X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

How to kill bees

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly
  • smkymntgrl
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Feb 2005

We had something like that happen last year. Although we did not try to burn down the neighborhood to kill them. They did the same thing in a tree right by my pond. It looked like a giant hive, bees all clumped together as big as a basketball. It freaked me out!

Called the local cops and since we live real close to a park & ball field where there's lots of kids, they called a bee keeper. This all took a while and then a couple of hours later, before the bee keeper arrived, they all just left....... Kind of strange!!!
    Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
    Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
    READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
    - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

when I was a kid we had a wild hive swarm(when they clone their hives)
      new queen leaves and takes some of the workers with her, they decided to spend the evening in a tree right next to our house, my dad called a local beekeeper, he came right over with a smoker and a hive box, 30 minutes later
      they were gone and he had another valuable hive of bees.

honey has gone out of sight lately

Comment

• smkymntgrl
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy

honey has gone out of sight lately
        Isn't there something going on with a lack of bees? I remember reading about the lack of bees and how it would effect certain crops of fruit and such as the bees wouldn't be pollinating the plants as much.

Maybe that's why honey is pricey right now.

Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
        Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
        READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
        - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

I watched my neighbor....er *exterminate* some yellow jackets in his front yard one time. Yellow Jackets are like a mean ass honey bee that are 2-3 times larger and live in the ground. It was a hot sunny summer afternoon approximately 12:30 PM, probably about 90 degrees with 100% humidity. I noticed my neighbor was wearing a full face motorcycle helmet, jeans and a leather jacket and decided to investigate....especially because he was standing in his front yard holding a 5 gallon gas can and he doesn't own a motorcycle. I watched from afar as he proceeded to pour the contents of the gas can into a hole in the ground...I noticed at this time a few bees beginning to swarm. He tosses the gas can and whips out the matches...I'm thinking "oh sh!t!" and go stand behind my car. The first match did the trick and must have been a direct hit because a ball of fire rose up into the air and the included explosion rocked the whole cul-de-sac. He jumped about 10 foot in the air and I jumped about 5 foot...LOL This hole in the ground became the local neighborhood flame thrower for the next 30 minutes and was still smoldering with little bursts of flames from time to time the next morning. But the bees were no where to be seen.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

all it takes is 1/2 cambells soup can of gas at dusk/twilight after they have all returned to the nest, watch out for the lone sentry tho

source: phd entomologist

do not light the gas

Comment

• Aegmorgil
              • Nov 2005

I found that out when I was a kid by process of elimination on wasps. Ran out of sprayable chemicals in Dad's garage and had to improvise. I used a beer can cut in half, myself. Killed them faster than friggin' Raid!!

For the love of God, do NOT light the gas!!

Comment

• doctorhardware
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2006

But it just frigging fun as hell. The best thing is I still have all my fingers, toes and eyes. You have to respect the chemicals that you are playing with.
                Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

Hi Loco,

I just want to know where in the world you find these Articles or Sites?
                  I wonder why someone would come up with a Site called "SomethingAwful" ... hey but it is fun reading.

Loco ... I wonder why I don't have "Fun" neighbors like yours ... you know the guy that has no mortocycle ...

Man, I was rolling and tossing while I was reading your post ... you are a funny guy and writer ... Have you considered a career or side business in writing "Comedy".

G!

Comment

• locoeng
                    Who Farted?
                    • Dec 2005

Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...