Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
    Sure isCan't make a good salsa with out it
    Where's the onions?
    CJ
    My DVD Collection
    Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• BR7
      He is coming to your little town!
      • Aug 2005

LOL they are in the front unfortionatly they didn't make the picture

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

@BR7

talked to an old farmer who lived right around the mushroom plant, he grew onions in a 4 " layer of well aged compost(natural), said they looked and tasted like the walla walla giants

read a story in OGF long ago about an old farmer on sand mt ala that grew
        the biggest(60-75lb) best watermelons, asked his secret he said I just grown them in the same spot my great grandfather(+100years of generations)
        it's where we clean the mule manure out of the barn.

Comment

• BR7
          • Aug 2005

I don't doubt the manure method but it's hard to know what's 100% natural especially in stores there are some many rules for health standards you just don't now what goodies they took out do to health laws.As far as getting it from a farmer that's not such a great choice either they pump these animals with so many chemicals to speed up the growth process so they can get them to market as fast as possible.I feel a little better about the compost I get because I know it's 100% natural a good friend of mine owns a land fill and he makes it out off all the leaves,grass and twigs he gets from the great people of Sioux City.As for the watermelon I use the same method of growing it in sand I dug out a good sized hole and filled it with sand this year was the first year I didn't grow watermelon but I did grow cantaloupe
          Last edited by BR7; 18 Jul 2006, 02:54 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

the natural compost is shipped in from the horse farms(manure and straw)
            up in KY, those thorobreds eat pretty good, the synthetic stuff is still clean since mushrooms are senstive to chemical contamination.

look for a horse stable, nobody pumps flicka with a lot of hormones and chemicals

Comment

• BR7
              • Aug 2005

Got ya I will look around here for flickas home I will have to add at the end of this season

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

As landfills become full, the compost business can be lucrative, people in higher density areas pay to dump their yard waste then return and buy it back.

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

The guy that owns the landfill has been a friend of mine since childhood he inherited the business from his dad a few years back he gives me a good price for compost he also owns one of the major construction companies around here

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• codajohn
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Jul 2005

Any of you guys use chicken sh-t. I used it years ago with Impassions. Man you should of seen this 3' wide by 50' long run. Went up the side of a driveway. Beautiful.
                    The rabbits showed up, and it all went to hell. Now we plant in pots. No more in the ground.
                    CJ
                    My DVD Collection

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

I might have to give that a try I never used chicken sh-t before.As for a rabbit problem I pluck them little bastards off and throw them in the freezer I love rabbit stew

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

First time I grew tomatos, planted in may in lots of fresh chicken manure.
                        They just set there, (manure too strong) for months, barely grew, I moved at end of July, later a girl from the neighborhood said they started growing like crazy and had tomatos all thru sept and oct till frost.

Comment

• jm1647
                          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                          • Apr 2005

And if ya live near a barber shop or a beauty parlor hair is a great source of nitrogen for growing stuff that likes it.

Comment

• codajohn
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Jul 2005

@BR7 here in suburban N.J. the use of firearms is strictly prohibited. The Hawk population has been making a come back. I'm hoping they get those rat bastards.
                            @Chewy Maybe it (chicken) works better on flowers?
                            @jm1647 I always knew that about hair. I never asked my barber because I didn't want to be looked at like I was strange. It (hair) supposedly works to keep away deer and rabbits.
                            CJ
                            My DVD Collection

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

You can buy coyote piss to keep away deer and rabbit also Don't put on your plants use it a long the border or your fence line
                              As for rabbits I can shot them here because I am outside city limits
                              Last edited by BR7; 19 Jul 2006, 05:08 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• uufta
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Dec 2005

Pied Piper..

Comment

Working...