Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagle81
    • Oct 2003

Screen freezes at a chapter piont

I have a problem adding chapters to a dvd with a menu structure. I've made some vob files with roxio easy dvd creator, and a menu with several submenus.

Then i used TPMGEnc Dvd Author to make chapters. (Its not possible to do this in Easy dvd creator). then i copied the new vob and ifo files to the original directory, wich contains the menu i've made. I also altert the Video_ts.ifo file with ifoedit in order to have the chapters.

i've changed the line:
    Title 3: VTS_03_*,TTN_1(Angles:1)(Chapters:1)(Start Sector 1602)

to

Title 3: VTS_03_*,TTN_1(Angles:1)(Chapters:20)(Start Sector 1602)

Now i do have chapters, but when i watch the movie on a dvd player, the screen freezes for about a second at every chater piont. Does anybody know what im doing wrong?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Why not simply load the .VOB into TPMGEnc Dvd Author - and use TPMGEnc Dvd Author to make your menu(s) and chapters?

You'll then have no need to alter .IFOs, as TMPGEnc DVD Author will create the complete DVD "package" for you - and burn it for you as well, if you're O/S is either WinXP or Win2000

Comment

• Eagle81
      • Oct 2003

Hi setarip, thanx for replying.

I will probably use the TMPGEnc dvd Author menu structure, if i cant solve this problem.

The thing is that i can't seem to make Sub-menus in TMPGEnc dvd Author. I would like to make a dvd with several video files, and a menu so i can choose. I'm not sure this is possible in TMPG Dvd Author.

can i change the video_ts.ifo in a way that it recognizes the chapterpionts made in a vts.ifo, and allows it to play fluently in a standalone dvd?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"The thing is that i can't seem to make Sub-menus in TMPGEnc dvd Author. I would like to make a dvd with several video files, and a menu so i can choose. I'm not sure this is possible in TMPG Dvd Author. "

It's as simple as loading each file as a SEPARATE TRACK...

Comment

Working...