X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • urisela
    • Jan 2004

DVD - File List on TV

Hi,
    Here is a problem hopefully you can help. I authored a DVD volume using DVDit PE and created a volume from the project. I have then burned the project on DVD +RW media. When I play the DVD on my PC using PowerDVD the project looks and plays fine. However, when I try to play it on a regular table top DVD player I see a file tree on the TV and I cannot play the poject. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Uri
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What procedures and software did you use for burning?

ALL DVD-related files (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) must be placed into a folder named VIDEO_TS (MUST be all capitals) for burning. You should also create an additional empty folder named AUDIO_TS (MUST be all capitals as well) for inclusion when you burn.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• urisela
      • Jan 2004

Evidently, I made a mistake by specifying DVD ROM as opposed to DVD Video.. Changing it solved the problem..
      While we are at it, for some reason my DVDit will recognize the DVD burner on my machine. This is the reason that I create a DVD volume with DVDit and burning using Nero. Any suggestions how to solve it?
      Thanks,
      Uri

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Evidently, I made a mistake by specifying DVD ROM as opposed to DVD Video.. Changing it solved the problem.."

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma ;>}

Comment

Working...