• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyRotton
    • Dec 2003

New Backups Getting Jittery Frames

Hey Guys,

Great Forum!!!

I have been making backups of my DVD's for about a month and everythings has been working great! Now a problem has come up and I was wondering if any of you guys have had this.

I'm using DVD Decrypter then DVD shrink and burning with IMGBURN or Cloned DVD.

It seems that when I shrunk Pirates of the Carabbean and SEABISCUIT the outcome was undesrirable with sticky and shaky frames. Like I said I have done about 20 movies and they have all come out fine.

Now since these are NEW RELEASE films I was wondering if they have put a little extra something that Decrypter can't detect???

I am shrinking them down to level 5 which is about 25% of original. I have used several types of media +r +rw and different brands so I don't think it's the media.

Has anyone had success with these two movies??

Any Ideas?????

Thanks in advance
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

I don't think using level 5 compression in DVD Shrink, which you noted is 25%, would cause your problem. Are "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "SEABISCUIT" DVD9 movies? Meaning 9.4 gig or more. Also, I assume you are trying to compress these movies so they fit on one 4.7 gig DVD-r. You did not state if this was the case very clearly in your post. Have you tried splitting the movies on to two disks with no compression?

Comment

• JohnnyRotton
      • Dec 2003

Thanks for the reply,

Yes they are DVD9 movies but I reauthor and pull just the movie out. The movie ends up being about 7 gigs and then compress at level 5 and I have have great success until now! Yes I'm trying to fit them on a 4.7 DVD+r. This process has worked very good in the past! I borrowed my buddies Pirates movie and I'm in the process of trying it again just to see if it was my movie. If it also fails I will try doing half of the movie with no compression and if that comes out ok I will know it's the compression that is messing it up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To JohnnyRotton

"Now since these are NEW RELEASE films I was wondering if they have put a little extra something that Decrypter can't detect???"

Nope. I successfully used DVDDecrypter to rip the NTSC versions of both DVDs - and DVD2One to compress - with no evidence of "sticky and shaky frames"...

Comment

• JohnnyRotton
          • Dec 2003

Setarip - Thanks for the reply!!

I have narrowed it down to the compression! For Pirates I had to use level 7 in DVD Shrink and I guess that'stoo much!

I made a short dvd (first 5 mins) with no compression and it came out great.

Setarip - How is the quality using DVD2ONE???

I'm in the process of using DVD2ONE to back up my movie!

I guess I have two choices

1. If it comes out good using DVD2ONE go with it!

2. Split the movie in two and back up to two discs.

Thanks

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Setarip - Thanks for the reply!!"

My pleasure ;>}

"How is the quality using DVD2ONE???"

Quite acceptable...

Comment

• JohnnyRotton
              • Dec 2003

Setarip - Gotta give you props!!

I'm very pleased with the outcome using DVD2ONE!

You saved me a lot of headache!

Have a Merry X-Mas

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"You saved me a lot of headache!"

Glad to hear that ;>}

Comment

Working...