Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigwig6666
    • Feb 2004

This is a "Blank" CD, wish to continue?

I have been desperately attempting to get DVD X-COPY to work in copying one dvd to another. It did work at one point. I recently have been using MEmorx DVD-RW's as blank media. I copied a movie to the disc, the movie didn't play in any standalone DVD player or my DVD computer drive. I went into roxio ez cd, went to erase disc, and it gave me the warning, "This is a blank disc, do you wish to erase anyway?" It wasn't a blank disc, I can see the line between the written and unwritten on the disc, why did I get this warning?

Greg
  • ashy
    • Nov 2003

First of can you actually see any files on the disk in explorer?
    If not then either the disk is indeed blank or it's a TOC problem.

Can you actually burn any files to the disk as data and not DVDvideo?

I would first try erasing the disk totally then try and burn some data to it at the lowest speed.
    If that doesn't work then it could be crap disks ( I don't think memorex are quite that good).
    I had this problem once with Traxdata RW. I could burn the disk, but it always showed as blank. I upgraded to Verbatim and everything was fine.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

BigWig,

Try downloading the freeware IMG Tools v.1.1.1.1 from Coujo.de. This freeware has a very good RW partial erase feature which has worked for many as a fast partial erase, where you can record again. This should solve your RW erase problem.

321 Studios did report problems with Roxio and Nero, etc.. I have used the DVDXCopy Gold (includes XPress) solution. But, I mostly use the DVDShrink (different versions, sometimes (I also like 3.0 Beta 5)), IMG Tools CLASSIC v. 0.91.1 (from : Coujo.de ) and DVDDecrypter v. 3.1.9.0 for ripping/shrinking/burning dvd movies back-ups.
      Last edited by Quality's Proof; 16 Feb 2004, 01:24 AM.
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...