Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TenaciousME437
    • Nov 2003

Usable Menus Possible??

I'm sure there's some way to do it, but I haven't figured out how to put usable menus (with scene selection and play feature) onto a back up. I tried just putting them into the video file of nero but they just play through before the movie.. Is there any way to get the menus to do their job??
  • glen4cindy
    • Nov 2003

If you are ripping with DVD Decrypter, be sure to select ALL files, and rip in File mode. If you are using DVD Shrink, be sure to keep all of the Subpictures.

Try using CloneDVD to burn your backups. There is a check box to preserve menus. If you use this feature, you will have the exact menus the original had.

Comment

• TenaciousME437
      • Nov 2003

So if I use DVD Shrink keep all the subpictures, but when I put the file back onto a disc, do I just put the menus in the VIDEO_TS folder, or is there another way that I have to do it? Is CloneDVD burning software like NERO or decryption software like DVD Shrink?

Comment

• glen4cindy
        • Nov 2003

Yes, CloneDVD is a burning program.

You choose the 'Copy DVD Titles' option, then, on the next screen, point to where the files you ripped with DVD Decrypter are located. Just under that, there is a check box that says "preserve menus" next to it. Click on this box to select it.

Then, on the next screen, you will have the option to keep or delete the opening sequence, (like the short scene that puts a pic of a castle on the screen, and says Castle Rock in 'The Green Mile'. You can also select to keep or not keep different audio streams.

Then, when you choose "Write", CloneDVD will do all of the work of creating the directory struckture, and putting the necessary files where they belong.

Hope this leads you down the right path. It has worked for me.

Comment

• TenaciousME437
          • Nov 2003

thanks for the help, I'll give it a try and see how it goes

Comment

Working...