After vob to mpeg transfer, why is the transfer back to vob. so large using DVD autho

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davincioso
    • Sep 2003

After vob to mpeg transfer, why is the transfer back to vob. so large using DVD autho

I am experimenting,

want to know why, say when i transer/encode vob files into much smaller mpeg files with a program like lets say DVD Shrink/Nero Express, why is the transfer back to vob files with a DVD authoring program like lets say NeroVison, so large?

I tried a normal size dvd (under 120 min.) and encoded the vob files (approx. size=over 7gb) transferred into 3 mpeg files (wmp files) that were approx. only 1gb each. When i try to burn them onto a dvd, the damn thing wont fit........

.........i'm a little frustrated......will someone help?
  • littlemouse
    Setaeriper
    • Aug 2003

Why you try to do many works ? DVD Shrink can not create mpeg files!!! Where did you get that information ?
    If you have a normal DVD, you can use DVD Shrink to shrink the DVD to fit in one DVD+R or DVD-R. You don't need to make mpeg files for this purpose.
    And if you have mpeg files too big, you can use Ulead VideoStudio to create a smaller mpeg file, then make DVD with it (or with any other authoring program such as Sonic MyDVD, Ulead DVD MovieFactory, etc...) When you have the DVD files in your hard-drive, if it bigger than 4.7GB, then use DVD Shrink to shrink it down to 4.7GB, and burn it using Nero or any other program.
    I don't know why you tried to do back and forward with DVD movies. Try to do as simple as you can to save time.
    Those who can, do. Those who wonder why, help.
    Where can you find the best DVD backup software? Please click here

Comment

Working...