X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdxbuysell
    • Jan 2004

How to rip a DVD?

Hi,

I am newbie to DVD ripping/burning. I just bought a new DVD Drive (LiteOn 811s 8x Dual Format). I want to make a copy of a DVD movie that I own.

I understand how things work when I just want to copy the entire DVD. I can use DVDShrink and Nero and just get the compressed version of the DVD.

But I am not sure about how things work when I want to reauthor. I know that DVDShrink has a reauthoring mode. I can use that to remove extras etc. But what happens to the menus when the items that they point to are deleted. Where does DVDStripper and MenuModder figure in this process? Or can I do the same things using DVDShrink?

Thanks
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

When you use the re-author mode, the menu is gone. There are some softwares which you can use for the menu purpose, but 'Shrink isn't configured that way as it's only less than a mb.

You could close this thread and start another thread about how to retain/create a menu with 'Shrink reauthored files. Most persons whom do back-ups only rip the movie and sometimes a trailer, extra(s), etc.. Then again, somebody could read this thread and.....
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...