Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kernal
    • Aug 2003

Samsung DVD Ejecting Media

I am having a go at backing up "The Shawshank Redemption" using DVD Shrink and Nero 6, all seems to go well until I place the disc in my Samsung DVD Player, the disc keeps getting ejected.

Does this mean that my DVD Player does not play backups or am I using the wrong kind of media / burning software ?

Is there other software that will burn the files to DVD that will make my Samsung recognise the my DVD-R ?

By the way, if you have not already guessed this is my first attempt at backing up a DVD Video.

Burner = Pioneer 106
    Media = Datawrite Classic (datasafe RED) -R

Thanks in advance,

Kernal
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) You can determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player by going to:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com./

2) Exactly what procedures did you use under NERO to burn the DVD?

3) Take your burned DVD to an electronics retail store and try it on several different DVD players

Comment

• BB_Mike
      • Aug 2004

My Samsung N-501 (the one with Nuon) was listed to not be able to play -R discs. So I bought some +R discs. WRONG. Neither of my DVD backup discs worked on an X-box (they will play most anything).

Solution: I had to upgrade the firmware on my (pretty generic) DVD burner.

Now, both the -R and +R work on my Samsung. However, the generic discs I am using are causing for some problems about 1 hour into the movies due to heat and poor die (or so I'm learning on this forum).

I use DVD shrink and Nero 6.0

-good luck.

Comment

Working...