Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laxcoach
    • Sep 2003

system locks with 5 seconds left

I am using copytodvd v2.3.0.217 with XP Home. Have made many backups with no problem. I have been using the same TDK DVD+R media. All of a sudden, i'm making coasters. In my last three attempts (different movies), it will get to the last 5 seconds or the finalization stage and lock up. The whole system locks up and I have to manually hit the power button for a reset. Any ideas? Will going to v2.3.4 help? Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) You may have just hit a "bad bunch" of media (even from within a larger group of media)

2) You might try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on your burner. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US

Comment

• laxcoach
      • Sep 2003

Thanks. guess it could be one of those reasons although the desktop is only 3 months old. i'll try it. but it just seems odd that is consistently close to or in the finalization process. thought it might be more software related.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

PCs, burners, burning software, and burning media are all like the L.I.E. on a Sunday - You never know what to expect ;>}

Comment

• laxcoach
          • Sep 2003

thanks for the local reference. It's all clear to me now. Well, I purchased a DVD cleaner and upgraded to CopyToDVD v2.3.4. Not sure which was the solution but it works. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the tips."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...