X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VWonnacott
    • Dec 2003

Adding MP3 to Still Jpeg - Making MPG

Hi

Further to my previous post, I am trying to incorporate an MPEG background image on my chapter selection using TMPGend DVD
    to enable a sound backing track.

I have tried merging the MP3 track with the JPG Wallpaper into an MPEG using a program called IPhoto DVD, although TMPGenc doesnt like the resulted movie and will not accept it.

Am i doing something wrong here, I was wondering whether maybe using an MP3 was a bad idea and it should be another music format, thus making the mpeg much smaller.

Could anyone please give guidance on the program and methods needed.

Many thanks

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

Vincent
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Am i doing something wrong here"

Yes you are - .MP3 is not part of the DVD standard and, therefore, will not be recognized by "TMPGEnc DVD Author". Convert the audio to MPEG1 Layer II format and you'll be a happy camper ;>}

Comment

• VWonnacott
      • Dec 2003

Thanks for that

Can you suggest a program for conversion from MP3?

Vincent

Comment

• VWonnacott
        • Dec 2003

Besides that - that doesnt seem rights - like I say the program I am already using merges the jpeg and mp3 to convert to an MPEG - THAT IS WHAT IS NOT WORKING?

Am I making sense

Comment

• rsquirell
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Feb 2003

I've never tried it with mp3...but I've converted other audio streams to mp2 by simply loading the stream into "audio source" in TMPGenc Plus. If a mp2 pops up in the "output" window, hit "start". Don't know if it will work...but worth a try. If it fails...there's a slew of conversion programs that can be found in the download section of this site. TMPGenc is finicky about the audio it works with.

Comment

• ticos2000
            • Jan 2004

The best way is to use Vegas video 4. You can jus do whatever you want in terms of fancy background menues. It supported mpeg2 so it is a mtter of minutes to generate and mpeg2 file that you just can drop over the tmpeg dvd author.

i have created fancy background with music (you just use mp3 files and combine with the still pictures you want and even with transitions). It is amazin the quality you get.

Comment

Working...