Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scottybowwow
    • Feb 2004

Hello...New Here...

Hello everyone I am new here to the forums and need a little help.

I am trying to make a copy of "Half Past Dead" and it has all the menus and that, if i rip the dvd and burn the files or if i just do a straight copy to copy, when i play then burned dvd it only does the first like 10 seconds of the introduction bit where the picture of statur of liberty comes up and then will not play, it closes down windows media player and wont play on Powerdvd. The disc i am copying is a dvd+r and the blank recordable is a dvd+r which i went out and bought today. It has happened with other dvds as well and i am wasting alot of discs which are quite expensive!!! Can anyone give me a little help please?? Also does anyone know how to make these naffed up blank dvds back to blank discs???

Cheers Everyone
    Scott
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

Try Dvdshrink or Dvddecrypter(in copy all files mode) and rip to your hard drive. Play your ripped dvd (from your hard drive) with you're dvd software and see if everything is ok up to this point.
    ps. I would get a blank dvd-rw for problem testing to save on blank media costs.

Comment

• Scottybowwow
      • Feb 2004

Hey cheers for the advice but the dvd i have ripped is a "copied dvd" which i bought. All the files from the disc are on my hardrive from when i ripped them all in full mode on dvd decrypter. How do you view them using your software? it has a few .bup files .vob files and "DVD Navigation" files. I tried highlihting them all and then played them in power dvd but it wouldnt play, it wouldnt open but when i play the dvd i ripped on my PS2 or on my pc (windows media player not powerdvd cause it wont open it) it works fine. I tried playing the files also in windows media player but also wouldnt play. i copy dvds without menus just perfect but the ones with menus will not work right at all most just get on the intro movie bit like sayin the like e.g. "20th century fox" movie, and then a black screen. It's really irritating me...you got any ideas???

Cheers for last advice though

Scott

Comment

• cyrano
        • Jan 2004

I don't have any specific advice. I would read any and every thread in this forum to glean as much info as possible. Also DVDrhelp.com has a lot of good info.
        If you are trying to use menus on a reauthored copy you will have problems.

Good luck. Read and use the RW media for testing. It does save money (and hair folicles ).
        - Mike

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

Not sure about powerdvd, I use Windvd and nero showtime. With both of these applications you choose, play from folder, then browse to the VIDEO_TS folder. You highlight the VIDEO_TS folder and click ok to play.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

In order to erase a dvd writeable disc, that disc has to be a Re-Writeable disc....what is called an RW, whether a -RW or an+RW.

A freeware RW erasing software is available from Coujo.de, it is the IMG Tools v. 1.1.1 (I've read the Classic v. 0.91.1 does so, also, but I have not tried such and so can not attest to that). There is a Partial Erase setting in v. 1.1.1 that works very well with most discs/writers.
            Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

I use DVDinfopro for erasing. It does a much better job than most other software. It is also free (as long as have adverts on the screen). It will also require updating every now and then.

I have used Nero to erase and got a bit of the Matrix during the credits for The 5th Element!!

I put Memorex discs (erased by Nero) through the read error test in DVDinfoPro. I got lots of errors at the last 100MB or so, even though the discs played fine. I erased in DVDinfopro and got no errors.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jan 2004

IMG Tools is freeware and the Partial erase works so well that I recorded LOTR (Extended Version) with nothing from previious contents.

LOTR's both Extended versions. and now, she'll want the next released Extended Version also Sigh......that youngin' of mine is so expensive. But she did/does understand not to buy the regular release...so, everything's alright.
                Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...