Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conafam
    • Oct 2003

I need help please

Hi Im new to DVD buring and need help as unfortuately I also seem to be saving money on polish by making coasters.

As far as I can see, ripping encoding and burning (at 2x speed)the DVD goes fine with no error messages. To to the above I use DVD Decrypter/DVD Shrink and Nero 6.

My problem lies within the playback of the DVD-R's .

The picture and playback of the movie is fine upto the point where Neo catches Trinity when she is falling from the building near the last quarter of the film. The movie seems to jump and skip alot and can seem very blocky and unstable.

I have also noticed that the scene selction feature doesn't seem to completely work . I can view it and navigate around it, but when I select a scene from the movie above chapter 15 the screen goes black as if its searching for the scene on the disc but can't find it.

I have checked my original VOB files that DVD decrypter created and they all play fine, with no stutter. I noticed on DVD shrink they mention that with higher compression you lose image quality. Can someone tell me what kind of quality loss I am looking for, becasue as far as I can see the picture quality is still very good. For this film I had to use compression level 6 to fit it onto the DVD-R (thats without any extras) which is quite a high level. Could this compression be casuing my stuttering problem?

I also thought maybe it was a problem with the type of discs Im using. (Datwrite General Purpose 2x 4.7G) I thought that as the problem occurs near the end of the movie, the data for that part of the movie is at the edge of the disc and is therefore more likley to skip and jump. No??

Ok Ive been going on long enough but could someone someone PLEASE help me!
  • DVDIdiot
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2002

is this PRINCO media? if it's Princo then it's the media type, I had the same problem as yours by using this Princo, but when I went back to DVDPro, things worked out perfectly.

Another thing about the MENUS. what I do is :
    1. RIP in FULL MODE
    2. DELETE any unwanted VOB files
    3. Use IFOEDIT to get VTS SECTORS
    4. Use DVD2ONE to do a FULL DISK, this way, you'll get the exact Menus as the original

5. always test before you burn!!!!!

Happy Days!
    DVD Step-by-Step Guides
    http://dvdplanet.fateback.com

Comment

Working...