X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron2368
    • Mar 2004

Unable to make image file with Shrink

Hi
    I did my first dvd backups using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink.

The first time everything went fine and I was able to use decrypter to write the new dvd.

I have another I am working on its driving me nuts. I used dvd decrypter to put the files on my HD, when I run shrink in either full disk or select out files it produces a folder with the dvd contents but there is no image file. Without the image file dvd decrypter has no file to burn. I have used the directions at http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/23_1.html

When I click backup in shrink thats where I think my problem lies. I have nero burnroom 5.5.66 on my pc. All the files during encoding go into the into the folder for temporary files. But on the burn settings tab - target file for image recorder, must not bet doing that right. I have just been using an empty folder like c:\image but that wont work. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Which version of DVD Shrink are you using? The ISO image option is only on the latest I think.
    Do you not have a DVD burning application that you can use the shrunk DVD structure to burn?
    Bear in mind you want to end up with a disk with a VIDEO_TS folder containing all created IFO, BUP and VOB files.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

If you are using 3.1.7 b5. It saves to ISO and then loads Decrypter and burns. You have to select ISO image in the backup target device options.

Comment

• ron2368
        • Mar 2004

My shrink version is 3.1.3, I will try the newer version.

I seemed to get an image file the first time I used it with another movie but not this time???

sfheath....... I have nero but it is only the cd version and did get sonic my dvd with my lite on 851. The sonic software never lets me copy. I did copy the shrink output files using its backup feature but the it only plays one middle segment of the movie( wont start from beginning. I may have copied the files and not the folder. Is there anywhere I can learn more about this?

Thank you

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

Prior to 3.1.7, the image recorder makes a NRG image file. This can be burnt by Nero or Decrypter.

You have to select image recorder as the target device. Then load decrypter in ISO write mode to burn it.

Comment

• ron2368
            • Mar 2004

The new shrink did it. Made the image and I burned it with decrypter. I think that I was not setting the file targets correctly among a few other mistakes.

Comment

• sfheath
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Sep 2003

Glad you got there - thanks for the feedback
              This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...