• Show
Clear All
  • keymastur
    • Feb 2004

best disc

what's the best disc to use as far as brand goes ?? i've always used TDKs
  • cyrano
    • Jan 2004

I am a newbie but I will say that I have had excellent results with TDK -R's. I am now using Memorex -R's and so far so perfect. The TDK's cost $1.50 ea. - The Memorex cost $1.00 each.

My burner is a dual format Iomega and my AMD cpu is an XP 2200+. I run with 512 Ram.

Here is a recent thread on the same topic: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=32581
    There are others here who will offer more knowledgable help than I.

Good luck - I'm concerned with the same question as you asked.
    Last edited by cyrano; 16 Feb 2004, 01:21 AM.
    - Mike

Comment

• Quality's Proof
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jan 2004

As the "general" "rule of thumb", the TDK's are as good as it gets with dependable quality. The thread link above very much sums most of it up. If you intend to share your movie back-ups (as most of us do/are) with friends, etc., a disc with "burner compatiblity" (rather than specific standalone compatibility) is best as, the media/standalone compatibility many try for, is too limiting for many people.

I tend to view my movie back-ups as a way to share dvd quality movies with my friends and not be hassled by a returned "scratched" disc's cost to replace. More friendships are less strained this way and even strengthened as you do "share".
      Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...