X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeventySix
    • Dec 2003

Widescreen MM2 .avi to DVD

Hey

I'm trying to author a widescreen DVD using Nero Vision Express 2, but I end up with a laterally-squashed image that my TV thinks is widescreen (I assume this because it automatically switches aspect ratio) but still has black margins either side of the distorted picture.

The width of the picture appears wider than 4:3, but not enough to be 16:9 - hence the black margins, which look as though they are part of the picture, as if they were createdby NVE 2. Even if I force the TV back into 4:3 mode, the picture is still distored (too tall)

The source AVI file is from a Sony DV camera, recorded in 'true widescreen' (it plays back a full WS picture direct from the DV camera), captured, edited and saved in AVI format in Microsoft MovieMaker 2 in 16:9 PAL format.

If I play the AVI file in Windows Media Player 9, it automatically assumes a 16:9 aspect ratio.

However, no matter what I seem to do in Nero VE 2, it previews and ultimately burns the video with margins. I have set the Aspect Ration in Video Options>DVD-Video to 16:9 and chose the High Quality Quality setting.

My version of NVE is 2.0.1.15 and is is the 30-day demo evaluation.

How can I sort this so I get a proper, fullscreen WS picture.

Thanks

SeventySix
  • SeventySix
    • Dec 2003

Hey again

I don't need this answering anymore because I'm now using a combination of TMPGEnc Encoder & their DVD Author, downloaded from the links on this site (thanks Digital Digest!) with success.

Thanks for looking, tho.

---------------------------
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    No matter.
    Try again - fail better.

Comment

Working...