Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rayzor
    • Jul 2004

5.1 panning DV editing software

I have tried many DV editing trial packages (including Vegas 5, Adobe studio7, Pinnacle Studio 7, Video explosion) to try to find a DV editing package that is basic and has the ability to do 5.1 panning with stereo DV audio. I enjoyed the simplicity of Pinnacle and Video Explosion, but cannot do the 5.1 panning, not even with a plugin (or at least none that I know of). I taught myself to do the panning in Vegas 5 and Adobe, but with those packages the simplicity is long gone. Can anyone reccomend a DV software that is simple, yet will allow me to do the 5.1 panning? I would think that somthing like this could cost between $150-$300, but am willing to try anything that meets my criteria.

Thanks all!
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

first try pinnacle studio 9 trial version, it has option to do surround, 5.1 or not not sure if it works u need to spend 100$
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Rayzor
      • Jul 2004

I did check out Pinnacle Studio 9, they have whats called "Dolby Digital surround sound" but it is only a 2 channel with panning to a single rear "channel". Looks identical to Dolby Pro Logic. Experience with Vegas 5 has shown me what a true 5.1 panning is, as you can adjust all 5 channels and adjust the frequency cutoff for the LFE.

If Pinnacle has a plug-in (even if a 3rd party) that would allow for simple 5.1 surround sound, that would be wonderfull. If anyone knows of that.

Comment

Working...