Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s2kman
    • Nov 2003

video ruff after capture in MPEG2

Ok, I was converting VHS to MPEG2 and I'm using Pinnacle Studio 8 for this. Anywayz, I captured the video in MPEG2 and when I went to play it back, there was a lot of, I don't know what to call it, but it was like going in slow motion. Kinda like if you draw a cartoon on a a bunch of pieces of paper, and flip through them fast, and the character moves.

Well that is how the video was.
    I am not sure about settings or anything for the capture, just that it was MPEG2.

Also, the sound didn't match up with the video.

Could this be caused by my processor being to slow or something like that? 1.4ghz 256 MB

I'm not sure what is going on. Anybody have any suggestions on what I could check for?
    PC:
    1.4 GHZ Athlon, 256 MB Ram, Win XP, Plextor PX-708A, Ritech 4X Media.
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

You have plenty of processor...what, specifically, are you using to capture with (type card or external hardware device)?

Comment

• s2kman
      • Nov 2003

I'm using an ATI 128 All-in-Wonder Pro. And even when you look at the video while it is capturing, it looks perfect on screen.
      PC:

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

I'm not familiar with your card( or with Pinnacle Studio8)...but I know Pinnacle has a user forum on their website. It sounds to me like it's a specific Studio8 problem...and users there might be more familiar with it. If noone here pops up with a satisfactory solution, you might venture there.

Comment

• s2kman
          • Nov 2003

Thanks I will have to check that out.....
          PC:

Comment

• rsquirell
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Feb 2003

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem...but I noticed there was a new Pinnacle driver on the Windows XP update site...don't know if they have one for 2000...and don't know if it has anything to do with your problem.

Comment

Working...