• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike_Dean
    • Jan 2004

Audio problems when converting

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone here can help.

I've converted a file (freaky.friday.dvdrip.xvid-deity) using TMPGEnc. The file suposedly has MPEG Audio Layer 3 Format, (when I check the file properties in windows)

The conversion video seems to work to an acceptable degree, but the quality is no good. Using Power DVD (et al) the audio is scratchy and hopless, and on a standalone, the Audio does not play at all.

I tried converting using ES (Video and Audio) as well as System A&V, but alas, same result.

I tried to check the audio format in Virtual Dub, and when I load the file, it claims that "Virtual dub has detected an improper audio encoding in the source avi..and will re-write using std cbr values etc" (alarm bells..?).
    When I check the Audio stream in File information, is states that the compression was Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec. ???
    Can I overcome all this to get an acceptable sound quality on a standalone..
    PS.. sorry for the long post....
  • Reiss
    • Jul 2003

1st of all, its not wise to mention the fact that your trying to encode a pirated movie, we all do it but keep it quiet.
    you may have a codec problem, try using ffdshow to handle your codecs.
    if that doesnt work, enocode you video file using TMPGEnc then onto TMPGEnc DVD Author for the dvd creation.

hope this helps
    P4 3ghz Prescott
    1gb Kingston hyper x
    Radion 9800pro
    200gb sata
    Win XP Pro SP2 MCE'05

Comment

Working...