Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rasmus
    • Oct 2004

Skiping

In many of the movies I have burned the picture freezes and the sound disapperes every now and then. After a couple of seconds the movie skips forward. I burn in 2x.

My question is whether this has to do with my DVDs (Princo DVD-R 1-4x), my recorder (a rather cheap NEC) or my player (Devon 1500). Do you think my problem can be fixed by using more expensive DVDs? Can it affect the outcome if I use the computer during the process?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Do you think my problem can be fixed by using more expensive DVDs?"

Yes

"Can it affect the outcome if I use the computer during the process?"

DEFINITELY!

Comment

• rasmus
      • Oct 2004

I should have said that the skips are in different places different at different times, I can reverese the DVD and the skips might be gone.

I guess that I can accept that more expensive discs is a good thing but I can't understand why I cant use the computer. What gets on the disc gets on the disc, is that not so? I don't get a buffer underrun or anything. I use Nero.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

It is strongly advised that while ripping and or burning, you turn off any unnecessary programs that are running (background and foreground) - they may interfere with I/O...

Comment

Working...