email too. bastards
                              "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...