X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rosariorose9
    Just trying to learn...
    • Jan 2007

Is this forum kaput?

No responses for over a month to issues raised by newbies. Questions concerning taboo subjects (Shrink) left un-chastised. Chewbaca m.i.a...... What's happening? Has the ?????
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

I've moved the thread to off topics.

The forum is currently not very active, partly due to some issues with Google referrals, and this creates a vicious circle, in that the lack of new posts means some regulars are visiting less often, and so when there are new posts, they're not always dealt with promptly.

I've been meaning to make some improvements in this regards, but also haven't had the time myself as I'm busy with a couple of other projects atm. Hopefully, I will get some spare time in a month or two to take care of this, and who knows, maybe the Google problem will have cleared up by then.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• ursimrankhanna
      • Jul 2010

Hi,
      don't worry its start soon.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

It raises a good point of what happened to many of our regular mod's.

Chewy used to basically live here and all of the sudden nothing posted in many month's.

Same with Lt Columbo and really more. I understand the members with the rules change, but the mod in activity was surprising.

Just a little info. I have done 3 builds now. None of which I would of even had the confidence or knowledge to do without Chewy's teachings and guidance.

I have learned from other's too, but that is a big one in my life.

Comment

• rosariorose9
          Just trying to learn...
          • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by burrell84601
          ...Just a little info. I have done 3 builds now. None of which I would of even had the confidence or knowledge to do without Chewy's teachings and guidance.

I have learned from other's too, but that is a big one in my life.
          Me too. Chewy really has taught me everything I know about burning, and this forum has been invaluable to me. Hopefully the Google problem, and whatever other issues are resulting in the radically decreased traffic here, will be resolved soon...

Comment

• PurpleDemon
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2006

I saw a few posts from him this week. I am glad he is back.

Comment

• doctorhardware
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2006

The reason why I have not been around a lot lately is 1) the hard drive in my laptop crashed and 2) looking at houses down south, like Tennessee, Kentucky, northern Georgia. I am done with living in Illinois the state is too corrupt and the taxes are way too high. My taxes are over $5K. In the states that we are looking the house taxes are around $800 dollars a year, and that is houses that are on like 20 acres or more.
              Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• abobader
                • Jul 2002

Since 2002 I been only reading the forum, sure need to be active more tho

Comment

Working...