DVD-R wont work when unwanted audio streams are removed.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azilex
    • Feb 2004

DVD-R wont work when unwanted audio streams are removed.

Hi there, Im not sure if anyone has experienced this but when i try to remove unwanted audio stream from the DVD that I am trying to back-up and burn the results into a disc, i will be receiving a disc error message. But if i leave it as is(full disk), with the audio stream that i want to remove and burn it to DVD, it will play normally on a stand alone DVD player. In this way the compression level on the movie is already below 60%. Is there a work around on this? Thanks for the time.
  • Quality's Proof
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jan 2004

Visit : dvdshrink.info for to read some easy to understand dvdshrink guides. If the guides show where you did something wrong (it happens), then use the guides. If you did as guide said to do and still have problem, then :

Post your movie back-up method. Include whether use re-author mode, which dvdshrink version used, what burned with, what burner, what dvd blank name, etc.
    Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• azilex
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Quality's Proof
      Visit : dvdshrink.info for to read some easy to understand dvdshrink guides. If the guides show where you did something wrong (it happens), then use the guides. If you did as guide said to do and still have problem, then :

Post your movie back-up method. Include whether use re-author mode, which dvdshrink version used, what burned with, what burner, what dvd blank name, etc.
      Thanks for the response. Already been using steps being presented in dvdshrink.info and it still didnt work. im using a lite-on 411s with the recent firmware, dvdshrink 3.1.5 on a pentium1.8ghz 512MB ram system. I had dvdshrink analyze my DVD first then unchecked all audio streams i do not want to be included and retaining all subpictures and when i burn the results of the back-up, when i insert it to my dvd player it will mount a disc eror message. But when i hit on play it will play the movie. What i wanted to do was for the disc to act normally as the original one in a manner where when i insert in the the player, it will go through the normal intro and stuff then let me choose settings before the movie is played. Will this be possible in my current setup? Thnx a lot. Hope to hear from you again.

Comment

• Quality's Proof
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Jan 2004

Your 1.8 Ghz, P - 4 processor, is plenty powerfull, and you have plenty of Ram for that size processor (DVDShrink is "processor-intensive"), as 'Shrink likes ~ 400 Mb ram (384 Mb) for up to ~ 2.0 to 2.2 Ghz processors.

Answered your private message with steps to use.

If a problem, do post and we will try to help you. If back-ups now work, post that, too, including the steps you used ; as it will help newbies.
        Last edited by Quality's Proof; 26 Feb 2004, 05:08 PM.
        Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

Working...