Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tunnlrat
    • Jun 2003

Garbled Menu

Well there I was, copying my dvd to the hd. I used vobdec to copy all the .VOB files right to the hd. I wanted to make a backup of one of my kids dvd so the kids can use it and if it gets scratched it doesn't matter. My problem though is this, I used nero 6.0 to burn the dvd. The movie itself works fine. All the audio is correct, I can switch from french to english no problem. My problem is that when the menu tries to load its all garbled. PowerDvd won't even play the burnt movie. Windows media player and even my ATI dvd player both play the movie, but have a messed up menu. My stand alone player plays the movie fine, but again the menu is all garbled it skips and goes all blocky, and I can only play the movie and not access any options.

Does anyone know why?? or should I try a different progam to back up the vob files??
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I used vobdec"

Instead, try using DVD Decrypter to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Comment

• tunnlrat
      • Jun 2003

Thanks you very much

That worked perfect, thank you very much for you help. Does it make a difference if you copy the vob files that are not encypted by just copy and pasting to the hd??

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"That worked perfect, thank you very much for you help."

My pleasure ;>}

"Does it make a difference if you copy the vob files that are not encypted by just copy and pasting to the hd??"

No - but you may find that DVD Decrypter can do the copying faster than Windows ;>}

Comment

Working...