• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XBucklawX
    • Mar 2003

Color Bleeding Problem with capture

hey guys !
    a few questions here !

1) My finished dvd that i create has the colors all screwed up !
    It looks great during capture, looks great after capture when played on my computer, but when i play it on my standalone DVD player, the colors are very bright ! The blues are very blue, and the red's are almost hot pink ! any ideas????
    I'm using WinDVr to create mpeg-2 files ! Then i convert that created mpeg-2 with Tmpeg DVD author !
    Is that the right way of going about it? I tried the .avi way, but had no success and I have limited disk space. 10 g's

2) Is there such a program called DVD calculator? which shows you what you should encode a file for a certain amount of time. I know there's one for Divx, is there one for dvd capturing? LIke if you put in the length of the capture, and the disk(s) you want to put it on, it should show you the bitrate to encode so that it fits on the desired disk(s)?

3) Back to question 1, i capture using an ATI TV WONDER, at 720 X 480, and i use WinDVr to make ntsc dvd mpeg-2, at 6000 ! Is that the highest quality i can go for encoding? Should i then transfer that created mpeg-2 to TMPEG ENc and encode as a dvd?
    I captured it as a dvd mpeg-2, so shouldn't that do?

sorry for all the questions at once, just a little confused here !

any help would be greatly appreciated
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"when i play it on my standalone DVD player, the colors are very bright ! The blues are very blue, and the red's are almost hot pink ! any ideas????"

Reduce the color (saturation) on your television...

(It's very rare that the color saturation on your monitor will match the color saturation of your television. It's even more unlikely that the color saturation of a television broadcast signal will match the color saturation of a DVD)

Comment

Working...