Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sanker
    • Feb 2004

I got two questions?

i got two questions, the first one being, can u remove widescreen using DVD shrink if not what program can?
    secondly, i burn the menus onto the DVD yet i cannot select any of the options on the menu??? what is with that, could that b my dvd player or do the menus just dont work??? i can do without them but it would b nice to have them.

IDEA! we should start sharing the DVD's that we back up so that others can have them, like a p2p program only with the pop ups and the RIAA after us LOL just an idea but pm me if u have ne DVD's to share!
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Remove wide screen?

Most dvd movies which are available in both widescreen and fullscreen are usually on both sides of a disc (widescreen on one side and full screen on other)..Use 'Shrink 3. 0 Beta 5 on those D-9's where both are contained and remove one (usually a few mb than other). Then open 'Shrin 3.1.4 and view the ripped movie to ascertain whether ripped movie is full screen.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

If the different versions are on the same side, you can use dvd stripper to remove one version of the film and still use the menus. Then shrink the files.

Otherwise. just use reauthor in shrink to determine both versions of the film and just copy the one you want.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

Always use the freeware solution as they are the "go-to" when the commercial softwares fail.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

DVD Stripper is now freeware (v0.30 with option to donate). There is also titleset blanker (freeware) which removes total VTS files. If a unwanted version of the film is VTS 4, then just select that.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

Does the stripper have any spyware, or do you know? Tried DivX and that spyware screwed my sytem up.
            Rig :

Comment

• Quality's Proof
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jan 2004

As to your second question, high quality movie sharing is still limited by legalese and broadband access. I am not debating the legal points, but stating that such exist and even if we overcome such, we are still being limited by broadband access (most of us have dial-up access).

Did you start this thread to get something started?

If you want help with your dvd movie back-ups, this is the place to ask, but do give the necessary info..
              Rig :

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Does the stripper have any spyware, or do you know? Tried DivX and that spyware screwed my sytem up.
                No spyware. It is just an exe file, as well as another exe file for menumodder (their version of menuedit). Menumodder also shows the actual menu with video.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Jan 2004

nwg,

Good. As I said, use freeware.
                  Rig :

Comment

Working...